Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage living residents?

ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
What's your favourite pre-made from Cottage living pack, and what did you do with them?
In my game I'm playing with Cecilia Kang, I twisted her story a little bit.

Cecilia Kang is living with her eldery mom in her childhood family farm. Backstory: While growing up, she always found the farm boring. She was very lively as a kid, and when she reached her teenage years, she always show a great ambition for life. She wasn't comfortable with the role she was seeing her mom perform, (always baking in the kitchen and taking care of the cows, and only participating in the family life in the farm, like most of the other women in town), so, somehow, she always knew she wanted to move out of town to archive greater things. She saw the opportuniity in the city, and when she was old enough, she moved out to study bussiness. Eventually, she formed her own life, far away from the farm. Consequently, she distanced a lot from her family as well. She had her carreer, she got engaged, she had a nice apartment... but at one point in her adult life, everything felt like going wrong for her. A couple of years ago, she got news that her father died (from old age) and, while still grieving her dad, and completely our of clue, her fiance canceled the engagement; she had to search for another place to live and found herself starting all over again, but she didn't feel like she was the happy lively girl with great dreams anymore, in fact, she didn't feel alright at all. Years gone by this way, till she received a letter from her mom. Her mom told her that things in the farm weren't going great. Since the death of Cecilia's father, she was having a hard time taking care of the animals all alone, specially the last year, when she started feeling particulary weaker and older. In the letter, she was telling Cecilia how she's recently started getting more and more offers from their neighbors to buy her dear cows; she didn't want to accept any offer for her animals, of course, she adores her animals so much, but she told Cecila that she was feeling like she has no other option. She finished the letter telling her how much she misses her.

This really touched Cecilia, as she didn't want to leave her mom alone. She felt her mom needed her more than ever, and that fact that someone else in her life needed her so much, lit a spark in her.

She decided to go live with her mom, and she felt more compromised than ever with the farm. She decided she was going to use all the knowledge she acquire in business school, to help her mom and her childhood farm to succeed. She is, of course, going to need to learn a lot from farming and cows too, but that only ignites her ambition for learning even more. <3
Post edited by Elisdream on

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I guess the Watson family, or maybe the creature keeper. Well, the Crumplebottoms are fun to interact with, but I did not get very attached to the premades in this EP.

I specifically mention the Watsons because I end up coveting their estate more often than not. If I interact with them heavily, they will end up falling prey to a scheme to remove it from them. On paper I love the large family on a farm thing, but I want my Sims doing it and they have 64x64 lot I want.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Hm, I planned to play the Scotts but when I realized they would then no longer be pub owner, I changed my plan.

I moved the Watson family to 3 Olde Mill Road, where hey now run the traditional Watson Chicken Farm. They of course sell eggs (3 coops so far), but are also widely known for their Mayonnaise (old family recipe).

The elderly gay couple (never recall their names but I think it is MacGilan and Moody) rents Cordelia's Secret Cottage that they rent from the current owner in Windenburg. The history of the cottage is that it always had female owners, I think they all descended from Cordelia's father. They keep a Llama (providing with yarn for cross stitching, and they have a chicken coop and grow a little food for their own consume. I pretend the couple used to live in San Myshuno, and moved here to get old together.

I also play the Crumplebottom household. Agnes has a young adult son, and she and son moved in with Agatha some time ago. They pay rent to the owner, Duke of Rossie, by delivering apple produce for the apple nectar production that takes place at Shiningham Hall next door (Crumplebottom Cottage used to be a part of the old Shiningham apple orchard). The Crumplebottom cousins still mange the garden stall, I created copies for their household, and just avoid origin/copy to meet.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The problem with premades is that they often don't have the funds to remain in their homes. I was convinced the Watsons could not retain their farm so I had Tiberius Landgraab Jr. visit with a money tree seed. Rashidah is almost an adult now and will be moving out.

The Scotts had triplets so I was forced to move them into a bigger house in Willow Creek.

I never played Ms Kang or the elderly couple, who have died.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I like your Cecilia Kang story @Elisdream :)