Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Modded Random Legacy - The Ogle Legacy

Yep this Legacy is chock full of mods, because its the only way I don't get bored and abandon a challenge! This random legacy is the one made by Pleasant Sims, where the goal is to pay your bills, build up the legacy house and produce an heir. Sounds simple right? Wrong! The mods used make everything much harder, most jobs need a degree to get promoted, wages are drastically reduced, utilities have to be paid for to be turned on and much more. On top of this, the founding sim is randomised as much as possible, from how they look to their personality, likes and dislikes and even who they are attracted to.
Screenshot-3216.png

So here she is, the founder of the OGLE Legacy. I started with a base sim and then randomised everything from her body shape and skin tone, to her facial features and clothing. All of the random! Her random traits make her a paranoid, active snob who wants to be a Zen Guru.

The next thing to be done was to randomise the season she would be starting in and the world she would be living in. The roll of the dice gave her Fall as a starting season and Newcrest as the legacy world. The rules state the founder must live on the biggest lot in the world so I got the biggest lot in the world. Whatever its called. I then had to cheat her money down to $1800 and build her a hovel to live in...with randomised lot traits and challenges!
Screenshot-3218.png
Screenshot-3219.png

But first I had to shell out to turn on some utilities. This is the SNB bills mod and its fab. Want to use your cell phone? Tough, pay your contract first! As we will be needing to get Meredith a job through the cell phone, I paid to turn it on and also paid to turn on water, because noone wants to use a toilet that can never be flushed. This left just $1615 to build a hovel with! Though to be honest, thats actually a fortune compared to my normal sims who get nothing and must suffer their way to a hovel.
Screenshot-3220.png

She got lucky with the random lot traits. The reduce and recycle is actually a fixed lot trait until the garbage utility is paid for and turned on in SNB bills. Romantic aura should help her get a spouse and good schools is always good! She was also lucky to get just one lot challenge, using the dice you can get up to three challenges so yeah. Simple Living isn't too bad, just means Meredith will be living off fruit salad forever!
Screenshot-3221.png

The final set up we have to do for Meredith is roll her career. This is the ONLY way she can make money, her wages from her job. She cannot even sell career rewards. She rolled Astronaut which should be interesting as I have never played that career and the Career Overhaul Mod will make it much more difficult to progress anyways!

I don't seem to have a picture of her hovel, but its a standard 3 x 3 box with the cheapest bed, cheapest fridge and toilet. She doesn't have power yet so there is no light, no decor, just a cheap window and a door.

The first day she has to herself as her job doesn't start until the following day, so this is the best time to get her out and about, meeting the men of the town. It is men she is interested in, I checked her preference in the attractiveness mod I am using.
Screenshot-3225.png
Screenshot-3226.png

She found Marcus Flex very attractive but it was Caleb Vatore that set her pulse racing! Unfortunately for her, I have tried this challenge with vampires and it's a pain so she will not be getting to hook up with the lovely but undead Caleb.
Screenshot-3229.png
Screenshot-3231.png

There was no one else that caught her eye so the next couple of days she focused on her job, resulting in two promotions. Not bad, considering she decided she disliked Handiness and that's kinda a necessity for an Astronaut. This is as far up the career ladder as she can get for now, because the next set of promotion requirements include getting a Technical Degree! Our girl is going to have to study from home and hold down her job too. Thankfully the creator of this challenge uses a shorter university mod, so she will actually only need to pass 4 classes to get her degree.

I think this is long enough for a first post, so I will end here. Spoiler: I am actually well into the second generation so I know there is loads of randomness to come. If you guys want me to keep sharing the OGLE adventures let me know and I will, if not I will just let this post disappear into the abyss!