Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone else had butlers charge enormous amounts when rotating back to that household?

mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
The Fengs have a butler. At the beginning of the 2nd rotation with butler, the butler had been replaced by a complete incompetent so they fired him at the end of the first day and were able to rehire their old butler. It's now the beginning of the 3rd rotation with butler. When midday first came, the time when usually the butler's wages of between S200 and S300 are deducted automatically from household funds, I encountered this notification.
Screen-Shot-2021-09-16-at-8-54-27-PM.png

And then, not S6,900, but the Fengs' entire holdings of around S12,000 were reduced to zero.

I have no idea how to pay the "remittance" that the butler mentions.

I found a similar report here, also the Fengs with rotational play, but it's an old thread (2017) so I'm starting this one.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920111/expensive-butler

I put up a bug report here in case anyone cares to add anything
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/VG-Butler-s-wages-accumulate-unpaid-while-playing-other/td-p/10731944

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I don't mind using money cheats to pay the butler and fix the problem, since it's obviously a bug, but how do I even pay the "remittance" ?

(Also, they really love their butler, especially after the experience with the incompetent one, so I really don't want to fire him and hire another.)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2021
    This is the reason I don't have butlers in my gameplay. Besides that my sims were also getting charged for services not rendered every single time I had a loading screen at home. This would include every time I went into and came out of CAS, buy and build mode, and whenever my sims would come home where I was able to go with them.

Just a thought, to counteract the money issue, you could grow a Money Tree. The fruit alone would pay for the butler's charges. Trees can be planted in the large square planters.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    @LaBlue0314 hmm yes I have noticed that with maids-- getting charged after traveling, even if the maid had already been and got paid and left earlier that day.
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    yesss it happnes with my maids as well
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    edited September 2021
    @totasims @LaBlue0314 The maid bug is a separate bug report here and it looks like they need saves, for anyone who wants to send one in :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Getting-charged-by-imaginary-NPC-sometimes-twice/m-p/6930321/highlight/true#M69006
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited September 2021
    dang what they been up to when bills are 6,999 :smirk:

but idk I haven't really explored the possibility of having butler

noticed that my most wealthy household has bill of hundred thousand or so to pay though since i haven't played them for a while :sweat_smile: need to get creative when i play them again man...

and i mean that pretty literally because its probably gonna be easiest via making some load of paintings
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    Yes! My butler completely drained my bank account and quit because he took my very last simoleon and I had nothing left to pay him with.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg