Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want out of a Romance Expansion?

Comments

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Maybe this would be a different thing, but I'd appreciate some expansion of the wedding event, like more options over all, as well as being able to pick a "theme" and maybe designate a dress code, maybe even have a proper wedding party, that sort of thing.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    How about a slider between mono and poly preferences? That would reflect reality and create another aspect of compatibility, along with orientations.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited September 2021
    Duicated post by accident.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with a lot of what has already been said. I've been waiting for a romance pack for a while. There's nothing like "Hot Date" or other themes from the past. Romance is either parceled in small amounts in different packs or ignored. I'd like a pack that really expands it

What interactions besides these above do you want? I'd want a lot of new romantic options. I agree that I'd want different romance styles so that sims are all a bit different and we aren't just watching the same few interactions over and over again. I think there needs to be a lot more romantic gestures whether sims are standing, sitting together, relaxing on a sofa or in bed or other places. Romance at home and romance in different venues could be a bit different from each other.

Imagine a chemistry system is introduced. How do you want it to operate? So, I'd like the ability to "set" romance if I have certain couples that I want to be immune from varying romantic interests or external attention. Other sims could have fluctuating chemistry, the sentiments are a step in this direction. I'd like the ability for sims to experience chemistry through doing things together or chemistry that just strikes at random. "I was out in the park and saw you and I just knew." Some sims could have attractions based on certain interests or features that they find attractive but there could be an ability to override that or to be surprised. I kind of like the idea of hidden attraction that gets discovered like someone else mentioned. Some sims could have a type and look for that. "Sporty sims; Geeky sims; great cook, etc".

Let's say a new world is added. What do you want it to be themed from? I'd like an Italian world but romance is so universal that it could be set anywhere or offer different new dating locations.
    What new activities should be brought it? More dancing obviously, activities for dates - maybe with a random dating assignment for those who are set up. Cooking lessons. Activities at the bars. Speed dating, maybe, or group dates. Singles' events.
    What should be added to build and buy mode? Attractive clothes and some frumpy sweats for those wanting to chill at home.
    What should be added to CAS? Some new hairstyles but romance is a pretty universal theme.
    What kind of aspirations or new whims should come with it? I agree that there should be dating or romance styles that vary. There should also be an option to lock a couple so that they don't experience random flirting outside the relationship if they aren't available or interested. We have two aspirations already but I think there could be romantic styles and new gameplay centered around themes like "Lucky in love", "Heartbreaker", "Just my type", or "Ready/Not Ready for Commitment". There could be goals to fall in love a certain way such as a sim who wants to meet others through a dating app or a sim who is against dating apps - not romantic enough or I just want to meet through friends. There could also be ways to set up different sims such as parents/siblings arranging a date or friends setting up a couple. There could be drama for exes. "Still an old flame" or an ex who won't let go.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited September 2021
    Deleted by Catloverplayer.
    How about a slider between mono and poly preferences? That would reflect reality and create another aspect of compatibility, along with orientations.

That would most likely raise the rating to M.
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I agree with a lot of what has already been said. I've been waiting for a romance pack for a while. There's nothing like "Hot Date" or other themes from the past. Romance is either parceled in small amounts in different packs or ignored. I'd like a pack that really expands it

What interactions besides these above do you want? I'd want a lot of new romantic options. I agree that I'd want different romance styles so that sims are all a bit different and we aren't just watching the same few interactions over and over again. I think there needs to be a lot more romantic gestures whether sims are standing, sitting together, relaxing on a sofa or in bed or other places. Romance at home and romance in different venues could be a bit different from each other.

Imagine a chemistry system is introduced. How do you want it to operate? So, I'd like the ability to "set" romance if I have certain couples that I want to be immune from varying romantic interests or external attention. Other sims could have fluctuating chemistry, the sentiments are a step in this direction. I'd like the ability for sims to experience chemistry through doing things together or chemistry that just strikes at random. "I was out in the park and saw you and I just knew." Some sims could have attractions based on certain interests or features that they find attractive but there could be an ability to override that or to be surprised. I kind of like the idea of hidden attraction that gets discovered like someone else mentioned. Some sims could have a type and look for that. "Sporty sims; Geeky sims; great cook, etc".

Let's say a new world is added. What do you want it to be themed from? I'd like an Italian world but romance is so universal that it could be set anywhere or offer different new dating locations.
    What new activities should be brought it? More dancing obviously, activities for dates - maybe with a random dating assignment for those who are set up. Cooking lessons. Activities at the bars. Speed dating, maybe, or group dates. Singles' events.
    What should be added to build and buy mode? Attractive clothes and some frumpy sweats for those wanting to chill at home.
    What should be added to CAS? Some new hairstyles but romance is a pretty universal theme.
    What kind of aspirations or new whims should come with it? I agree that there should be dating or romance styles that vary. There should also be an option to lock a couple so that they don't experience random flirting outside the relationship if they aren't available or interested. We have two aspirations already but I think there could be romantic styles and new gameplay centered around themes like "Lucky in love", "Heartbreaker", "Just my type", or "Ready/Not Ready for Commitment". There could be goals to fall in love a certain way such as a sim who wants to meet others through a dating app or a sim who is against dating apps - not romantic enough or I just want to meet through friends. There could also be ways to set up different sims such as parents/siblings arranging a date or friends setting up a couple. There could be drama for exes. "Still an old flame" or an ex who won't let go.

How would the chemistry system effect couples who already exist? Will this cause an issue? I think I would like to tretamine my Sims Chemistry and preferences, because I don't want Sims that I intend to be together to have annoying issues, on top the annoying issues that we already experience. Like, when my very energized Sims want to exercise, when I'm trying to have them sit and spend time building their relationship. Also, just because a Sim has their preferences, doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested in dating someone or going with someone outside their preferences. Maybe we should give our Sims the option to be open minded and other Sims to be closed minded. Some Sims should be more open to try new things. In real life we humans go through phases. So, I think I would like more power to control what my Sims can accept and what they can't. It really depends how the player wants to tell their Sims stories.

A Sim with trust issues, can later learn to trust more and let people in. A Sim can start out living the wild life, afraid to commit, but gets tired of coming home to a lonely house and tired of hanging around shallow Sims. So, their preferences changes.
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    "Besides slow dancing and cuddling", huh? Just generally sims doing things together instead of just next to or near each other. And non-slow dancing together! The last Sims game I played before TS4 was the first one so I don't know what dancing interactions have been in the games between, but I remember the dancing together interaction in TS1 being cute and fun (though that could also be a non-romantic interaction).
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited September 2021
    Besides the two mentioned by OP I would want/like:

proposal at a table
    holding hands while sitting at a table
    play footsie at the table
    more romantic social interactions
    in-law relationships
    make out on the bed
    more wedding dresses, suits and hair
    bachelor/ette party
    throwing rice at weddings
    congratulate options on marriage/proposal/new boy- or girlfriend
    reworked dates
    chemistry system
    zodiac signs
    an event where you can invite the families of both partners at the same time to get to know each other
    photo booth
    first impression sentiments
    one sided relationships
    a social interaction to introduce your partner to a family member
    buyable chocolates, jewellry and stuff as gifts
    making out on a rug besides the fire
    picnic blanket with unique interactions
    a faithful reward trait that can either be purchased or obtained via gameplay (could also by a lifestyle your Sims develop)

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »

proposal at a table
    in-law relationships
    make out on the bed
    bachelor/ette party
    reworked dates
    chemistry system
    zodiac signs
    an event where you can invite the families of both partners at the same time to get to know each other
    photo booth
    one sided relationships
    a faithful reward trait that can either be purchased or obtained via gameplay (could also by a lifestyle your Sims develop)

Are you a Virgo? I love how organized and clear you are. I think you've summed our collective ideas nicely.

When it comes to things like weddings this is where I believe culture is important. I'm hoping to include different wedding traditions and wedding attire. I don't know how they would be able to do that though. Maybe include items that the player can place at the wedding ceremony, that their Sims can interact with. For example, a special chair where the Bride or Groom can sit on and other Sims pick them up in them up in the chair and dance around. I think people around the world would enjoy seeing their traditions included in the Sims.
    83bienchen wrote: »

proposal at a table
    in-law relationships
    make out on the bed
    bachelor/ette party
    reworked dates
    chemistry system
    zodiac signs
    photo booth
    one sided relationships

Are you a Virgo? I love how organized and clear you are. I think you've summed our collective ideas nicely.

When it comes to things like weddings this is where I believe culture is important. I'm hoping to include different wedding traditions and wedding attire. I don't know how they would be able to do that though. Maybe include items that the player can place at the wedding ceremony, that their Sims can interact with. For example, a special chair where the Bride or Groom can sit on and other Sims pick them up in them up in the chair and dance around. I think people around the world would enjoy seeing their traditions included in the Sims.

Aquarius, actually. Thanks.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    I'm an Aquarius myself
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited September 2021
    btw for any new player interested :wink:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldApO3cQa7g
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp1L3fECnJE&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D
    would like sims 4 version to raise well above these standards...its not really doing that at the moment
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    All of this

An Attraction Chemistry System with Turn Ons and Turn Offs

The option to create boy/girlfriends and fiancies in CAS.

Online Dating App on the phone and pc which would add many options

The option to call over a sim to the sofa and invite them to cuddle,kiss,makeout etc on the sofa

Npc and Townies might ask our sims to cuddle,kiss,makeout on sofa or for a first kiss.

Npc and Townies might ask our sims to marry them or move in with them.

Numorous Romantic Interactions including the slowdance,cuddling,kissing,making out and spooning in bed,an updated cuddle system on the sof a were they don't break off after 5 seconds,new kiss types especially a kiss peck on the lips like Sims 2 had. They could recycle the wedding proposal kiss for that one,kissing and holding hands at tables,footsie at tables,table proposals etc. Oh and by the way there is a mod now that lets sims cuddle in bed. I downloaded it and I love it.

The option to book a Honeymoon in a Romantic Themed World like France and thru an Update to any world with Hotels.

More sexy themed furniture like lip sofas,heart shaped hottubs,bathtubs,sinks and vibrating heart shaped beds.

Heart Shaped Photobooths

Sexy PJ's like we had in Master Suites.

Working Cinemas were the sims actually sit in a theater and watch the movies. You can change the movie theme. The cinemas also have a food and bevage bar with cinema foods like candies,popcorn,nachos,sodas etc and if you really want your sims to be romantic you can get them to share a drink were they both drink out of the same cup and straw.

Drive In Theaters Outside if we get cars.

Love At First Site.

The Return of Love Letters only this time we can put them in our sims inventories so we can read them again or place them on a table.

The option to schedule a date on the calendar.

Secret Admirer crushes were they will send your sim flowers and love letters.

The option to send a woohooie text to another sim and invite them over for woohoo.
    edited October 2021

How would the chemistry system effect couples who already exist? Will this cause an issue? I think I would like to tretamine my Sims Chemistry and preferences, because I don't want Sims that I intend to be together to have annoying issues, on top the annoying issues that we already experience. Like, when my very energized Sims want to exercise, when I'm trying to have them sit and spend time building their relationship. Also, just because a Sim has their preferences, doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested in dating someone or going with someone outside their preferences. Maybe we should give our Sims the option to be open minded and other Sims to be closed minded. Some Sims should be more open to try new things. In real life we humans go through phases. So, I think I would like more power to control what my Sims can accept and what they can't. It really depends how the player wants to tell their Sims stories.

A Sim with trust issues, can later learn to trust more and let people in. A Sim can start out living the wild life, afraid to commit, but gets tired of coming home to a lonely house and tired of hanging around shallow Sims. So, their preferences changes.

Based on their attraction systems. If the one their in a relationship with had all the turn ons they liked they'd think they were extremely attractive. In TS2 and TS3 after they added chemistry and attraction sim spouses had the updates as well.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    btw for any new player interested :wink:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldApO3cQa7g
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp1L3fECnJE&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D
    would like sims 4 version to raise well above these standards...its not really doing that at the moment

These videos are cool, thanks for posting them. I think there's a lot of room for improvement for TS4. Certainly enough to fill its own expansion.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

Wait, why would including poly raise the rating? There isn't anything necessarily explicit about a Sim having two lovers. Otherwise there would already be an M rating.
    Calico45 wrote: »

Wait, why would including poly raise the rating? There isn't anything necessarily explicit about a Sim having two lovers. Otherwise there would already be an M rating.

Perhaps I was wrong.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Dating Website, meet singles can meet on the web.
    Speed dating.
    Blind date.
    Walking hand and hand, a kiss on the head, or hand.
    More options to go on a date like adventure date like ice skating, roller skating, hiking, sledding, like different dates.
    Also different dating locations.
    Different proposal like in the Sims 2 we had surprised proposal why can't we have that back. Also different ways to propose also reaction from on lookers to the proposal.
    Wedding locations and destinations also more celebration and excitement at the wedding ceremony like clapping or cheering even get wedding gifts.
    Different kissing like sloppy kiss, messy kiss, romantic kiss, dreadful kiss.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I want back some of the romantic options we've had before like the Dip Kiss and Heat of the Moment Kiss in Sims 3. I also would like back the kisses in Sims 2 (tender kiss, peck, smooch). Doubt we'd ever get the Goose option back but I'd like that too.

More options I'd like:
    - Go on a romantic stroll
    - Feed food when both are eating (I'm pretty sure you could do this in Sims 2)
    - An option to have an elaborate proposal that has a chance of going wrong
    - Hug from behind
    - Some sims being bad kissers

Also agree with having more for weddings. 'Ask to be best man/maid of honour' would be nice it could grant a happy moodlet and increase the relationship a bit.

6Y6GB8R.png
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Dating Website, meet singles can meet on the web.
    Speed dating.
    Blind date.
    Walking hand and hand, a kiss on the head, or hand.
    More options to go on a date like adventure date like ice skating, roller skating, hiking, sledding, like different dates.
    Also different dating locations.
    Different proposal like in the Sims 2 we had surprised proposal why can't we have that back. Also different ways to propose also reaction from on lookers to the proposal.
    Wedding locations and destinations also more celebration and excitement at the wedding ceremony like clapping or cheering even get wedding gifts.
    Different kissing like sloppy kiss, messy kiss, romantic kiss, dreadful kiss.

And a Kiss Peck like we had in TS2.
    I would like to see Wedding Planner, Cake Decorator and Florist, as careers. Maybe just Wedding Planner. I was just thinking of my cousin, who's a florist. He seems to focus mostly on weddings. He has done big weddings and does amazing work. Being florist is not a small thing. I think weddings could be a pack by itself.

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I would like to see Wedding Planner, Cake Decorator and Florist, as careers. Maybe just Wedding Planner. I was just thinking of my cousin, who's a florist. He seems to focus mostly on weddings. He has done big weddings and does amazing work. Being florist is not a small thing. I think weddings could be a pack by itself.
    A Wedding Planner would be a great career! 🎉🎉🎉
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I'd like to see more unique options tied to sim's traits. I love how unflirty sims have different names for each romantic interaction; the animations should be different and more awkward looking, too. I'd like to see different actions for different age groups, too. Teens should have their own set of age-appropriate interactions with other teens, as RL teens date differently than adults. I'd also love to see some mushy interactions for older couples.

Just as Parenthood gave us different styles of parenting, I'd like to see different styles of relationships. Sort of like the opposites attract sentiment; sims who are opposite should interact differently than sims who are more in sync personality-wise. It'd be neat if the sentiments would unlock new interactions.

I'd love to see a dedicated wedding venue lot type. If they used a system like the seasons decorations or the eco maker types, each sim couple could choose their decorations for their wedding. They'd also have to do some work on getting guests to focus on the wedding - I'd love it if the bride and groom could call their guests over and a "watch wedding" type of interaction that wouldn't get overruled by any passing shiny thing.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    If we get a romance pack, and if they bring back the chemistry system, I want it fixed from the god-awful TS3 version. I don't want random people sending my committed sims gifts or letters, especially if all I've done is say hello to them at the bar.