Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance Pack Hints

Comments

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I loved the heart shaped hot tub from TS1, it had a rustic look to it. The tubs from the other games look too industrial and high tech. Would be lovely to get another tub that is not so modern looking, think it would fit nicely with outdoor retreat.

Yes! Barrel soaking tubs and ofuros would have been so nice with either outdoor retreat or snowy escape.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2022
    Cottage Living came far too soon after DHD for its amount of features to be possibly influenced by the complaints after DHD.

There could be some influence on the next Pack, but probably not that much as I doubt they'd produce extra costs by dropping features already planned.

What I do think is that DHD suffered from a lot of people working on CoL simultanuously. CoL was surely a priority as the first ever TS farming pack and farming was so widely requested.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited January 2022
    Do you think EA will release the pack for Valentine's Day despite the kit release on 2nd February?
    I was so looking forward to get it for my birthday... Now I'm a little worried it'll not come in time.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I really do hope they bring back the Heartshape Bed & Master Suite Romantic Sleepwears in the pack. <3<3
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Do you think EA will release the pack for Valentine's Day despite the kit release on 2nd February?
    I was so looking forward to get it for my birthday... Now I'm a little worried it'll not come in time.

Hm I really doubt it now because it would have to release a week after. If this kit was releasing the end of January I would have more hope.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hm I really doubt it now because it would have to release a week after true but i think there was a kit that was release the day before dream home decora was anoceed truth is ea is crazy so we never know
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Hm I really doubt it now because it would have to release a week after. If this kit was releasing the end of January I would have more hope.

They could release it the last week of this month. Crossing my fingers it happens.
    Think of it. The only Valentine's stuff we have in the game is some Love Day items from Seasons which I love and some items from a that came with a free update a Valentines Day Bear,2 shirts and some undies. With this pack releasing so close to Valentine's Day we should get even more items for Love Day. I strongly believe one of those will be the return of the photobooth and I hope there is a heart shaped version as well. I'm also hoping to see the heart shape wedding arches and love tester machine from TS3 come to this pack.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Courtyard Oasis was released on May 18. Dream Home Decorator was released two weeks later on June 1. It's possible we could still see a GP release before Valentine's Day.
    Just read that we might even get the GP before the kit. That would be great but I hope they're not announcing it extra late because there's nothing to show...
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2022
    It seems likely - the new thing has the blue (wedding) which suggests GP followed by two purples (the last of which looks to be the leaked one), which is two kits. That makes sense, as Valentine's Day is about two weeks before carnaval this year.
    I thought the Party Everyday ist the Canaval Kit. The leaked one is sheduled to release 3rd January, so I doubt they can cramp in an EP and a Kit before that date.
    I'm betting the 2nd kit is Year Of The Tiger.
    Just read that we might even get the GP before the kit. That would be great but I hope they're not announcing it extra late because there's nothing to show...

Hopefully it's more to show and we ll get a Livestream. We haven't seen the trailer yet so we don't really know how big or what theme this GP will be yet. I'm betting on a trailer for Tuesday.

Also we have a Patch coming this month.
    For those of you wondering I will be putting up my Official Countdown Thread after the trailer.
    A trailer on Tuesday is actually quite likely by now. We might also get a tiny teaser video on Monday.
    A trailer on Tuesday is actually quite likely by now. We might also get a tiny teaser video on Monday.

Yes I'm thinking the same.
    edited February 2022
    I hate to be the one being negative, but there have been so many great Gameplay suggestions here and now they already leaked 5 screenshots + 1 render of the new pack and they show hardly any new gameplay.

Let's break it down:
    - there's a new animation for the wedding couple to walk over that kind of new rug (aisle). This is new gameplay and I love it.
    - there's one apparently new dance move (the one from the woman in the left ist already in the game). No dancing face to face or couple dancing shown. Totally unimpressed by this tiny bit of gameplay.
    - there seems to be an interaction to throw rice. Like that, though the throwing interaction is recycled from the throwing petals one so it only half counts as new (City Living)
    - there seems to be a new stall with a new animation to pick a wedding bouquet, but I cannot see that bouquet used anywhere during the ceremony. Sad about that.

What else is there instead of gameplay:
    - a new world (I already said this would mean less gameplay, I guess it's a decent strategy to lure more people into buying the pack)
    - a cake stand without new animations (yet another food stand)
    - new recipes without a fix for the food menu lag
    - a simple remesh of the banquet table and punch fountain from Luxury Party/City Living
    - Sims mostly sitting down and watching and reacting to the ceremony; this is merely a bug fix, as it has been in the code since launch and just hasn't been working for ages
    - the same old make toast interaction as everyday, not even champaign anywhere
    - a child is making the bubbles that came with City Living

And that's it. The rest of it is pure CAS and build items thrown at us as if we weren't covered in kits from head to toe.

The feature description leaves some hope for more gameplay features at least, though most of it seems like giving partys/events we can totally already throw a new name.

Hopefully there's much more to this pack than what we've seen so far.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I hate to be the one being negative, but there have been so many great Gameplay suggestions here and now they already leaked 5 screenshots + 1 render of the new pack and they show hardly any new gameplay.

Let's break it down:
    - there's a new animation for the wedding couple to walk over that kind of new rug (aisle). This is new gameplay and I love it.
    - there's one apparently new dance move (the one from the woman in the left ist already in the game). No dancing face to face or couple dancing shown. Totally unimpressed by this tiny bit of gameplay.
    - there seems to be an interaction to throw rice. Like that, though the throwing interaction is recycled from the throwing petals one so it only half counts as new (City Living)
    - there seems to be a new stall with a new animation to pick a wedding bouquet, but I cannot see that bouquet used anywhere during the ceremony. Sad about that.

What else is there instead of gameplay:
    - a new world (I already said this would mean less gameplay, I guess it's a decent strategy to lure more people into buying the pack)
    - a cake stand without new animations (yet another food stand)
    - new recipes without a fix for the food menu lag
    - a simple remesh of the banquet table and punch fountain from Luxury Party/City Living
    - Sims mostly sitting down and watching and reacting to the ceremony; this is merely a bug fix, as it has been in the code since launch and just hasn't been working for ages
    - the same old make toast interaction as everyday, not even champaign anywhere
    - a child is making the bubbles that came with City Living

And that's it. The rest of it is pure CAS and build items thrown at us as if we weren't covered in kits from head to toe.

The feature description leaves some hope for more gameplay features at least, though most of it seems like giving partys/events we can totally already throw a new name.

Hopefully there's much more to this pack than what we've seen so far.

Thanks for posting this! My thoughts exactly and this saves me from having to type everything out.

When I saw the females dancing near the bar and never saw couples slow dancing, I immediately knew that more romance was not taken into consideration with this pack.

Can't say that I'm overly surprised or disappointed though because I already know the way the devs do things in TS4 and they are going to take the easiest and least effort required route. And if they are going to create a "wedding pack" then that's the only thing they focus on ..... the event. It's the easiest thing to implement .... CAS/BB and a new world to visually pull people in and then just tweak existing systems with new names and goals/tasks and call it new. We've seen this happen many, many times.

• ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    The world, the little we can see of it, gives too much a vibe of Sulani. And the name Tortosa sounds Caribbean. Not a type of world I am interested in. I would like a world to honeymoon in like Greece or Italy, or the French Riviera
    Ziafar wrote: »
    The world, the little we can see of it, gives too much a vibe of Sulani. And the name Tortosa sounds Caribbean. Not a type of world I am interested in. I would like a world to honeymoon in like Greece or Italy, or the French Riviera

From what I saw there are bigger waves. Sulani doesn't hardly have any waves.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @catloverplayer You are quite right! But then it is not a Mediterranean world. There are no big waves on the Mediterranean sea
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @catloverplayer You are quite right! But then it is not a Mediterranean world. There are no big waves on the Mediterranean sea

I've heard it's a Greek World. Hopefully we ll know Tuesday.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Could be Portugal or Spain. Portugal has bigger waves I think.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I did some googling with the word Tartosa. It seems to be based on old gothic Cathredals/Castles from history. Also, Tartosa is very close to the actual place in real life, Tortosa which in fact is somewhere around Turkey.