Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resurrect Katie Seymour, or Resurrect My Save [Final Update pg 2]

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
Backstory

I just had a situation while playing at University and I'm trying to make up my mind on what to do.
09-16-21_8-59-25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Katie Seymour is one of my dormies that I have grown to like, but she recently passed away in the school's science lab.
09-16-21_9-02-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My school of the arts minded sims are particularly knowledge focused and had a science day to expand their knowledge.
This room is hardly ever used at my Britechester dorm, so this event gets it some use.
09-16-21_10-42-41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Katie was shocked to death while dabbling in robotics.
09-16-21_11-07-57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_11-08-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Zane Pleaded for her life.
09-16-21_11-10-12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

He failed.
09-16-21_11-11-06_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

He took her remains and put them in his inventory.
09-16-21_11-13-07_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Zane is a going to be a writer, so this is a perfect set up for him.
I like this idea of Zane writing The Book of Life quest, that he will probably achieve some time after Uni, but I have never resurrected a sim before.
I would hate for something to go wrong and waste time and also lose Katie. I was lucky to save before this happened, so I can easily avoid her death. But this is also unexpected game play and could be an interesting change of direction.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by CK213 on

Resurrect Katie Seymour, or Resurrect My Save [Final Update pg 2] 66 votes

Reload the game to keep her, not worth it.
4%
spice3AstroZoeyevester 3 votes
Are you kidding? That's emergent game play. Bring her back from the dead even it takes some time.
81%
Akl500PcrocobauraBluegayleCK213brackencat31GalacticGalLaBlue0314bandit5SablesashaStrangerthanMariefoxprice83alanmichael1MindofyDarkLady2788MiaSkywalkermitchiebanjogreydonnMeela_Pashttaydevfallenangel66 54 votes
Dead is dead. Move on.
13%
JueJuekeekee53simgirl1010stephanie132392TTNsimmerVINNIHplumboy23mightyspriteRySBI 9 votes

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Are you kidding? That's emergent game play. Bring her back from the dead even it takes some time.
    I usually exit without saving when a played sim dies accidentally but I keep the urns of the townies that die on my lots by accident. I downloaded ambrosia for such emergencies. If you ever get tired of writing the book of life you could restore your save.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    But, completely up to you of course. You can also bring her back with a high level spell caster. In case you didn't know...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think the sim was supposed to write the book before sims death so sim could read it and be brought back :sweat_smile:

so yeah it would be pretty much waste of time to try resurrect her in that way after death i think since the book was not written before it

(well unless my memory fails me)

I would perhaps add her to the household as ghost though and keep her around and just continue the save resurrect with cheat or other way later (almost sure there is some scientific approach to it too)

but if she is not in household beware game will cull her as she is ghost never to return
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited September 2021
    Ah, yeah. Simmingal is correct. The book had to be written while she was alive. Your only option is spell caster if you want to resurrect her. Just be sure you have her urn or know where the headstone is.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2021
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Ah, yeah. Simminggal is correct. The book had to be written while she was alive. Your only option is spell caster if you want to resurrect her. Just be sure you have her urn or know where the headstone is.

I am glad I asked. :D
    I think I have just the sim for the job.
    09-16-21_12-42-54_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Makes sense for her too.
    Cassandra has always been interested in the dead in my game.
    I wonder if I can do it before they graduate.

[Ugh]
    Messy. I might have to do some lot juggling here.
    I will Save As in case I goof up.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Dead is dead. Move on.
    I know that is messed up but I like having random tragedies. I installed a mod for that reason. I have loss some sims I love but some survived and that has also been awesome. If you really really like the sim, then reload the save to avoid the death in my opinion. I don't trust this game well enough to try the other rez options.
    The spellcaster resurrection works just fine. I've resurrected several sims, even the ghosts at Von Haunt Estate.
    The spellcaster resurrection works just fine. I've resurrected several sims, even the ghosts at Von Haunt Estate.

My best alternative I guess, if I try for resurrecting her.
    Perhaps I should have Cassandra transfer the gravestone to the Goth home until I can deal with it?
    edited September 2021
    CK213 wrote: »

My best alternative I guess, if I try for resurrecting her.
    Perhaps I should have Cassandra transfer the gravestone to the Goth home until I can deal with it?

Personnaly, I'd keep it in Cassandra's inventory where it will become an urn until she's ready to set it on the ground to become a headstone again and cast the spells. Keeps ghosts from tearing up the house lol. Then after Cass learns necrocall and dedeathify she can fully resurrect Katie.

After that, Cass can have all kinds of fun on ghost night at the bar :D
    edited September 2021
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I know that is messed up but I like having random tragedies. I installed a mod for that reason. I have loss some sims I love but some survived and that has also been awesome. If you really really like the sim, then reload the save to avoid the death in my opinion. I don't trust this game well enough to try the other rez options.
    It's pretty tragic around the dorm now.09-16-21_1-22-08_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But all three options are still on the table.
    That is if I don't feel like pursuing it down the line. Cassandra has the corpse.
    09-16-21_1-11-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_1-11-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Personnaly, I'd keep it in Cassandra's inventory where it will become an urn until she's ready to set it on the ground to become a headstone again and cast the spells. Keeps ghosts from tearing up the house lol. Then after Cass learns necrocall and dedeathify she can fully resurrect Katie.

That looks like the plan, unless something else crazy happens.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Dead is dead. Move on.
    I think you should use the narrative gold that your game has just handed you.
    A Dark Academic dorm in which someone just died while taking part in university classes...

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've always brought back a fave sim if they accidently giggled to death or some silly death. When you love playing your sim it's important to care about them to bring them back again & again.
  • Are you kidding? That's emergent game play. Bring her back from the dead even it takes some time.
    The game just wrote the first chapter of an incredible story for you. It's up to you to finish it, so get to it!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    if u bring her back the story would be amazing
    edited September 2021
    I think you should use the narrative gold that your game has just handed you.
    A Dark Academic dorm in which someone just died while taking part in university classes...

I actually like that.
    But I also liked Katie. Part of what I am doing is making over dormies that will be added to the various towns and cities after my sims graduate.
    I am going to create a master save file with custom lore. Which is part of my dilemma. I wanted Katie to live in one of the worlds.

But seeing as the science and technology gathering is so deadly, another unfortunate incident could occur. >:)
    Katie's replacement has already arrived, and since she is currently so distracted from drama with her boyfriend, well someone so emotionally compromised is bound to have an accident.
    09-16-21_2-51-24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    09-16-21_2-51-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_2-51-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Well hopefully she lives, because she's so cute!
    Who wouldn't want to save her? Okay maybe someone else in the club. :D
    09-16-21_2-52-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I could have the narrative gold of two deaths and have Katie back.
    Oh, that reminds me is that this dorm's history should stick. I meant to put pictures on the walls of past students.
    I could have a memorial for students who passed away. And the Dark Academia club is supposed to be passed on to new leadership and members.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Dead is dead. Move on.
    it's gonna be awesome either way @CK213 :) please post updates!
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Dead is dead. Move on.
    You can bring a Sim back with the Book of life if he is dead before it is written hence my responce. Of course I resurrect sims all the time. It s up to you really and your story.
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    You can bring a Sim back with the Book of life if he is dead before it is written hence my responce. Of course I resurrect sims all the time. It s up to you really and your story.

Unless you're modded for that, don't you mean ""You can't bring a Sim back to life..."
    From what other have said, The Sims Wikki, and what I have tested for myself to make sure if it can or can't be done, someone who is already dead does not show up as a candidate for writing an Epic Saga.

Screenshot_2021-09-17_at_16-29-27_Book_of_Life.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    it's gonna be awesome either way @CK213 :) please post updates!

It's turning out to be one of those fun little detours like I would get in TS2 and TS3. :)
    I will post how it turned out soon.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    You should follow through on the story, see where it goes.

Also, are you sims and dorms on the gallery?
    edited September 2021
    You should follow through on the story, see where it goes.

Also, are you sims and dorms on the gallery?
    @viola-illyria

Yes, Ubrite Grindlewald dorm has been uploaded to the gallery.
    This link will take you to my simming moments thread here on the Sims 4 site where you can see more details and a link.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17328113/#Comment_17328113
    11-26-19_7-37-08nbspPM.png
    It is shown in Windenburg.

Drake and Wyvern makeovers
    These have similar interior styles to the off-campus dorm.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17332797/#Comment_17332797
    12-01-19_9-10-27nbspPM.png

I like to switch between off campus and on campus locations just for a change of pace.
    12-01-19_9-06-12nbspPM.png

I have Zane and Meadow/ Old uploads that might need to be tweaked to your liking.
    I don't have the made-over dormies, but I guess I should at least save them to my library for now.
    00.jpg
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/39A8BCA31B1711E4841399E1FC96BF72?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=CK213&max=50&maxis=false

00.jpg
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FC595D00285111E782543423E325F46A
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I can't tell you how many times I have restarted just to save a key Sim in my game. Erik Cantrell has died more times than he has 'lived', if you will. LOL I would keep the save you're in now, and use it as an alternative story. Then do a Save As on the save to pick up before your Sim electrifies herself. That way, if the alternate play doesn't work out, you can go to the 'saved' version to pick up from there. I say this, because my first (and as it turned out my second) death by emotion took out my Rock Star's only sister and her husband. This left Erik in charge of his Toddler identical twin nephews. He was sadly failing at the task. The twins refused to eat, they wouldn't sleep. Seemed there was little, if anything, Erik could do to help them. And, his girlfriend during that iteration of his life was totally useless. (She would have made a perfect candidate for the High Maintenance Trait.) Once it seemed entirely likely that Social Services would swoop in and take the twins, I decided I had to roll back a save or two until the twins were first born. Phew, dodged that phaser blast. All this to say I was very unhappy at the loss of Brianna and Spock. So unhappy, that the thought of losing their only children made the game not fun to play.

Best of luck whatever decision you make. Do what makes you happy. This is a game, it is supposed to be fun. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited September 2021
    87_Decision.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I've finally cast my own vote based on all of your responses.
    You saved me from wasting my time on an epic, but pointless, quest and gave me a new one.
    Thank you all for participating and anyone arriving past this point, feel free to still vote.
    Particular alerts to: @EA_Mari @ACruelButLovingGod @mightysprite @viola-illyria and @totasims who I feel might want to see how this all played out.

I'm in the process of compiling my game play for my simming moments thread. It's more like Let's Play, then make a story out of it.
    This is actually the condensed version as it covers more than this little adventure sparked by Katie Seymour.

Although Zane felt responsible for the passing of Katie, for he organized this gathering, he surrendered the quest to Cassandra Goth, who was the best choice to resurrect Katie Seymour. He couldn't be much help, but he did intend to write The Book of Life as a long term goal to protect others before they need it.
    09-16-21_1-11-04_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

To succeed, Cassandra would have to gain mastery over her magic.
    She practiced in the sealed magic chamber in the dorm's attic. Unfortunately she could not experiment with potions there.
    09-15-21_1-03-47_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But she knew of a place.
    A place she discovered in her home town, where she first became interested in magical things.
    09-15-21_1-07-36_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Sylvan Glade.
    09-15-21_1-13-47_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And it led to places even more magical.
    09-15-21_1-18-28_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The Magic Realm.
    09-17-21_10-01-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

A place where she could learn much more.
    Although the library and the Sages aren't helping her advance as fast as she would like.
    09-15-21_1-20-16_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She needed trial by fire. That was to be done by challenging others for knowledge.
    Specifically, the family members from the House of Purcell and Cross.
    09-17-21_10-08-53_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The best way to get their friendship and respect is to challenge them to duels, however painful that may be.
    09-17-21_10-09-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The respect did not come from actually beating them.
    09-17-21_11-26-44_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It is more the fact that you were brave enough to try.
    09-17-21_11-27-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-17-21_11-27-47_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Once they accepted you, you had access to their library of Spell Tomes.
    09-17-21_11-29-25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

None of this hoping that the book you needed would magically appear,
    she had ready access to the spell tome for Necrocall.
    09-17-21_11-34-01_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

There were other dangers on this journey.
    Dangers like being doubly cursed with no cure on hand.
    09-17-21_11-57-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Her roommate was afraid for her. And also afraid of her.
    09-17-21_12-38-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

However, Cassandra persevered and eventually gained the Mastery Level.
    She reveled as she read the tome for the Dedeathify spell.
    09-17-21_10-33-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Her term at Britechester University complete, Cassandra moved back into her parent's home.
    Now is the time to course correct an unfortunate accident.
    09-17-21_10-41-33_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

First she must use the Necrocall spell on Katie, to call her soul from the realm of the dead.
    09-17-21_10-56-54_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then hit her with Dedeathify, to recreate her Earthly body.
    09-17-21_10-57-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Katie, however, is not in the mood to cooperate.
    09-17-21_10-58-07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She storms into the Goth home, enraged.
    09-17-21_10-58-35_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She makes her way to the library.
    09-17-21_10-59-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Mortimer and Bella happen to be here.
    Being in normal surroundings seems to give her pause.
    09-17-21_11-00-12_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cassandra is able to speak with her now.
    "Katie, do you know who I am?"
    09-17-21_11-01-23_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Katie calms down.
    "Cassandra?"
    09-17-21_11-02-02_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Dedeathify!"
    09-17-21_11-02-28_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"What's going on? How did I get here?"
    09-17-21_11-02-53_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cassandra explains all that happened to her.
    Mortimer shoots off confetti because he happens to have some on hand for the holiday.
    Now is as good a time as ever to celebrate.
    09-17-21_11-15-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"It's strange that I don't remember any of it.
    I do remember that tremendous jolt at the robotics bench, but after that, nothing."
    09-17-21_11-30-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Perhaps it was the shock. You crossed over not actually being yourself."
    09-17-21_11-30-59_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"All that matters is that you're back, with us."
    09-17-21_11-31-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Katie will stay with the Goths until the next term starts for Britechester.
    09-17-21_11-45-26_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    edited September 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I usually exit without saving when a played sim dies accidentally but I keep the urns of the townies that die on my lots by accident. I downloaded ambrosia for such emergencies. If you ever get tired of writing the book of life you could restore your save.

I haven't had to deal with death much in my game and haven't really thought about all the ways to die and the ways to avoid it.
    I think I will familiarize myself with all this and decide how each one of my sims might deal with it.
    https://youtu.be/paf3UlXSNJA

It's funny that Cassandra is an anti-reaper now.
    I wonder if I should have her run a business centered around cheating death and resurrection services.
    She can sell all ingredients for Ambrosia and also sell it already made. If there is a sim that I really don't want to die, I can have a household member contact Cassandra, invite her over and then switch control to Cassandra. And then find whatever way to exchange simoleons for the service. Cassandra wants to be paid.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited September 2021
    @CK213 That's a great story, and a very creative way to use Cassandra's new powers.

I haven't bought Realm of Magic yet, but your story has intrigued me.

There are times when I think playing a Spellcaster Sim would be fun, but I've been wary of having wizards flying through my Simworld, randomly casting spells, simply because I've added RoM to my game. I read somewhere that unplayed Spellcasters only do their thing in Glimmerbrook. Does that mean they also don't fly on their brooms when they travel to other worlds?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!