October 15th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Which seasons-related expansion pack do you like to play most?

Which seasons-related expansion pack do you like to play most? 36 votes

The Sims 2 Seasons
8%
waterywatermelonEnkiSchmidtOldeseadogge 3 votes
The Sims 3 Seasons
30%
Stdlr9rudy8292Isb917zagboorulesbenson2006texxx78BreazonaChicklet453681BrandontaylorSERVERFRAVsophennessy 11 votes
The Sims 4 Seasons
61%
PlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CCaitxcathaneulAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010barracuda1574duhboy2u2AngelEb95KyreRoenStrawberryYogurtcomicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishSeashoreLiviaGeralt_ofRiviaxDKxShadowHawkSallycutecatLulu29Peppers 22 votes

Comments

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 413 Member
    The Sims 2 Seasons
    Gee... this is hard one for me, because I like all of them.

But I'll choose The Sims 2 Seasons, because I like how the seasons/weather are well integrated into gardening.
    But then, The Sims 3 Seasons has seasonal festivals and holidays, and The Sims 4 has the holiday and calendar system in which you can make custom holidays like Chinese New Year.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 23 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I'm loving the calendar system in TS4!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 3,463 Member
    The Sims 2 Seasons
    TS2 version, primarily for;
    We can control which worlds get which seasons
    Snowfall actually has depth to it
    Sims automatically change into/out of outdoor attire at the doorway when leaving/entering a home. Unplayed ones are by default in outdoor attire when the weather warrants it. The winter simacide so prevalent in 4 does not happen.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 4,560 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    Sims 3 Seasons actually had Seasonal Fun Festivals like the Apple Bobbing Contest, Hey Rides, Igoloos,
    Ice Skating on a frozen pond, Ice Fishing, Kissing Booths, etc, etc.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 1,688 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I never played TS3, so I can't judge that game's Seasons EP, but I like the way seasons were handled in 4, with customisable lenghts and holidays, individual climates for different worlds, and of course the calendar feature. The one thing that would have made the pack even better for me is an eternal winter world, or the ability to create our own by editing the climates of individual worlds and/or neighbourhoods, as it was possible in 2.

Something else I miss from TS2 Seasons is the way the seasons directly affected sims. If I remember correctly, they would build skills faster in autumn, whereas winter, spring, and summer boosted family, romantic, and platonic relationships, respectively. Other than that, however, I don't remember anything special about that expansion that I want back.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 744 Member
    edited September 14
    Can't chose between caramel and chocolate lol!

Every seasons packs has something I love about them; be it the different boosts to different activities in the 2, the festivals and that one recreation day/season in TS3, or the calendar and the possibility to create an event in TS4, as well as their canon celebration days.

So all three :)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,352 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    The Sims 3 seasons. Imo still the superior one.

Sure, Sims 4 has the calendar holidays etc, but when it comes to the realism of the weather (weather changes, seasonal changes, weather effects etc.) Sims 3's version is for sure also still superior.

I love the Seasons EP's, but I think also with the Sims 4 version they failed to deliver when it comes to weather.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,456 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    The calendar is a great idea.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 148 Member
    I can't choose because I love them all! I like the controls in Sims 2 with the seasons as I played rotationally and wanted the same season throughout my rotation. As time didn't change for families I wasn't playing, I could rotate them all, enjoy the current season and holidays for each. With Sims 3 I mainly played one family but enjoyed the seasons, holidays and especially the festivals for each season with my Sims. If I rotated families I kept story progression off and played each through a year. In Sims 4 I love the ability to make my own holidays on the calendar and the changes in the world with each season. I like that gardening is affected by seasons as well.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 642 Member
    edited September 17
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    Gotta say sims 4 since the Holiday feature and calender has added so much to my game!

Also love the addition of the gardener career with a branch being florist as well as the skill of flower arranging.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 76 Member
    Seasons in TS3 made my game buggy on my old computer, so I frequently had to turn it off. I did love the festivals, though. I also liked being able to customize the length of each season, individually. With TS4, I like that each world has very well defined weather patterns. No need to turn off snow if you’re playing in Sulani. And, I do like the holidays and calendar.
    Dream Wild Moon Child
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 3,731 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    Just because it’s the only one I’ve played.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 200 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I can only compare 2 and 4 and out of them I prefer 4. The weather being unique to each world, the ability to customise the weather and to turn temperature effects on Sims off. Being able to make my own holidays, plan events and delete the ones I don't want to do.