Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bars and Cafes after the patch don't work quite as nice as before

So they said they fixed in the latest patch the issue with the bars and cafes where no one was either not entering the bar/cafe or not ordering anything. But they also seem to have tuned down the amount of coffee, drinks and food that the sims consume. This is a bar in my game after the patch. Sims do occasionally order and get drinks but it's like they're trying not to overwork the poor bartender. Does anyone else experience the same behavior in their game? Cafes were really nice and lively venues, now sims just sit and chat and not much else. :(

[img][/img]BukXXzT.png

[img][/img]cRiRLPw.png

[img][/img]avSrGUf.png

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't see a problem?

Now, admittedly, I am pushing my luck playing on this old laptop, but too big a crowd and I cannot do anything. And too many bar patrons will mean I can't get a drink for my own sims, or have them interact with each other because Joe Townie has to have a word or five, and the bartender is too busy.

The screen caps here look about ideal to me. People using the seating. Space at the bar. I can play foosball if I want. And I am pretty sure I won't lag to the point of having a bladder accident before my sim can route to a bathroom.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I don't see a problem?

Now, admittedly, I am pushing my luck playing on this old laptop, but too big a crowd and I cannot do anything. And too many bar patrons will mean I can't get a drink for my own sims, or have them interact with each other because Joe Townie has to have a word or five, and the bartender is too busy.

The screen caps here look about ideal to me. People using the seating. Space at the bar. I can play foosball if I want. And I am pretty sure I won't lag to the point of having a bladder accident before my sim can route to a bathroom.

It's not how big a crowd it is but rather what they are doing. Sims used to drink a lot more, at least in my game. Now they behave more like in a lounge and those were always rather quiet places in my game, more laid back, more talking and less drinking. I want my party animals back.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have to admit I was enjoying being able to order at the cafe without a stack of other sims arriving and overpowering the barista. And them not eating/drinking like pigs.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I have to admit I was enjoying being able to order at the cafe without a stack of other sims arriving and overpowering the barista. And them not eating/drinking like pigs.

Yes, I understand what you say, but it doesn't look like a bar/cafe anymore when sims just stand around and talk. Most places in real life would boot you out if you occupy a table and don't order anything.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think they used to be a bit over the top before, especially cafés. Looking forward to test them now!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I have not sent my sim to a cafe recently, but I do remember being annoyed that it was difficult for my sim to actually order anything and the barista machine becoming dirty from over use. This may be a good thing.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Really, they don't behave much different from when the bars and cafes were broken. They order but very rarely and then take two sips and the drink is gone. This is how the cafes looked when they were broken, no one ordered anything, sometimes because there was no NPC. Now there's an NPC and they very rarely order anything. It just doesn't look right in a full cafe to have just one or two drinks on the tables.

MUJBg9F.png

gNoaaeg.png
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I stepped away for a second when my Sim was at a bar and either she automatically ordered a round of drinks for some random townies, or a random townies ordered a round of drinks including one for my sim. I had never seen either of those possibilities occur before that latest patch.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Sorry you're having issues with the service but that's a really cute cafe. Did you build it?
  • Options
    Sorry you're having issues with the service but that's a really cute cafe. Did you build it?

It's one of the houses that came with CoL, I turned it into a cafe by removing some interior walls, enlarging some spaces, etc.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    Not really sure
    I was playing with Scott lady

so i had her make some drinks in gnome's arms
    (she is kicked out of the role but i lure the bartender out and have her tend)

no one really asked for drinks but once I made some and she put them down customers would just grab them for themselves
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I don't have a screenshot for proof, but when I sent my sim to a cafe a few RL days ago, the barista was mobbed. I didn't notice anything different at all, my sim never did get to order a drink because she never had the opportunity! Bars are better, the bartender isn't mobbed, but other sims most definitely are ordering and drinking their drinks. This is curious to me. Was this intentional? If so, it isn't working in my game.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Sims are ordering drinks as usual in my game bars, I haven't noticed at cafes because I never go there anymore since they used to always mob the barista and I never got my food or drink but always got charged. I will have to try the cafe again next time I am in game and see what is happening with it.
  • Options

@simgirl1010 I added the cafe to the gallery, if you want to check it out.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/25968E03140311EC89A2047BDC94C7FE?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=crocobaura&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Thanks! I'm in game now so I'll go take a look. ☺️
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited September 2021
    I am sorry that your bars and cafes are not working well. The update has fixed the issue in my game. The bars are full of sims ordering, and the bartender is filling drink orders left and right. The cafes are not as crowded as the bars, but sims order food and drinks. Food is ordered more than drinks. They do sit down and finish quickly. They stay and chat. The only weird that that has happened is a child showed up at a cafe after midnight. No parents in tow that I could find. My sim was a minor celebrity. The child was a fan, and hung out with my sim. I didn't think that was appropriate. The child should be home in bed. But I wasn't going to report it unless it continued to be an issue.