Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Sept ’21 Spa Day Refresh Patch

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    More Ways to Track What You Use!
    SimsVIP Mod Status (run by the wonderful @ScarletQueenKat)
    - use the sheet on the web page
    - use the linked Google Sheet
    - join the linked Discord server as another way to submit reports
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    @83bienchen Wanted to let you know that I was getting LEs that were possibly connected to your gardeningfix mod. I have included all three LE types in one folder here to give you the most information. The only thing I've seen in-game to corroborate the LEs is one of my sims T posing briefly before an LE while fertilizing...which I believe is the LE I'm sending. Just wanted to let you know.

Hi,
    so you didn't test without my mod yet?

This might very well be a game issue (there are currently quite a few inventory erros and bugs (e.g. the transfer of harvest and plants into your household inventory when you travel). I did not get that LE myself yet even though I'm constantly playing with the mod myself. My Sims are also not T posing before they fertilize.
    From what I read in your LE, the game cannot read the temporary hidden inventory transfer liability of a certain object because that object has no "get_inventory" attribute. My mod does not change EAs hidden_inventory_test tuning, that whole part of the tuning is included in my package, but remains the same as the vanilla (EA) tuning. So if you are getting an LE linked to a special object in your inventory that lacks the information the python code (not included in my mod) is looking for, you should be getting the same LE without my mod, except for (obviously) the mention of my mod as the possible cause.
    If you are only getting this LE in some households, it's likely you got some corrupted object(s) in the inventory of the Sim who wants to fertilize. The game is unable to check whether the object fulfills the requirement of being used as fertilizer and therefore you get the T pose.
    Vanilla inventory issues I've been running into myself are mainly with water scooter objects, flowers that were left lying around be the Flower Bunny and sometimes objects that were gifted to your Sim by another Sim.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2021
    @amethystlilac : Thanks for the heads up on Midnitetech's careers. I'll keep an eye on the ones I've used in the past. :)

(Speaking of Midnitetech, best wishes to her. :heart: )
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @83bienchen Wanted to let you know that I was getting LEs that were possibly connected to your gardeningfix mod. I have included all three LE types in one folder here to give you the most information. The only thing I've seen in-game to corroborate the LEs is one of my sims T posing briefly before an LE while fertilizing...which I believe is the LE I'm sending. Just wanted to let you know.

Hi,
    so you didn't test without my mod yet?

This might very well be a game issue (there are currently quite a few inventory erros and bugs (e.g. the transfer of harvest and plants into your household inventory when you travel). I did not get that LE myself yet even though I'm constantly playing with the mod myself. My Sims are also not T posing before they fertilize.
    From what I read in your LE, the game cannot read the temporary hidden inventory transfer liability of a certain object because that object has no "get_inventory" attribute. My mod does not change EAs hidden_inventory_test tuning, that whole part of the tuning is included in my package, but remains the same as the vanilla (EA) tuning. So if you are getting an LE linked to a special object in your inventory that lacks the information the python code (not included in my mod) is looking for, you should be getting the same LE without my mod, except for (obviously) the mention of my mod as the possible cause.
    If you are only getting this LE in some households, it's likely you got some corrupted object(s) in the inventory of the Sim who wants to fertilize. The game is unable to check whether the object fulfills the requirement of being used as fertilizer and therefore you get the T pose.
    Vanilla inventory issues I've been running into myself are mainly with water scooter objects, flowers that were left lying around be the Flower Bunny and sometimes objects that were gifted to your Sim by another Sim.

I tested right after, and it happened yet again, linked to object_liabilities.py - which I'm clueless on. I do believe the object that triggered it for fertilize was the Super Fertilizer that you sometimes get with the insect farms. Sorry, meant to say that I was going to test your mod in my original post. I blame overwhelming fatigue from babysitting!
  • DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    I know it's safe, but Google Drive, Chrome, and Windows Defender all complain about downloading and running the S4S installer.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    I know it's safe, but Google Drive, Chrome, and Windows Defender all complain about downloading and running the S4S installer.

They always do. That's because S4S when first released doesn't have the "valid digital signature" and since it's an executable, it can infect your computer if it wasn't what we know it is.

I was able to download it yesterday and all my "virus" indicators said it was ok, so for a change I didn't have to fight with it to get it installed. So even thought it doesn't have the "valid digital signature", it had been around enough that Chrome, Google Drive, Norton and Windows Defender had decided it was ok.
    Mod Updates
    Go to School (Zerbu) - reupdate
  • briesimsbriesims Posts: 75 Member
    I just received an LastUIexception and my game closed, what can it be?

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-10-08 18:21:40</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.80.69.1030-1.200.000.529.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel</categoryid><desyncid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/NotifyRemovedParts()
    at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleRemoveSelectedParts()
    at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()
    at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()
    at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/RemoveSelectedParts()
    at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/OnBtnRemoveClick()
    at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleMouseRelease()
    rtim=626621
    Client Session Time: 1527.65

Num Save Errors: 0

Num Load Errors: 0

Current Game State: 0x96d01090

Origin Version: 11,5,34,21025

Modded: True

SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19043 GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 igdumdim64.dll 10.18.10.5161, GUID: D7B78E66-4222-11CF-D06F-6821B4C2C735

</desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-10-08 18:37:11</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.80.69.1030-1.200.000.529.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel</categoryid><desyncid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/NotifyRemovedParts()
    at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleRemoveSelectedParts()
    at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()
    at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/RemoveSelectedParts()
    at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/OnBtnRemoveClick()
    at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleMouseRelease()
    rtim=719702
    Client Session Time: 1527.65

Num Save Errors: 0

Num Load Errors: 0

Current Game State: 0x96d01090

Origin Version: 11,5,34,21025

Modded: True

SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19043 GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 igdumdim64.dll 10.18.10.5161, GUID: D7B78E66-4222-11CF-D06F-6821B4C2C735

</desyncdata></report>
    </root>
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    Try Deaderpool's discord server, they're amazing over there. I believe the first page has a link to all helpful discord servers. They're the best place to have your LE's read, as this isn't really a help thread. @briesims
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I think the werewolf mod is broken.

I'm making a monster world for Halloween month. I downloaded the werewolf mod, and created a couple characters to turn into werewolves. Clicking on the special map gave them a message, and they did get the explore the woods message, but they would not do it, no matter how many times I directed them to. I moved them to another lot, and it still didn' twork.

So I gave up on them, and decided to work on a yeti-type character. The CAS generated a super hairy guy with werewolf fangs, and gave me the option to give him the werewolf trait. Cool! I also went to another lot to make another character with the werewolf trait (that trait was only available to teens, not adults).

But later I discovered that the lots that those guys live in seem broken. I can't log into those lots. (So I've never even played the guys with werewolf trait, because I can't even load those lots.)

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    briesims wrote: »

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-10-08 18:21:40</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.80.69.1030-1.200.000.529.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel</categoryid><desyncid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/NotifyRemovedParts() at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleRemoveSelectedParts() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/RemoveSelectedParts() at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/OnBtnRemoveClick() at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleMouseRelease() rtim=626621 Client Session Time: 1527.65 Num Save Errors: 0 Num Load Errors: 0 Current Game State: 0x96d01090 Origin Version: 11,5,34,21025 Modded: True SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19043 GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 igdumdim64.dll 10.18.10.5161, GUID: D7B78E66-4222-11CF-D06F-6821B4C2C735 </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-10-08 18:37:11</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.80.69.1030-1.200.000.529.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel</categoryid><desyncid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/NotifyRemovedParts() at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleRemoveSelectedParts() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/RemoveSelectedParts() at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/OnBtnRemoveClick() at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleMouseRelease() rtim=719702 Client Session Time: 1527.65 Num Save Errors: 0 Num Load Errors: 0 Current Game State: 0x96d01090 Origin Version: 11,5,34,21025 Modded: True SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19043 GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 igdumdim64.dll 10.18.10.5161, GUID: D7B78E66-4222-11CF-D06F-6821B4C2C735 </desyncdata></report>
    </root>

Do you use TwistedMexi's better exceptions? It will tell you what CC caused it if there is any.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited October 2021
    briesims wrote: »

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-10-08 18:21:40</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.80.69.1030-1.200.000.529.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel</categoryid><desyncid>2e7602a91c8b7d4a616070e1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/NotifyRemovedParts() at

Hey there, looks like you've encountered an issue we know as the "Gallery List" error, this is when the gallery (or notifications from it) throw a lastUIException.txt. This seems to happen when the gallery list is empty.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

While annoying, the error is actually fairly harmless.

How do I Get Rid of It?
    If this error is coming from the gallery, the easiest solution is to delete all notifications using the buttons in the top right-hand side of your screen. This should resolve the issue.

What if it Doesn't?
    If it doesn't, the gallery was probably not the cause of the lastUIException.txt error, as a result, you should make sure that all of your UI mods have been updated and are installed correctly.

Does This Happen a Lot?
    Yes, actually. There's currently a thread on AHQ about this problem, if you've encountered it, it might be a good idea to "me too" the post so the developers know it happened to you too.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Gallery-notification-list-not-showing/m-p/8823622/highlight/false#M125578
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Wren_ShannonWren_Shannon Posts: 5 New Member
    This is a shot in the dark, and not directly related to September's patch, but I do have a question about a broken mod. Does anyone know if brittpinkiesims' mods (specifically the Harry Potter packs) have been updated since Rex updated them 3 years ago? Like I said, shot in the dark, but I figured it can't hurt to ask, right?
    edited October 2021
    @Wren_Shannon Rex updates them as needed. See his Tumblr.
    Everyone, please use the servers listed on p. 1 for support. They can access more info from you than anyone here can.
    @Tammors Whose mod is that? It's not one I recognize. See p. 1 for how to test. It might be old and broken long ago, though?

Mod/CC Updates
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    Tammors wrote: »

Please don't download from that site. They did not create the mods. They are reuploading other people's mods. Often old, broken mods. Like this one.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited October 2021
    helaene's Preferences Plus got an update: https://www.patreon.com/posts/preferencesplus-54470706

"October 8, 2021 Update: version 0.7.5

New Outfit Preferences: Hot Weather, Cold Weather
    New Venue Preferences: Beach, Cafe, Restaurant, Spa
    New Hobby Preferences: Basketball, Boxing, Computer, Napping, Phone, Reading, Running, Soccer, Swimming, TV, Weightlifting
    New Personal Preferences: Morning, Night, Bath, Shower
    Whims for all 'Likes' preferences"

I've been playing with it for a few days now. It fixed the tiny bug I had with the previous version, plus added a lot more options. This has quickly become a 'must have mod' for me!
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    Tammors wrote: »

Yes this mod is broken just like his others that I have used and some of the CC I had
    Here is the link to the site of the creator of this mod
    https://neilsimming.wixsite.com/neildevblog
    He quit modding but maybe another modder is willing to take over his mods
    edited October 2021
    Thanks, @Wyrren! Downloading that one now :D And thanks @amethystlilac and @ZazzyKittyn for clearing that issue up.

Mod/CC Updates
    Mod Updates from adeepindigo
    at https://adeepindigo.tumblr.com/post/664697382259359744/
    • Blogging Hobby and Aspiration
    • Dental Care
    • Education Overhaul
    • Eye Care
    • Healthcare Redux
    • International Relations Career
    • Paranormal Career
    • Platinum Artist Aspiration
    • Simstuber Career
    • Summer Camp
    • University Overhaul
    • Venue Fees and Memberships
    • Youth and Family Activities
    Mod/CC Updates
    Mod/CC Updates
    Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie)
    Autonomous First Kiss! (Polarbearsims)
    Autonomous "Ask to Move In" (Polarbearsims)

Reported Fine by Creator
    • Polarbearsims: Birthday Anytime!, Instant Morning Sickness, Breeding Unlimited!, Global Gender Preference
    Mod Updates
    edited October 2021
    Mod Updates
    CC/Harvestable Updates

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top