Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do when you hate a sim you've created?

2...Next

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    If the Sim that I made appears to be boring, an empty shell without any personality I usually just abandon her/him but I keep the save so I can add another Sim to play with instead. I used to delete the boring ones but nowadays I just leave them in the world and they can continue living their boring life.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited September 2021
    Usually, my Sims are based on other Sims (either gallery or townie) and I typically had a photo of an actual person to use as a reference, either from a stock photography website, Flickr, or an online retailer.

Very few of my "from scratch" Sims have turned out well, and I often delete them later on. Sometimes, I work on them over time to get a better result.

The Sims that are based on real people sometimes have several versions.

Take the Sims based on actress Amber Marshall. I've got four versions. Two are my own attempts (some dating back to when I started playing the game in 2018-2019), one is a Gallery Sim based on her best-known role, Amy Fleming from Heartland. A fourth is technically her sister. The two attempts I personally did are named Amber and Emma (which was a character she played in a TV movie about a year ago) The Gallery Sim I downloaded retains the "Amy Fleming" name in every save (despite usually being aged up to an adult, as opposed to a teen from the original Gallery version); and Nicole (based on a role she played in an awful SyFy channel TV movie; Mutant World) was actually made in CAS using the Gallery Amy's genetics, and in most saves, is usually her older sister when I have Amy aged as a young adult (Nicole is usually an adult in those cases).

I recently overhauled a Sim based on a woman (an actual cowgirl, might I add) I found on Getty Images. Because the watermarks bugged me, I'd often run the photos on Getty Images through a search engine to see where they were used. Turns out, a book author had used her photo to represent a character in one of the books. The old version gained the book character's name and background (traits); while still retaining the clothing.

One time, I did a save without checking "skip if same name" in MCCC's population settings when using Gallery Sims. I ended up, and I'm not kidding, 5 different versions of my Simself with different names, ages, and spouses.

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've actually never created a Sim I didn't love!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I can't honestly say that's ever happened to me. I'm pretty meticulous when creating a Sim, so they always turn out the way I thought they would (especially since behavior in TS4 is so predictable).

Now, there have been ones I've simply become bored with, or viewed them as expendable---when that happens, I simply delete their household
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2021
    With the high gardening skill, I would grow a cowplant and let it eat the sim I hate. The con is that this method requires a really looong time. :(
    Post edited by Rochert on
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    If they aren't part of anyone's family tree I may delete them or move them to other households.

If they have family I either kill them right away (if they annoy me very much) or let them age with the other unplayed background sims in my households. I have set my limit to 150 sims in my households and whenever I approach that number I become murderous and then the sims I don't like will end up dead anyway.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    In this situation I like to either:

- Mark them as unplayed so they basically become townies;

- Change up their story (turn them into an occult / turn into a villain / get them to change jobs etc.)