Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Own Spa Day

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    Yes
    Have it. Love it. Please don't ruin it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    Yep. One of the few GPs I did not organically think of more things it could have used beyond cross play with later packs. Plus it works well every time I have messed with it. It'll probably have new bugs now.

Oh well. Certainly will not turn down new gameplay. I hope they don't remove anything, but all in all I hope we see more refreshes.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Yes
    Maybe - why?

Actually I was debating on a Spa Day giveaway for the 7th birthday so thought I'd test the waters. Looks like it's not happening. 😄
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes
    I have it. Can’t wait for the refresh! I’m looking forward to the new trait, job, aspirations and manicures :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Yes
    I do like it, but am wondering just why this one was chosen to upgrade? It's a great place for my Celebrity to get a Manny-Petty and to relax in the spa followed by a good massage. How else can he unwind? It's particularly hilarious when his fans and the Paparazzi find her there. Wild times. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Yes
    Yep, and the wellness features (yoga and meditation) get a ton of use in my sims' day-to-day lives. Between it and Eco-Lifestyle, my sims live a pretty gooey hipster lifestyle, which would probably make them insufferable to me in the real world :p
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    No
    Not yet, but I'm going to get it after the refresh :)
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    This is one of my favorites as half of my sims yoga. I love watching them when they get to lvl 10, and b/b items are some of my go to when re-decorating a house over some of my cc. :D

When I read Spa Day was getting refreshed, and what they were planning, I got real excited, more excited than the next ep!

I've used this pack since the day it was released.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Own it but it's probably my least used pack along with university. I love the yoga but generally I just don't have my sims relaxing. They are always going through something 🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Yes
    Yes, love it, not sure why this is the refresh and not Dine Out or Outdoor Retreat but I'm not complaining about it.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yes i remember cause my female sim was pregnant so i decied to treat her to a day of pampering since it was triplets it worked for about a minute she did get relaxed but then peed herself and got tense all over again.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Yes
    LiELF wrote: »
    It's not bad, but honestly, I forget it's there. I probably wouldn't notice if it disappeared.

Kinda same here too on that. However...
    I use ALOT of the build stuff all the time. Quite a bit of the clothing too.
    The gameplay, not as much, but I do occasionally.
    It has some really great stuff in it!

If it was gone, I'd certainly miss it! But yeah, sometimes I forget what pack I'm using things from.

@Simmingal Off topic, but yeah I haven't even gone to Batuu world yet. The build items are actually quite cool though. I have dl'ed quite a few "steampunk" builds off the galley that use the "Star wars" build stuff. :)
    Interestingly alot of the stuff works for an "old industrial" theme too.
    The clothing is quite good for a rugged look. Or even a medieval look, ironically.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    I just saw the leaked refresh content and it looks really nice. Have to say I am happy with it, and these refreshes look like they will be a really nice things for people that have already purchased the packs as well as new reasons to purchase.

New trait, new aspiration, new careers, nails, and kids can participate now? It's pretty lovely stuff to get. I'll accept new bugs for this. I've actually wanted something akin to the high maintenance trait for a while. My only question is if kids actually get to have the wellness skill or just participate.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Yes
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I just saw the leaked refresh content and it looks really nice. Have to say I am happy with it, and these refreshes look like they will be a really nice things for people that have already purchased the packs as well as new reasons to purchase.

New trait, new aspiration, new careers, nails, and kids can participate now? It's pretty lovely stuff to get. I've actually wanted something akin to the high maintenance trait for a while. My only question is if kids actually get to have the wellness skill or just participate.

Ah. That's interesting. Not "stuff", but rather gameplay. Aspirations and careers, traits maybe? That actually sounds pretty cool.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes
    Yes I use the items often in my builds for all of the Sims who for example has room for a Sauna, and I sned my Sims to the Spa
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    My Sims use the meditation stools quite a bit.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    Maybe - why?

Actually I was debating on a Spa Day giveaway for the 7th birthday so thought I'd test the waters. Looks like it's not happening. 😄

I thought it was an interesting poll regardless of the giveaway potential.

Let's think about it from EA's standpoint, the point of updating a pack is to hopefully get people who haven't purchased it to buy. So how many have it already?

That being said, these forums may give skewed results as us forum users are definitely more hard core simmers compared to the casual players. I don't mean that in an offensive way, just that you have to keep in mind that the forums are a very small percentage of active simmers.

I'd be curious to see how different your results would be on twitter.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    No
    No, nothing in it that grabs my attention.
    The cake is a lie
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes
    Spa Day is one of my favorite packs so I hope they don't make so many changes their efforts bring about any problems with it. I love the yoga skill, the wellness skill and the weekly trips my Sims enjoy taking to one of the spas in my game. I have built as many spas as I've built restaurants for my Sims, so I would sure be upset if I were to lose the ability to use those, or be forced to make adjustments before using them again. The changes they're making look interesting, and I hope the refresh goes smoothly as Spa Day is one pack I have never had any problems with at all.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Yes
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I wasn't originally mega interested but I bought it when I got multiple gps 50% off couple years ago and ive used it a lot tbh

only gp I still haven't bought is batuu

maybe I'll even get that eventually though cause i do think it has some items i might use for random fun

but im just not all that into star wars to really know what to do with that pack sooo :sweat_smile: pretty low priority

Batuu works great as an amusement park for sims with Star Wars as a hobby/interest. And it has great industrial looking BB items.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Yes
    @Zeldaboy180 I agree. I remember a previous giveaway where I only had a few entries. If it's not a new pack most Sims 4 forum users already have it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Yes
    In TS3 I always wanted Yoga to come back so I was very happy when this pack came out for TS4. I use the yoga mat, bath soak (at home), and incense burners more often than my sims actually visit a spa.

As for the upcoming Spa Day update: I'm interested to see all of the nail polish options and how it works. It could replace my need for CC polish. Also nice to see we will be getting another yoga mat.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    No
    It's funny, I don't really have too many issues with the general lack of religion in Sims, but something about the yoga and meditation makes me too lonely for Christian and Jewish prayer postures. I know, I get it, most practitioners of yoga and meditation in the West aren't religious about it, and these practices have diverged a long way from their Hindu and Buddhist origins. But still, I don't know if I would get this pack if there weren't a way to allow my sims to pray in diverse ways.

• MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    All of my Sims own a yoga mat and a meditation stool. They practice yoga or meditate for one hour before they tend their garden, have breakfast, and leave for work or school. The yoga mat counts as a piece of gym equipment for the Bodybuilder aspiration which is nice because it's small and portable. Almost all of my Sims develop a "Like" for Fitness and/or Wellness.

I have several gyms in my game that my Sims use on a regular basis. Each gym has a wellness area that has items for a yoga instructor and massages. Each gym also has sparring equipment that came with the StrangerVille pack. The yoga area and the sauna are always popular. I frequently see Caleb getting a back massage after he's worked out.

All of my Sims own an aquarium to store Angel Fish in case they need them for Ambrosia. Herbal baths have been very useful as well.

Spa Day is definitely part of my Sims' everyday lives. I didn't know it was getting a refresh. I hope they don't nerf anything.