Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me with a buying dilemma I’ve decided please close

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
I’m still unable to build my own bundle with cottage living
But I want the bonus content
So should I cave and buy it and wait for the next sale to buy the other packs I want
or wait till tomorrow to see if I can build my own bundle & miss out on the bonus content ?
Also can anyone tell me when the next sale is please

Thank you and happy simming
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Why do you want the bonus content? The gnome is just a statue, I find them annoying and usually delete them no matter how cute they are. The tree is pretty but you can achieve a similar look with a tree and ceiling lights. The bike is cute and useful, but we got bikes in other packs, Discover University and Eco Lifestyle, so if you already got those packs you don't really need the bonus bike. So, you need to ask yourself why you want the bonus pack and depending on that, decide if it's more important to have bonus pack or the bundle.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I was in the same boat, not interested in the gnome, but the tree and the bike. Decided to wait for bundling to become available.

A 50 euro/dollar bundle means you buy Cottage living and an SP at full price each and get a GP of your choice for free.

Buying today means you buy Cottage Living at the full price of 40 euro/dollar and get a bike, a tree and a gnome for free.

(Yes, technically with a bundle you buy all three cheaper, and don't get anything "free", but the "basically this boils down to a free GP" approach might help comparing the deals a bit better.)
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Have you checked other sites or stores? I would have waited for a sale on origin as well, but shortly after release I found it selling for about 23 percent less (CDN) at Best Buy. Not quite the same discount when bundling, but I figured it was good enough as it was a pack I really wanted to get.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@SamadamsPlayer If you want the bonus content, I say go for it. I personally like the "cute" bicycle. However, otherwise, just wait for a better deal.
    I was metaphorically "on-the-fence" for this also. But after I got home after spending $300 on groceries, I'm like, "I'm getting it".
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I always prefer to opt for sales. I've never seen any bonus content that made me want to pay more just to have it. Or any non-bonus content, for that matter. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I totally forgot about the tree. I don't use the gnome. The bike is cute.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    there is a tree that looks almost exactly like the bonus tree in debug btw (same lights, just no gnome door) but I dont know which pack it belongs to (it might be CoL but not sure, they tag the live edit objects weirdly sometimes).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Lucy_SimsLucy_Sims Posts: 15 Member
    I want the bonus content personally, but they aren't worth it. I am waiting for it to go on sale.
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I decided to wait to see if I can bundle