Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Peppers wrote: »
    I find it annoying that when I am looking for certain social interactions for my sim that are friendly, I often have to click through 5-6 pages of possible interactions before finding the one I want. I wish interactions were filtered by more than just friendly, romantic and mean.
    Another thing related to this issue are the retail interactions. Why, when I click on a customer, is the retail option not on the first page most of the times? Often you have to click friendly>retail then choose the interaction. Its just too much clicking.

OMG YES! This is the game of clicking a million darn things to make one simple interaction happen!

I finally had to start pausing the game so I could read through the interaction menu choices, I got tired of the target sim walking off before I could find "Get To Know" or "Kiss Cheek". lol
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    That you can't negotiate for a bonus in the actor career. I can kinda understand why that wouldn't be a thing in other gig based professions, but because of the "having an agency" thing, I feel like it makes sense there--you'd negotiate with your agency! And it's such a bummer since actor sims usually max their charisma, but then can't make use of that feature at all. It's a small thing, but still annoys me lol.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    The "Hydra-NO!" moodlets. Sorry game but my sims will NOT be afraid of swimming pools.
    The cake is a lie
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    i think the most trivial thing that bothers me at times is the constantly having to cancel the "Cook..." or "Have Quick Meal" actions. It's especially annoying when I JUST set my Sim to go cook something and that action gets put first for some reason :confused:
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    When sims sit on a random bed that’s not theirs to eat or do homework
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The message that you get when taking a screenshot. Yes, I know I took a screenshot, I don't need a notification about it. A sound would have been enough.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Peppers wrote: »
    I find it annoying that when I am looking for certain social interactions for my sim that are friendly, I often have to click through 5-6 pages of possible interactions before finding the one I want. I wish interactions were filtered by more than just friendly, romantic and mean.
    Another thing related to this issue are the retail interactions. Why, when I click on a customer, is the retail option not on the first page most of the times? Often you have to click friendly>retail then choose the interaction. Its just too much clicking.

Yes, and what gets me is when your looking and everything is in the same place, but suddenly its somewhere else and you click on something you didn't want. Your trying to be friendly but click on something bad.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Why in the bloody heck don't the sims turn the washer or dryer on when they put the clothes in? I get that you're giving them a chance to be as daft as me, but at the same time, I don't want to be reminded of my shortcomings because I will forget every single time in the game.

And then...the calendar...why can't I create copies of holidays or drag them to different days? No, just to change the day, I have to delete the holiday and then recreate it on the day I want. Just let me drag it.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    ...When a sim's infant son from another household calls him to congratulate him on a new girlfriend -- who isn't even the baby's mother. That happened to one of mine mere minutes ago. I'm not sure which part of any of that is more annoying. :unamused:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Giving or receiving a foot massage and their shoes pop back on during the process.
    You little sims know you can't get a foot massage with your shoes on, right? Are you ticklish, have you got toenail fungus or what?

@Nate_Whiplash1, that floaty camera thing, I hate that. Stahp, I'm going to get motion sickness.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Gardening still being bugged annoys me. Sims 4 with the notifications and words replacing gameplay annoy me too. Makes the Sims 4 feel very old fashioned and based off a silent film with text and rabbit holes replacing gameplay.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    Receiving weird texts from strangers like being congratulated on a new friendships, the endless job offers, texts from toddlers, texts from ghosts, being asked on a dates via text while the two people involved are standing in the same room as each other. The whole phone system needs an overhaul, it's a mess.
    Scobre wrote: »
    words replacing gameplay

This is NOT trivial.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    words replacing gameplay

This is NOT trivial.
    LOL seems to for EA. A lot of their games go that way. I don't care for that direction myself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Honestly I don't feel like all the "Friendly" interactions are very friendly... Why are there so many options to "Complain about..."? Or "Ask About..."

Some things aren't very polite to ask about until your Sim actually gets to know them, and they get tired of the option to just "Chat" too quickly. :(
  • hotshocolatehotshocolate Posts: 15 Member
    if we're talking about sims 4, the lagging, even on my new gaming PC with no mods or cc, it still lags.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    When a pet dies their grave doesn't turn into a pet grave anymore it just looks like a regular sim grave or urn. Idk if it is becauss of a mod or what? I play rotationally so the pet deatha tend to happen when I'm at abother household, maybe that's why? Either way it's annoying.
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2021
    Do any simmer actually scroll down 100 notifications for info?
    Yep, there are a select few of us out there ;) In my main save I keep a bunch of them as memories of what happened, and from time to time I enjoy going through them. It's like taking a trip down memory lane. The main problem is that I have reached the limit and now have to decide on which memories to delete.

As for trivial things that annoy me, one of them is some of the translations made in my language, especially the latest choice of translating Henford on Bagley into something that translates back into Hen/Chicken Shire and seeing as it is the the ONLY one of any of the worlds where the name has been translated, it makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

However, something I find much more annoying is that the invites to go to a dance party at the Bluffs or the Von Haunt Estate or a nightclub or to get invited to dine at a restaurant (even though my sim had to pay) pretty much or completely stopped after the patch for Eco Lifestyle. And I really miss them. They helped give the impression that my sims didn't exist in a vacuum and that the world around them was alive and had an interest in them. Maybe a possible solution could be to make the turn-off function of the sim's phone actually turn off all calls for those players who prefer not to receive any and then all the old calls could still exist for those who had it turned on?
    To make matters worse, anything beyond a good reputation also seems cut back on the amount of invitations to go anywhere instead setting off the unending string of job offers as well as charity calls that have no negative effect on the reputation if you choose not to make a donation. I really wish that the reputation would decrease gradually on its own, because there are plenty of ways to just drive it further up, but the only way I've found to make it go down is to start carrying out mean interactions towards unoffending strangers, and that doesn't necessarily fit the character of every single sim.

edit: Oh, and I also wish we could ask the kleptomaniacs to give back what they have taken if they are still on the lot when we notice something has gone missing, or accuse them of stealing when we as players notice them taking something but our sims haven't :p
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited October 2021
    I often run out of space for notifs so i have habit of screenshotting those everytime i get something fun but i would surely like if they stopped putting the "you took screenshot" notifs cause its sort of cluttering it up

then again sounds tied to actions get easily glitched and buggy slowing things down so i really don't want sound tied to screenshot either so idk :/
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I often run out of space for notifs so i have habit of screenshotting those everytime i get something fun but i would surely like if they stopped putting the "you took screenshot" notifs cause its sort of cluttering it up

then again sounds tied to actions get easily glitched and buggy slowing things down so i really don't want sound tied to screenshot either so idk :/

They could have it automatically expire when you take a screenshot, like notifications from TS3 to avoid clutter. If they did that and had a toggle option, notifications on, off, or timed that would be really nice :)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Collections that take FOREVER to complete because the last one or two items seem to be super-rare, doesn't matter if they are listed as common because the game is going to make you work like hell to get them.
    The cake is a lie
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I wish we could have more then two options if someone asks you fi you want to go on a date or come over. Either option they have sound rude and don't really have anything to do with what my Sim is currently doing. Or if you send a text, I sort of wish we had control on what to say or respond back. I think that'd be fun. Not sure if they could ever do that or not though and it probably could get annoying after a while.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • LouisaB75LouisaB75 Posts: 8 New Member
    That the curtains I want never seem to fit the windows that I want.

That sims will stand up to watch TV and I have to manually tell them to sit down.

The I had to throw your post into the mailbox message for no reason at all because there is nothing or no one in the way.

Collections that you complete, but when you sell the items because you got cluttered up , then show as not complete again.
    edited October 2021
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    That the curtains I want never seem to fit the windows that I want.

I wish the curtains could snap to edges and you could choose 3 different lengths.
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    That sims will stand up to watch TV and I have to manually tell them to sit down.

This annoys the heck out of me! At least sit in the floor or kneel, darn it!