Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Industrial Loft KIT looks fine but...

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you so much @Isharell @simgirl1010 ! Happy that you like it! Hope that you'll enjoy the kit as much as I do. I like the vibes & the style of this kit!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    I personally think this pack is repetitive.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Aren't they all.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2021
    Some quotes from EA about Kits:
    • Kits are mini collections of content made to boost your playstyle with more choices—and more ways for you to Play With Life!
    • Bite-Size Packs, Big Possibilities

It is a "mini collection" not a whopper collection. It is a "bite-size" kit not a king-size kit. It is a $5 kit with 26 items; so I don't see the need for any of these changes Deligracy mentioned.

The rug isn't transparent in my game; I don't see any light passing through so I have no idea where this is coming from. The Energy Level must be a typo in the description because no double bed's Energy would be a 1. Nonetheless, it gives my Sim the opportunity to upgrade their bed.
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I totally agree with this tweet

This KIT should have more windows, which are popular in real lofts:
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    • Kits are mini collections of content made to boost your playstyle with more choices—and more ways for you to Play With Life!

It is a "mini collection" not a whopper collection. It is a "bite-size" kit not a king-size kit. It is a $5 kit with 26 items; so I don't see the need for any of these changes Deligracy mentioned.

The rug isn't transparent in my game; I don't see any light passing through so I have no idea where this is coming from. They Energy Level must be a typo in the description because no double bed's Energy would be a 1. Nonetheless, it gives my Sim the opportunity to upgrade their bed.

I agree with you.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

The rug isn't transparent in my game; I don't see any light passing through so I have no idea where this is coming from. They Energy Level must be a typo in the description because no double bed's Energy would be a 1. Nonetheless, it gives my Sim the opportunity to upgrade their bed.

Iron Seagull showcased the rug in his recent video, you can see floor patterns through the rug.

But yeah, I kinda agree what you said about bite-size kits, they seem very limited in how many items they can include in a kit. If they would have included more windows or doors then they have to remove something else.

I miss stuff packs.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I miss stuff packs.

Me too. I just do not see kits offering "big possibilities" or value at their current price. If Maxis is going to keep cranking out content for Sims 4, I personally wish that they would abandon the kit idea, and go back to making full stuff packs.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

15696429-https-bi.jpeg

loft.jpg

My only bone to pick with that tweet is that if they add operational doors to that archway then they’re closed all the time unless a sim walks through and it becomes not a completely unique archway compared to those we already have, but just another played out set of French window doors with a grimy texture on the panes. 😴 I do wish though that it could at least add a medium height variant.

I think Deligracy meant to add a door that matches the arch, not replace the arch by adding doors to the existing arch. Maybe they’ll add to sets in the future like they did in TS3 store. I didn’t like the loft set in TS3 store, but like this one so hope it will be expanded on to include taller versions of matching windows, doors and arches.
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    08-26-21-10-58-42-PM.png
    Base game window
    capsule-616x353.jpg
    ILK window. What is this tomfoolery?

The windows look different to me. The base game one has wood or whatever it is going down the middle, is double pained, the frame is different, and it’s not recessed into the wall. There are other differences as well.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2021

Iron Seagull showcased the rug in his recent video, you can see floor patterns through the rug.

But yeah, I kinda agree what you said about bite-size kits, they seem very limited in how many items they can include in a kit. If they would have included more windows or doors then they have to remove something else.

I miss stuff packs.

Did they remove their mod folders, repair their game and start a brand new save before they decided to spend time looking for an inconsistency that doesn't exist. Well, I did just to take a break from going through my CAS cc folder to see if this was an actual issue which it isn't. This is exactly why I've decided to be even more selective about watching some of their videos.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    08-26-21-10-58-42-PM.png
    Base game window
    capsule-616x353.jpg

The windows look different to me. The base game one has wood or whatever it is going down the middle, is double pained, the frame is different, and it’s not recessed into the wall. There are other differences as well.

I agree that the windows are different, yet quite similar.

BUT ....

The window that came in the pack is definitely NOT the one they previewed in the advertisement. The window that came with the pack is no way "recessed" into the wall. The frame on the kit window is every bit as thick and chunky and sticks out on the wall just as much as the basegame window does.
    Z4aq9yY.pngTn4g4O6.png

g01denswan wrote: »
    08-26-21-10-58-42-PM.png
    Base game window
    capsule-616x353.jpg

I agree that the windows are different, yet quite similar.

BUT ....

The window that came in the pack is definitely NOT the one they previewed in the advertisement. The window that came with the pack is no way "recessed" into the wall. The frame on the kit window is every bit as thick and chunky and sticks out on the wall just as much as the basegame window does.
    Z4aq9yY.pngTn4g4O6.png

The window in the picture I quoted looks recessed to me, but it doesn’t in your picture. The 2 windows definitely look different though. The base game one has a wider frame, the bottom has 3 horizontal pieces instead of 2, and the corners of the frame are not mitered.

I wonder if people think all square and rectangular windows are all recolours as well.

I wasn’t discussing whether the one in the pack is the same as the one in the preview, but since the preview one will be included in a future update, I hope it’ll match something we already have.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I miss stuff packs.

Me too. I just do not see kits offering "big possibilities" or value at their current price. If Maxis is going to keep cranking out content for Sims 4, I personally wish that they would abandon the kit idea, and go back to making full stuff packs.

I'm confused.... did the devs stop making stuff packs? What do kits have anything to do with stuff packs? Are we no longer getting the regularly scheduled stuff packs?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited August 2021
    I miss stuff packs.

I'm confused.... did the devs stop making stuff packs? What do kits have anything to do with stuff packs? Are we no longer getting the regularly scheduled stuff packs?

As far as I know, Maxis has not completely abandoned stuff packs. The fact that they skipped SP19 & labeled the 1st kit SP20 suggests that there is at least one more full stuff pack coming. I simply do not see kits as a good value & I personally would have preferred it if the kit ideas that we have been given so far had been expanded upon in a full stuff pack or developed more as part of a game or expansion pack. IMHO, Sims 4 content was being spliced enough between the three types of DLC that we already had & we did not need a fourth.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2021
    I miss stuff packs.

Hopefully they haven't stopped making them. I felt that stuff packs already filled the function that kits are supposed to do and people seemed to like them more too.

But with kits they divided the amount of content for this game and also the community.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I don’t own this Kit, as that specific style is not my thing, but I own three other kits Country Kitchen, Oasis and Throwback Fit which I enjoy. When the discussion goes down to kits being pointless cash grab, I think some folks may forget that kits are substituting lack of CC on consoles (at least to small degree) and there is bunch of people that want to add something fresh to the game from time to time, but the 10 USD for stuff pack may be a little too expensive. Another thing is consoles again. I’m PS4 player and I honestly say Sims 4 on this platform will not stand big expansion packs any longer. The difference when I play with only few expansions and other packs installed (like 10 -12 max)it’s HUGE, the game is flying instead of crawling. Why is it that way I don’t know as I’m not programmer, but this game always felt badly optimized on PS4. All Kits are roughly 60-70 MB each on console and don’t put a strain on already strained game. I saw many players being positive about the very idea and I’m too. Players who own the game on PC with any CC available are IMO not the target audience of kits, so arguments that kits should become stuff packs or being implemented in game packs are missing the mark. Kits will not make this game unplayable at some point in the future and bigger expansions will.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    When the discussion goes down to kits being pointless cash grab, I think some folks may forget that kits are substituting lack of CC on consoles (at least to small degree) and there is bunch of people that want to add something fresh to the game from time to time, but the 10 USD for stuff pack may be a little too expensive.

Stuff packs have gameplay as well besides BB objects. While kits might seem like a cheap option, they aren't as you get a lot more objects, CAS items and gameplay with a stuff pack for the same price as two kits.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    The double edged sword of social media got a second window added to the game--yeah. :/

To the tiny crowd that felt this was false advertisement: I'm all for more content; however, can this mock outrage be done the next time for something that is actually useful like gameplay and/or improving depth in the game.

Oh, I’m sorry, I guess we all forgot to consult you on what we are and are not allowed to care about. I promise we’ll do better next time!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    I miss stuff packs.

SP19 and now SP24 are missing with SP25 Industrial Loft Kit, there are probably the upcoming Stuff Packs (September and January)
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I miss stuff packs.

SP19 and now SP24 are missing with SP25 Industrial Loft Kit, there are probably the upcoming Stuff Packs (September and January)
    I think it would be better if kits had thier own numbers KIT1 etc.

It’s very odd they have SP numbers. Kits are marketed as new things not renamed SP. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Seriously, that was dripping with sarcasm. My consultation fee is $4.99.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    The double edged sword of social media got a second window added to the game--yeah. :/

To the tiny crowd that felt this was false advertisement: I'm all for more content; however, can this mock outrage be done the next time for something that is actually useful like gameplay and/or improving depth in the game.

Oh, I’m sorry, I guess we all forgot to consult you on what we are and are not allowed to care about. I promise we’ll do better next time!

clapping-hands.gif

Don't ever believe you have to consult with me or anyone else for how you should feel. If you feel it is false advertisement, go with that. These tiny little boxes that each of us write in for a discussion is just an opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

I felt the false advertisement claim was a bit much--my opinion. Feel free to disagree--your opinion.

This conversation will be forgotten in T minus 2 seconds on both are parts. ;)

There are six objects pictured in the original teaser, five of which are real items included in the kit exactly as shown. Is it really surprising that people thought the window was also a real thing? This isn’t the first time they’ve accidentally implied they were including something that isn’t in a pack, but unlike the whole “Get Famous juicer” thing, this is a fairly quick fix (see: https://illogicalsims.tumblr.com/post/660639879655505920/industrial-arched-window-i-wanted-the-window-from#notes ) and probably won’t even require anything from the gameplay team anyway.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I will say that I'd like it if future build/buy kits, rather than being basically a room's worth of furniture in a single aesthetic style, were things like a half-dozen styles of curtains in multiple wall heights, or two dozen bathroom clutter items, or a dozen and one different styles of toddler bed with matching "big kid" single beds for when they become kids, or a bunch of paintings on a theme.

As long as Build/Buy kits are basically room kits, they're always going to feel like they could have done something more/else.

I would enjoy some more toddler beds to match other beds in other packs.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I like the kit, but glad we are getting that window and honestly glad Simmers spoke up about it. If James can speak out about the ball pit, I see no problem speaking up about a window either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's not that they're bad items. They look nice enough. But they're NOT WORTH IT. They're not worth the work, and they're not value for money. These things could be Stuff Packs. A functional object, some clothes, some building stuff. That's what makes up a Stuff Pack. In a Kit Pack, you get one of the three.

It's just that Kit Packs can be pushed out fast on months when EA has no other packs.

Most of the items in this kit have something very similar going on already, some as reskins like the two-level table or the chair. Or, it's a SOFA, how many of those do we have?

See, I think the packs are worth it. You can’t pick up a burger and fries anymore for 5 bucks, and I get a lot more value out of these kits than that. And, for those of us that want more furniture and clothes, but don’t use CC, the kits fill in pretty well. Just like any other pack, you have a choice to buy or not to buy. I liked my first pet stuff too, and get a lot of use out of that as well.