Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kit Industrial Loft: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2021
    Oh for the love of God, another build/buy kit?
    I really thought it was going to be a CAS kit. Maybe the build kits have had more positivity?

Maybe because many (or most?) popular Youtubers/streamers and game changers are builders? They will love and promote the pack a lot more than a CAS/etc. pack. Don't know, it's just a guess.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    All the content literally looks like retextures of items we already have... then again, they tend to do this a lot, so I'm not surprised.

It's just a money grab... I'm definitely gonna pass on this one.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Plaidisrad_123Plaidisrad_123 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @DiogeneFer said:
    > Maybe because many (or most?) popular Youtubers/streamers and game changers are builders? They will love and promote the pack a lot more than a CAS/etc. pack. Don't know, it's just a guess.

You are probably right. Though those YouTubers are not the people who actually buy the packs so maybe they should cater a little less to them sometimes. :D
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    DiogeneFer wrote: »
    Oh for the love of God, another build/buy kit?
    I really thought it was going to be a CAS kit. Maybe the build kits have had more positivity?

Maybe because many (or most?) popular Youtubers/streamers and game changers are builders? They will love and promote the pack a lot more than a CAS/etc. pack. Don't know, it's just a guess.

Maybe of the first three packs, Country Kitchen sold the best, so other Build Buy kits were prioritized over CAS and Gameplay. Gameplay and CAS kits probably also take a little longer, as clothing will need to be rigged/morphed, and gameplay is more susceptible to bugs (see: Bust the Dust) which I'm hoping they're trying to avoid on future gameplay kits. I may actually want to buy one some day (unless they're all chores.)
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Happy for those who are looking forward to this kit, it's not my thing though. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Not impressed at all. Rather spend the $5 at Culver’s for a butter burger and onion rings.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Not impressed at all. Rather spend the $5 at Culver’s for a butter burger and onion rings.

Yum. 😋
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2021
    Just like human preferences vary from person to person, so do my Sims. I will definitely be using the Industrial Lot Kit items. ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Where's the good stuff?? Like pool tables, poolslide, smoothies machine, night clothes, new television, stereo, more computer, Arcade games, new tea and coffee maker . Etc.... Same old stuff we already have!!! 🤨😤😖
    It really is ridiculous how many times do we have to get the same items over and over since we did not get color wheel and a way to add patterns. I have not looked in awhile or purchased every pack but at this point I would not be surprised if we were nearing 100 chairs but still no pool table or small telescope
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    Where's the good stuff?? Like pool tables, poolslide, smoothies machine, night clothes, new television, stereo, more computer, Arcade games, new tea and coffee maker . Etc.... Same old stuff we already have!!! 🤨😤😖
    It really is ridiculous how many times do we have to get the same items over and over since we did not get color wheel and a way to add patterns. I have not looked in awhile or purchased every pack but at this point I would not be surprised if we were nearing 100 chairs but still no pool table or small telescope

LGR definitely made the right decision to not make sims content anymore
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I don't have any sims living in apartments in San Myshuno so I'm trying to come up with some community lot ideas to take advantage of this set. 🤔
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not to barge in unneeded, but I can imagine them looking good for a community space lot from Eco. I always want to add one to San Myshuno. It seems to be a perfect thing for the city.
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Not to barge in unneeded, but I can imagine them looking good for a community space lot from Eco. I always want to add one to San Myshuno. It seems to be a perfect thing for the city.

Barge in appreciated. 😄 I could use some ideas.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Hmm.. this may be the first kit I buy. I really like industrial loft apartments and this would do the trick.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Looks great! Currently I'm playing Sims 3 but when I go back I'll grab this pack lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'll get it, not sure when. Oh, who am I kidding? It's $5. I don't think the Kits will ever go on sale, so might as well get it now. :D I can junk up some builds in San Myshuno. I wonder if I can grunge up that karaoke bar into something I like better. Or would it be grunge down? ;)
  • Options
    inmyeye wrote: »

@inmyeye is the pic supposed to be blurred? What am I missing? 🤔
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    When the kit release today? I don't remember the hour other kits released.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2021

It makes me wonder if they are using existing 3D models for some items for these kits and then edit them. I find it interesting how some furniture, like they showcased in that link are so similar to existing ones, like that bed who has the exact same frame on top of it.

I think a bed like a matress on top of some wooden pallets would have been a much better choice but that would require a new 3D model and I guess that would go over budget. And if that's the limitations of kits then I really can't say that I am a fan of them. I would much rather have a bed like that in the game. At least it looks like they made some new 3D models for some of the items in this kit.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited August 2021

The smaller inset pictures are a little blurry yes. The inset picture is the object that already exists in the game. It's easy to see that quite a few objects in the "new" kit are nothing but recolors of existing objects.

Here is another look at the kit. In particular look at the bed, the coffee table (Get Famous), the end table, the lights etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/pbjpmp/after_seeing_this_i_dont_think_id_buy_this_new/
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2021

The smaller inset pictures are a little blurry yes. The inset picture is the object that already exists in the game. It's easy to see that quite a few objects in the "new" kit are nothing but recolors of existing objects.

Here is another look at the kit. In particular look at the bed, the coffee table (Get Famous), the end table, the lights etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/pbjpmp/after_seeing_this_i_dont_think_id_buy_this_new/

I would not say that they are recolors, they are edited, you can see details like the cushions or the table legs being different.

But they are very slight edits though...so they look very similar to existing items.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    And here I am just wondering what time I can download it and knowing random strangers will hate me for it. o:)
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I'll get it because I like the furniture. It's nothing special, but since I don't use CC it's nice to have more variety on items.
    I'm sure some of the builders will build great things with this kit... and I can't wait for my Sims to try them. :)
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    And here I am just wondering what time I can download it and knowing random strangers will hate me for it. o:)

It should be out in about 2 hours 40 minutes.