Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kit Industrial Loft: Available Now!

Comments

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Not really my style, but surely plenty will enjoy the industrial vibe especially anyone who doesn't or can't use cc. Plenty of places it'll fit right in but pass for me this time.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I hope the next BB Kit (not the next kit - let us have gameplay or CAS) goes a little more off-script. I want some really dark, grungy, punkish stuff. I wanted to turn Oasis Springs into this cyberpunk wasteland, but we don't have a lot of items that lend itself to that, even when you include Get to Work.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I see potential for some industrial grunge. I might need this. 😊
    #Team Occult
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I mean really? Another BB kit? We don't need more stuff tbh. We need more gameplay. And clothes. And this thing should've been a part of City Living already. Wow. Just wow.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    yes @Gordy more extreme grungy, or at least more grungy than previous packs, would have been more interesting to me too

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    OK I didn't expect another build kit but....I'm afraid that yes, I love more industrial themed items for my abandoned factories + steampunk + scrapyard/ spaceship builds. I sure hope these items come with plenty of dirty & rusty swatches. Clean and shiny won’t do.

One other thing: the Air Ducts are my favourite items...🤷🏻‍♂️

The only problem I have with this is that they're not going to look right on that glaring white ceiling. Why can't they update the ceilings so that they’re customizable?
    Maxis if you offer us fancy pantsy ceiling items like these, at least give us ceilings that make sense! The ceilings are so tremendously stupid.
    WHYY?????!!! 😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬☠️ I detest them.

But Why? 🥺

Depending on how clearly I’m thinking, there’s still a chance that I will skip that takeaway coffee on Thursday and end up with air ducts in my game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I like industrial windows, but sometimes, Maxis' window frames are always too thick.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited August 2021
    You can get similar items for free, just look for CC on the internet for the Sims 4! Mod the Sims and The Sims Resource are great, there's many more. No need to pay for this, EA should focus on adding to gameplay to expand the experience.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I haven't bought any kits yet and I will not buy this. It looks okay though! I like that there is a high dinner table for bar stools, that makes it a bit more interesting. I also think the style choice is good. The look could already be achieved, but now there's more variety and some cool styling bits.
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    You can get similar items for free, just look for CC on the internet for the Sims 4! Mod the Sims and The Sims Resource are great, there's many more. No need to pay for this, EA should focus on adding to gameplay to expand the experience.

Kits are there for folks who do not use CC, or who cannot use CC (console players).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2021
    OK I didn't expect another build kit but....I'm afraid that yes, I love more industrial themed items for my abandoned factories + steampunk + scrapyard/ spaceship builds. I sure hope these items come with plenty of dirty & rusty swatches. Clean and shiny won’t do.

The only problem I have with this is that they're not going to look right on that glaring white ceiling. Why can't they update the ceilings so that they’re customizable?
    Maxis if you offer us fancy pantsy ceiling items like these, at least give us ceilings that make sense! The ceilings are so tremendously stupid.

But Why? 🥺

Depending on how clearly I’m thinking, there’s still a chance that I will skip that takeaway coffee on Thursday and end up with air ducts in my game.

It does put things into perspective doesn't it? I'm considering if I should buy a kit, and then I proceed to order a pizza which costs more.

I completely agree about the ceilings, I got into building again thanks to Dream Home Decorator and I got new gigs in Henford on Bagley and those old cottages all have blank white ceilings...
    7l0T8iT.png
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    yes @Gordy more extreme grungy, or at least more grungy than previous packs, would have been more interesting to me too
    The only "extreme" thing about this microtransaction with a cute name, is the price.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Not that I'm complaining about more 1970s furniture because it's always a nice thing, but how about adding the Heartshape Bed & Spiral Stairs back in Sims 4. Just a thought.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I don't own any kits so far, and won't get this one either. Most of it looks too much like stuff I already have and never use, but I'm not into that industrial style anyway. Time for another CAS or gameplay kit for a change.
    edited August 2021

logion wrote: »

But Why? 🥺

It does put things into perspective doesn't it? I'm considering if I should buy a kit, and then I proceed to order a pizza which costs more.

I completely agree about the ceilings, I got into building again thanks to Dream Home Decorator and I got new gigs in Henford on Bagley and those old cottages all have blank white ceilings...
    7l0T8iT.png

@Logion I always love the light and tone in your screenshots!

Indeed, the issue with ceilings is becoming so obvious when packs like Dream Home Decorator and CoL are introduced since we’re dealing with room make overs AND old farmhouses and cottages and …shacks. And now these airducts. It doesn’t make sense.

When all stories in a shack have old wooden floors my cave man brain is unable to process the sight of those hideous white ceilings when I should really see wooden ceilings with huge wooden support beams. It’s extremely disorientating.

Sad thing is, the ceilings in the temples of Selvadorada are perfect. They’re made of stone!!! 😭

I think it’s fantastic that we got ponds but the next BB upgrade they should prioritize is the ceilings. It’s getting out of hand otherwise.

Now I’m ranting.
    Don’t mean to.
    Gonna go for a run. And then I’ll order pizza. 😂
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2021
    favriel wrote: »
    Wait, I just found a better pic with all items

5aiGOTw.jpg

I saw a door in one pic someone else shared too, with either new wall pieces of more than one type of graffiti on them that’s not in this pic,

As someone who doesn’t use CC, I really like the kit. Can’t wait to renovate another Eco Living apartment. The last one I did was with DHD stuff. I can also see using this stuff in the small penthouse in City living. I use it as a rental.

I like the amount of furniture and items they are adding to these kits.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    We've now got three kits dedicated to Build/Buy mode, and only one for CAS and gameplay. I think this kit should have come at a later date, and that we should have gotten kits for CAS and gameplay before this one.

And hey, I love some good Build/Buy content as much as the next person, especially if it's grunge, dirty and industrial looking, but they really need to spread out these kits equally among the three available categories. I really hoped we'd be getting a CAS kit that adds new pyjamas, lingerie and nightwear since that category is so lacking. Oh well, fingers crossed for the next one.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Even though these items are appealing to me, I just still can't justify buying any of these kits. The only one that comes close is the bust the dust one but it's still bugged out so...

Maybe if these kits actually introduced items and styles that are lacking or not even in the game, I'd be interested. But so far these kits are just adding more to what we already have. Which isn't the WORST thing since it can be hard to match furniture in this game. But it makes it hard to justify spending even 5$ on these kits.

I know different teams work on all these packs but it's like... Please just fix the core game first, then maybe I'll actually want to spend a few bucks on some random items... These kits just leave a bad taste in my mouth...
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    I'm disappointed its not a gameplay kit-- but I like the modular pipes.

I love adding realistic details and "fake ventilation" to all buildings.

Sucks that B&B kits are more popular. At the start they released 1 gameplay kit, 1 CAS kit, and 1 B&B kit. I only bought Bust the Dust because I wanted to support gameplay going forward, but I guess most people buy building kits.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited August 2021
    Just as I was thinking about these base game counters (the wood and steel ones) that didn't match with anything in the game... :* I'm please with more items matching these. :)<3 I did't like the concept of kits, but if they continues to do niches things like that, maybe...
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    RubyxAngel wrote: »

Console players don’t have that option actually so this is an in expensive option for those who like the style to add it to their game.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    This might be the first kit that I actually buy, lol. I’m undecided.

Is that wall color new to the kit or is it from a different pack/base game? I love gray walls & don’t feel like we have enough gray color options, lol.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am not planning any industrial builds in the ner future, might buy it when I get inspired to build something in that style, but there is lot of smilar looking stuff that I already own
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I like it, I got a whole industrial or rather steampunky area in strangerville to finish so this will come in handy :)
    Also I like that the new pieces fit with some of the stuff we already have in game.
    and more graffiti!!!

I will always buy BB packs, I can use pretty much anything :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    So, I'm pretty sure that this kit is based on a style that lost in the Nifty Knitting vote. There was an industrial/warehouse/factory option and I preferred it over the style that won. This probably was from the cutting room floor but yes, I wanted to see it then and have interest now. Admittedly, I have liked the build kits and incorporate details from them.

This does lend itself to other urban lot environments. I like the big windows and that this could be for a residential loft or a dive bar / edgy cafe.

It's a Brooklyn style but also seen in some other cities. I get that we need gameplay and I'm on that train but yes, I like a lot from this theme and could see myself using it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.