Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Window shopping instead of Lots.

It seems lazy to me that they did window shopping instead of adding empty lots for residential or commercial. So the only choice we have is to bulldoze the bar.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I can't believe they wasted so much prime location real estate space for rabbit hole buildings. Now, if I want to build a real bakery I will have to locate it on the outskirts of the village.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I am using the 3 other lots downtown for other things, a barn/dance ( nightclub/lounge ) with a pond and bonfire outside. One will be a retail store a bit later, and I’m not sure yet about the 3rd one. I too wish they’d given us some extra lots instead though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think the window shopping is a cute idea. I quite like it in real life and in sims. Would be a great addition if they ever add malls. And the animation is so cute😄 sims 4 does not give us that many lots per world there is always a limit, but only the developers know best how much this game can handle to balance performance. So those fake shops would have never been REAL lots either way. Ideally yes,realistically no. So what they did to make the town feel more alive was add the window shopping so it's not just TOTAL set dressing simmers complain about. You can shop at the stalls, take a swim in the town, go to the park or window shop. I thought it was a pretty clever idea and neat addition. With the tool mod I've put even more activities around town.
    Really hope to see it return in a mall pack!! Or however they decide to introduce malls.
    A lot of simmers what rabbit holes and more things to do "around" the world's. Me included. I like that they started including these things.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I don’t mind the window shopping if they had added 1-2 lots for community lots. After playing in the world that’s the only thing I find missing. I used one of the lots by the Scott’s as a community space and it works but visually would have preferred the lot by the bar.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Walk in retail stores, please!

It would be cool to see the shops and speak with the shop keepers. Although window shopping is little better than just getting everything online.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I like the window shopping thing. I have not used it as I would rather visit my retail stores, but for simmers without the GTW pack, I think this is great! It also gives a better vibe to the village square, without taking up too much resources - hardly any extra loading time, which would be the case with real walk-in stores.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I don’t mind the window shopping if they had added 1-2 lots for community lots. After playing in the world that’s the only thing I find missing. I used one of the lots by the Scott’s as a community space and it works but visually would have preferred the lot by the bar.

Agreed. I actually like the window shopping, but with the caveat that even one more actual lot for retail use would have greatly improved the neighborhood.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I'm not that fussed about them being backdrops, though I would have preferred them to be rabbitholes like in the Sims 3, so they could be used to buy groceries and baked goods (maybe at a limited range or quality to justify the market stalls).

One thing I would like to see in general is if they added rabbithole storefronts that can be built into a building like a door or window so your sim could live above a shop, add something to a community lot or use services that normally require a phone or computer.

Things like a grocery store (where you can buy groceries, drinks, snacks), bookstores (to buy books), hardware stores (to buy upgrade parts and gardening supplies), pharmacy (medicines), pawn brokers (to sell stuff) and clothing stores (to buy unique clothes, and/or as part of a lot challenge where sims can only wear clothes they made, bought, unlocked or started in CAS with).

I know a lot of people would prefer fully open, functional lots, but with the limited lots, I'd rather them be reserved for more active activities.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I would love a hardware store so I can buy the gizmos I need for upgrades. I don't want every family to be handy.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I would love a hardware store so I can buy the gizmos I need for upgrades. I don't want every family to be handy.

I have never thought of that, but I love that idea!

I think the window shopping is cute, but never use it. One way or another they weren't going to add anymore lots, so the window shopping is adding to the game... not taking anything away from it.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2021
    I never use the window shopping interaction, but it's nice that they did add a reason to visit those houses... That's something that I remember people mentioning with Snowy Escape how they wanted to visit the train station and other houses.
    I hope they will add more interactions in the future, like going shopping or other simple actions so we could have more reasons to explore the world.

I do wish that we could have gotten more lots, I replaced the two residential houses in Finchwick with a gym and a cafe from the gallery so I have something else to visit except the pub.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    I find the window shopping completely pointless...

It seems like such a wasted opportunity, they could of been rabbit hole shops were our sims could actually buy things similar to how the supermarket works in the Sims 3.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Actually that is an good idea. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    I wish our sims could actually buy locked CAS or furniture, like the shops in Realms of Magic.

Or just buy upgraded versions of the stuff.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited August 2021
    Great ideas @Thetford & @Mstybl95 ! I second all of it! And love the idea to put Rabbit hole stores on the bottom floor of your build (Living on top of a store). That would be perfect for San Myshuno / HoB.

IDEAS ON FUNCTIONAL RABBIT HOLES:

CLOTHING STORE 👖👕👟
    • Clothes cost money in CAS (Toggle on / off in the settings)
    • Clothes being functional (ex. Raincoats + Hats + Rubber boots protect from rain)
    • Buy locked CAS items (not always available can run out of stock)

NEW OBJECTS
    • Sewing machine - Sew clothes for free if having the required wool (Llama or Cotton plant).
    • Dye wool (Llama or Cotton plant) in different colors with dye (make on the stove, require specific ingredients).
    DRINKS & JUICE SHOP 🍹🍾🍸
    • Simple Living include drinks
    • Juice from Mixology table have similar effects as Fizzy juice (only for Teen – Elders)
      Can give negative moodlets the day after.
    • Supply: Different Bottles for Mixology / Bottles of Nectar / Boxes of Fizzy juice / Non alco options
    PHARMACY 💊🧴💉
    • Improved Illnesses (SIM CHALLENGES tab)
    • Get a prescription (certain amount) from visiting your Doctor (Home visit & Visitable hospitals)
    • Supply: Different sort of medicine & pills (ex. Lactose intolerance pills)
    GROCERY STORE 🛒🥫🧻
    Supply: Bath soaks & Bath muds (Spa Day, buy instead of clicking on the bathtub) / Cans / 🧻 / Cleaning equipment /
    Washing powder / Groceries for Quick meals (Chicken Nuggets / Carton with orange juice / Peanut butter)
    OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT ⛺️🎣🛷
    Supply: Tents / Deodorants / Energy bars / Sleeping bags / Fishing rods / Sledge / Portable outdoor stove
    SPORT EQUIPMENT ⛸🏓⚽
    Supply: Soccer balls / Basket balls / Snowboards / Roller skates / Climbing gear / Home Gym Equipment etc
    TAKE AWAY BAKERY 🍰☕️🧃
    (Perfect for your picnic!)
    Supply: Big pack with cups of Coffee / Tea / Cordial (Multiple servings)
    Sandwiches / Cookies & Sweet things
    TAKE AWAY SUSHI 🍣🍵🥡
    Supply: Big pack with cups of Tea / Japanese “picnic” food. Take away Sushi / Noodles.
    GARDEN & FLOWER SHOP 💐🌹🌱
    Supply: Garden equipments / Fertilizer / Seeds (Simple Living, no more clicking on pots to buy) / Flowers & Arrangements (Seasons EP) Roses (for Holiday tradition & Romantic interaction)
    HARDWARE STORE 🪓🪚🔨
    Supply: Upgrade parts (+eco upgrade parts!) / Gizmos / Handiness equipment / Woodworking equipment / Saw / Chainsaw / Axe (chop trees & cut wood = Simple Living Fire wood)
    CINEMA 📽️
    • Show various genres of movies
    • Watching movies at the Cinema will give sims unique Moodlets + Sentiments + Unique interactions (ex. discussing the movie afterwards)
    • Get Famous EP: Actors can go to the Premiere (if completed a movie):
      Walk the red carpet / Get interviewed / Meet up with Director & co-stars / Sign autographs / Get moodlets from watching their performance (influenced by traits).
    • Get Famous EP: Sims can go Premieres to watch the Movie and meet the Actor.
    • Get Famous EP: Sims in the Freelance Journalism career can get Gigs: Interview Actor (name) at Premiere / Review new Movie

FREE BASE GAME UPDATE
    1. Favorite / Disliked Movie genre added to the Favorites / Dislikes menu
    2. Watching movies added as an Favorite / Dislikes activity
    TOURIST INFO 🗺️
    • Supply: Souvenirs / Cameras / Maps
    • Get info on Festivals / Competitions / Special events
    • Pay for Train / Subway / Bus tickets
    • Get assigned to a VACATION GOAL
      Want some Direction & Challenges on your vacation? Sign up on a VACATION GOAL! You can choose from 5 different categories depending on what suits your stay. You will get assigned to multiple tasks (depending on the length of your stay) that are randomized from the category you chose. The tasks are random and therefore result in endless variations.

1. ROMANTIC SINGLE (find a match!)
      2. ROMANTIC COUPLE (keep a match!)
      3. ADVENTURE (Choose ONE or MULTIPLE sims)
      4. NATURE (Choose ONE or MULTIPLE sims)
      5. GET TOGETHER (Friendly relationships, Choose MULTIPLE sims, ex. Group of friends / Family)

REWARDS from VACATION GOALS
      Sentiment + Moodlet + Cash reward + Satisfaction points + 1 Unlockable
      Se more: SCANDINAVIAN / NORDIC PACK - AURORA SKIIES 2.0

INTERACTIONS ON RABBIT HOLES
    • Choose a tag: Cinema / Shop / Pharmacy / etc
      (some Rabbit holes can't change tag, ex the Sport equipment store in Mt Komorebi)
    • Visit the shop to ex. Buy Goods / Watch movies / etc (unique interactions)
    • Become a Business partner (10-90%) or Business owner (100%)
    • Manage Employees / Prices / Supply / Sales / Open a Web shop online
    • Work as an Employee (playable Rabbit hole career, ex. Baker / Cashier / etc)

1. Sims must have the Equipment to perform the Activity (ex. need a Basketball to play Basket / Fishing rod to fish / Ice skates to skate).
    2. Rabbit holes regularly have Sales & Special events. Check sales on your computer to get info about the current sales.
    3. Lockable CAS and B&B objects available every now and then (Rabbit hole shops)
    4. You can receive Coupons / Buy cupons and give as a gift
    5. Include a B&B Floor tile that make a Floor Level / Room into a Rabbit Hole (ex. Build a Residental lot on top of a Rabbit Hole shop)

ONLINE WEBSHOPS
    Instead of the current webshops:
    • Open an Online webbshop at home = Private account
    • Open an Online webbshop for your Bussiness = Bussiness account (Rabbit store / Retail store / Restaurant)
    • Get rated from 1-5 stars (Customer Satisfaction / Price / Quality / Social interaction)
    • Sims can purchase from the Webshops in your save
    • Online goods cost a bit more (pay for shipping!) and will Arrive in your Mailbox
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's a spa, a gym, and a swimming pool.

And if you removed the shell houses, you'd see how empty the worlds really are.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Wonder if they could instead just set up those lots so you can purchase them and set up your own retail, restaurant, or some unique HOB shop instead.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    Great ideas @Thetford & @Mstybl95 ! I second all of it! And love the idea to put Rabbit hole stores on the bottom floor of your build (Living on top of a store). That would be perfect for San Myshuno / HoB.

IDEAS ON FUNCTIONAL RABBIT HOLES:

CLOTHING STORE 👖👕👟
    • Clothes cost money in CAS (Toggle on / off in the settings)
    • Clothes being functional (ex. Raincoats + Hats + Rubber boots protect from rain)
    • Buy locked CAS items (not always available can run out of stock)

NEW OBJECTS
    • Sewing machine - Sew clothes for free if having the required wool (Llama or Cotton plant).
    • Dye wool (Llama or Cotton plant) in different colors with Dye (make on the stove, require specific ingredients).
    DRINKS & JUICE SHOP 🍹🍾🍸
    Simple Living include drinks + Juice from Mixology table have similar effects as Fizzy juice (only for Teen – Elders).
    Can give negative moodlets the day after.
    Supply: Different Bottles for Mixology / Bottles of Nectar / Boxes of Fizzy juice / Non alco options.
    PHARMACY 💊🧴💉
    Supply: Different sort of medicine & pills (ex. Lactose intolerance pills). Get a prescription (certain amount) from visiting your Doctor (Home visit & Visitable hospitals)
    GROCERY STORE 🛒🥫🧻
    Supply: Bath soaks & Bath muds (Spa Day, buy instead of clicking on the bathtub) / Cans / 🧻 / Cleaning equipment /
    Washing powder / Groceries for Quick meals (Chicken Nuggets / Carton with orange juice / Peanut butter)
    OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT ⛺️🎣🛷
    Supply: Tents / Deodorants / Energy bars / Sleeping bags / Fishing rods / Sledge
    Snowboards / Climbing gear / Ice skates / etc
    SPORT EQUIPMENT ⛸🏓🎿
    Supply: Soccer balls / Basket balls / Snowboards / Roller skates / Home Gym Equipment etc
    TAKE AWAY BAKERY 🍰☕️🧃
    (Perfect for your picnic!)
    Supply: Big pack with cups of Coffee / Tea / Cordial (Multiple servings)
    Sandwiches / Cookies & Sweet things
    TAKE AWAY SUSHI 🍣🍵🥡
    Supply: Big pack with cups of Tea / Japanese “picnic” food. Take away Sushi / Noodles.
    GARDEN & FLOWERS SHOP 💐🌹🌱
    Supply: Garden equipments / Fertilizer / Seeds (Simple Living, no more clicking on pots to buy) / Roses (for Holiday tradition) / Flowers & Arrangements (Seasin EP)
    HARDWARE STORE 🪓🪚🔨
    Supply: Upgrade parts (+eco upgrade parts!) / Gizmos / Handiness equipment / Woodworking equipment / Saw / Chainsaw / Axe (chop trees & cut wood = Simple Living Fire wood)

NON-CUSTOMIZABLE Rabbit holes INTERACTIONS
    (ex. The shop that looks like a Sport equipment store in Mt Komorebi can’t be changed to sell other stuff)
    • Visit the shop to ex. Buy Goods / Watch movies / etc
    • Become a Business partner (10-90%) or Business owner (100%)
    • Manage Employees / Prices / Supply / Sales / Open a Web shop online
    • Work as an Employee (playable Rabbit hole career, ex. Baker / Cashier / etc)

CUSTOMIZABLE Rabbit holes INTERACTIONS
    (ex. The buildings in San Myshuno).
    • Select a tag: Cinema / Shop / Pharmacy / etc (unique interactions)
    • Same as above...
    1. Sims must have the Equipment to perform the Activity (ex. need a Basketball to play Basket / Fishing rod to fish / Ice skates to skate).
    2. Rabbit holes regularly have Sales & Special events. Check sales on your computer to get info about the current sales.
    3. Lockable CAS and B&B objects available every now and then (Rabbit hole shops)
    4. You can receive Coupons / Buy cupons and give as a gift
    5. Include a B&B Floor tile that make a Floor Level / Room into a Rabbit Hole (ex. Build a Residental lot on top of a Rabbit Hole shop)

ONLINE WEBSHOPS
    Instead of the current webshops:
    • Open a Online webbshop at home = Private account
    • Open a Online webbshop for your Bussiness = Bussiness account (Rabbit store / Regular store / Restaurant)
    • Get rated from 1-5 stars (Customer Satisfaction / Price / Quality / Social interaction)
    • Sims can purchase from the Webshops in your save
    • Online goods cost a bit more (pay for shipping!) and will Arrive in your Mailbox

I would pay for this.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Window shopping is a bit of a waste of time. I rarely use the option unless my Sim is waiting for the shopping stalls to open and they have some spare time. The one thing that is very odd is seeing the fruits and vegetable window displays sprinkled with snow during the winter if there is snow on the ground. Must be terribly cold in that shop! :D
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2022
    I like window shopping, but I don't like it being the only option. One of the retails works as a gigantic closet and you can change outfit, but I wish all of them were unique, for example, in the bakery you could buy pies and bread etc.

I agree they should have added at least one empty lot in the middle of Finchwich.
    I would have loved some lots crossing the little bridge as well. Imagine living across the stree, besides the cute little river.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I used the window shopping once and that was it. I don’t like rabbit holes, but like someone else mentioned, it would have been nice if we could have actually bought groceries at the store, even if it was a rabbit hole.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,948 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would have liked if they added one more lot in the village center (maybe the one with water wheel thing) and made it so that not only could our sims window shop but maybe also walk in to buy something fun

then again i do feel like if it was that vs stalls i do like stalls better because i can use them elsewhere and i just enjoy chillin with the crumplebottoms
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Wish they had done real shops in the village. Same with magic pack.
    The Sims 4 lack new lots
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @carpe_diem great ideas but I would add a furniture store that can sell upgraded beds.
    Laugh out loud. Often