Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My skills disappeared?!

I'm not sure what happened but my skills have disappeared. My sim can still skill up but the panel where it shows the skills is completely blank? I am currently playing in a custom world (Auberon) with a custom house built for me and I'm wondering if it is the world causing it? I also recently started using a bunch of different job mods made by MissyHissy (found here) and I really hope it isn't a mod conflict because I am sick to death of the regular jobs and hers are really fun!

H E L P

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2021
    Assuming NRaas mods are still in play, first I would determine if this is a problem with the sim(s) or really just a display issue. Does MC > (Sim) > Status > Skills return their correct skill levels?

Next, try a Save (As) if you haven't already, quit, and clear the five top level cache files on the TS3 user game folder in Documents before reloading the game. Chances are everything will return on the next reload.

Finally, try a MC Reset of these sims and repeat the cache clearing and reload above to see if that brings the skill tabs back into view.

If still no good, then yes you want to see if the issue is just in this world by loading up some new ones, both the custom and EA, to see what happens.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Something similar happened to me the other day (without mods or anything like that). The skill tab never filled, it just showed whatever tab I'd been on previously. The problem went away the next time I signed in, though.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I figured it out. It was the dance career (because of course it was the one job I really wanted to play ugh). Removed it and my skills are back!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If that's one of Missy's custom careers, then she will want to know about this. She still actively supports them all on her site.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    If that's one of Missy's custom careers, then she will want to know about this. She still actively supports them all on her site.

I will message her right now. The other ones work just fine and don't conflict but it was definitely the dance career, I took them out one by one (it was a looooonnnggg night lol) to check. Bummed but hopefully she can fix it and then my sim can be a dancer, yay!