Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few suggestions

So far, the sims3 is a fairly decent game but I am going to suggest some things to help improve it.

1. Being able to interact with toddlers in all families: I don't know about any of you guys on this one but I hate it when my sims visit somebody's house, go to a community lot, or throw a party or whatever and if I try to make them interact with a toddler a note pops up saying "You don't know this sim's family well enough" I mean come on!! Toddlers are people too. I think that once a sim meets a particular sim who has a toddler, they should be able to interact with the toddler somehow. Not to like hold on them, kiss them, or toss them in the air obviously but they should at least have some sort of relationship score with a toddler. Like maybe joke with the toddler, say hi to the toddler, or whatever. I mean my sim just meets another sim who owns a toddler but they can't interact with the toddler while they are with their parent, I find that kind of rude and selfish. I do think that it kind of sucks that my sims can only interact with toddlers of their own household and the toddlers who are owned by my sim's bestest friends. This has even happened with my sim's "neices" and "nephews" who are toddlers. I MEAN COME ON, IT'S THE TODDLER'S FRIGGIN UNCLE!! I also think that children sims should be able to interact with toddlers because I find myself having to wait until my toddler sim grows up to be a kid so that sim can interact with the child sim.

2. About the cars/carpools: I have heard numerous complaints about this and I totally agree!! The car animations are terrible. I mean how realistic is it to randomly disappear in and out of the car? I mean in real life you're supposed to open the car door in order to get in and out, that was there in the sims2. But they took that away for some reason?? Well I want the proper animations back. Also I hate it when the sims flick their fingers to get their car out of the friggin driveway!! UGH, THAT FEATURE FRUSTRATES ME SO MUCH WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS IT. Another thing, if my sim rides his/her bike on the road the cars randomly run over them, lol. Also, I hate that you can't get rid of the carpool even if you have a **** car. Whenever I take my sim to work with their car I notice the evil carpool honking outside the house for about an hour like a stupid idiot long after my sim left to go to work. Another thing I hate is that after my sims are finished at work I have to remind them to take the car because they keep wanting to take the carpool. I mean for friggin sakes, do they want somebody to steal their car or something? THEY NEED TO TAKE IT WITH THEM!! The sims shouldn't even have cars if they are not interested in using them. So yeah, I think carpools should be disabled once your sims got a car. And the whole thing with cars itself, needs to fixed in this game.

3. More items: AH YES! Hot tubs, diving boards, pool tables, pinball machines, pianos, more instruments, whatever items were in the sims2 should come back. Hopefully they will add these with expansion packs!! Also, have any of you noticed that there are only RED chimnies in the game? To me that's kind of ridiculous!!

4. One minor suggestion: I think that after your sim is finished visiting somebody's house, they should say goodbye to the sim they're visiting first. I find it extremely rude that they just randomly leave the other person's house without any words when they need to go home. Yeah, that bothers me!!

I miss the memories and the photo albums as well. :(

But other than those I am happy with the game for what it is and I would be happy if they brought those things back. :D

Comments

• muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited September 2009
    1. Stranger Danger!! 2. I totally agree- and my sim wants a motorcycle btw. That finger snapping thing annoys me too and so does the fact that i cant drive my new car to work.3. I agree with everything you said and I also want my HALF-WALLS back! 4.Also agree with this one too- i mean you just leave, walk away, no goodbyes, nothing. Other: I miss the memories,the ability to give someone a gift (like perhaps life fruit or a painting or a deathfish would be nice ),and inheritances. I think we might get photo albums back with EP.
  • katessskatesss Posts: 104 New Member
    edited September 2009
    well there is a mod that removes the carpool to work, on mod the sims.

and about the toddler thing, i wouldnt want others talking to my toddlers, i heard there were plenty of issues earlier about sims walking away with children from other families.

lastly, i want half walls back too!
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Well I do think that once you meet a toddler's parent, you should be allowed to meet the toddler. Not to take them anywhere but a sim should at least somehow acknowledge a toddler after they met the toddler's mom or dad. If they haven't met the toddler's mom or dad, they shouldn't interact with the toddlers. All the relatives should at least be able to interact with the toddler.

And where do I find that mod btw with the carpools?
  • katessskatesss Posts: 104 New Member
    edited September 2009
    http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=414&showType=1&gs=2

you have to search through all of that.

there is also a hack that unlocks hidden traits! like pyromaniac, etc..
    edited September 2009
    Ty for that.
    edited September 2009
    I would still prefer it if they actually added that feature to the game instead of having to use mods.
    edited September 2009
    bump
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2009
    bump
  • DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited September 2009
    When my Sims take a car anywhere, then leave without it, it is there in their pocket with their guitar, moodlet manager, and boxcar's worth of groceries. I'm not complaining-- pretty much all games do something like that; but, the car in the pocket seems a trifle odd to me. Anyway, if your Sim is leaving the car at work, I wonder which of us has the aberrant game?

p.s. I really couldn't believe it when I first noticed that there were no half-walls. I've been playing since the original Sims, and I don't remember ever not having the half-wall. I can understand why they couldn't give me vampires, magic, seasons, pets, etc., in the base game; but, the half-wall is about as basic as it gets.
    edited September 2009
    When my Sims take a car anywhere, then leave without it, it is there in their pocket with their guitar, moodlet manager, and boxcar's worth of groceries. I'm not complaining-- pretty much all games do something like that; but, the car in the pocket seems a trifle odd to me. Anyway, if your Sim is leaving the car at work, I wonder which of us has the aberrant game?

p.s. I really couldn't believe it when I first noticed that there were no half-walls. I've been playing since the original Sims, and I don't remember ever not having the half-wall. I can understand why they couldn't give me vampires, magic, seasons, pets, etc., in the base game; but, the half-wall is about as basic as it gets.

Yeah the half-walls definitely need to come back!! And having a car in your pocket is kinda awkward, unless if your sim is enormously fat and taller than a building. LOL
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited September 2009
    There should be an option to have stove and dishwashers at commerical lots since I can't make my church without that ability.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AmyyyleaAmyyylea Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I agree with everything you just ranted about! The sims need to get in and out of their cars. We need half walls. We should be able to interact with toddlers and so much more! Lol.
  • Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited September 2009
    Agree with everything except part of number one. Family members should be able to interact with toddlers in other househods, but not strangers. I don't want a random Sim touching my kid.