Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening

2...Next

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2021
    I finally got to a point where I went through every plant XML file and completely removed the option for bugs to spawn. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what XML (or what point in the Plants XMLs) controls weeds, so those still spawn incessantly. The fact that they spawn even on world plants, which my Sims can't do anything about, means that during the entirety of spring, every world plant has weeds choking its roots for the entire season.

It's actually much easier. You just have to set the decay value in the weed and infestation commodity to 0. That will stop weeds and spring bugs from spawning. You can have a look at my gardeningfix mod for reference (though that does not disable weeds and infestation, but only reduces it by 50 %). It's in the Misc Mods category:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    @MiaSkywalker, in the spellcaster perks is a perk that casters can throw a spell further distances, Spectral Reach, I think. That way they can floralorial from anywhere on the lot.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @83bienchen:
    I have a bunch of your mods - I may even have that one. Thanks for the link; I'll definitely look at it!

That's actually the commodity I was looking for in the XML tunings, and was unable to figure out. There were a lot to go through, and I couldn't figure out specifically what XML to change.

@bshag4lv:
    Ah, all my spellcasters take that, but I hadn't considered it. Does florolorial then do only a single plant at a time, or does it do a range of plants? With my money trees, I tend to not space the trees apart, but put them all in a clump with two planter-spaces empty for the Sim to reach the center tree, and then do a Super Sell on all 23 trees in the clump. So my Sims don't really have direct access to any of the trees not on the edges of that clump, and therefore can't directly de-weed or de-bug the inner trees. I frankly never considered Florolorial as a solution (never used it, for some reason), but it's something to consider. Especially if it works in an area of effect, and not just on a single tree.

Gives me even more of a reason for my main Sims to be spellcasters, not that I ever needed an excuse to make them so. :p.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Hi Mia, floralorial only works on one plant at a time, but if the plant needs watering, weeding and bug spraying, floralorial will take care of all three...I can't have a garden without it. Even if your trees are in the interior, as long as you can click on part of it, they can spell the plant. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    My high level gardeners have plants reverting to dirt piles all the time. Sometimes after going into CAS from a mirror, sometimes after returning from a lot, sometimes after fertilizing a plant, sometimes after harvesting a plant, sometimes upon changing seasons. Different things seem to affect my plants into reverting into dirt, and this is in a sheltered greenhouse, I don’t think tree’s are ever supposed to revert to dirt, but mine do. It is a problem the dev’s have said is fixed, but for many of us it’s not. And I have never used mods or CC in my sims4 game (but do own all the packs ). So yeah, it’s a known problem. And in my game it is actually game breaking for many sims in my rotation. Plants reverting to dirt has been going on for quite awhile in my game. Probably the most game breaking bug ever in my game.

There is a discussion called:
    Plants are still reverting. :(
    A few pages down, in this discussion area

Mine did this last night. I thought Patchy did something. Will they grow back? I have finished most of my gardening aspirations, so for me, not hugely game breaking.

I am seriously thinking of uninstalling seasons, because it's making the granite falls aspiration almost impossible.