Sul sul! How many baes is too many? The answer is NONE! Join @kelseydangerous on her journey of love as she attempts to maintain 100 romantic relationships.
Follow along on her road to love here!
September 17th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Gardening

«1
Has gardening gotten harder for anyone else? I can't seem to keep any plants alive past one, maybe two days. Is this part of the pack? Was it in the patch? Or is the problem me?

Comments

  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,231 Member
    Are they in season? Or do you have the seasons pack?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 21
    Yes the plants are in season. I haven't tried with sheltered plants yet.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,231 Member
    Um....then I don't know actually. I haven't had any of mine die. I tend to them every day with wedding, etc.
    Stayc615 wrote: »
    Yes the plants are in season. I haven't tried with sheltered plants yet tho.

    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 5,057 Member
    edited August 21
    My high level gardeners have plants reverting to dirt piles all the time. Sometimes after going into CAS from a mirror, sometimes after returning from a lot, sometimes after fertilizing a plant, sometimes after harvesting a plant, sometimes upon changing seasons. Different things seem to affect my plants into reverting into dirt, and this is in a sheltered greenhouse, I don’t think tree’s are ever supposed to revert to dirt, but mine do. It is a problem the dev’s have said is fixed, but for many of us it’s not. And I have never used mods or CC in my sims4 game (but do own all the packs ). So yeah, it’s a known problem. And in my game it is actually game breaking for many sims in my rotation. Plants reverting to dirt has been going on for quite awhile in my game. Probably the most game breaking bug ever in my game.

    There is a discussion called:
    Plants are still reverting. :(
    A few pages down, in this discussion area
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 1,510 Member
    Do you have mods installed? A lot of the gardening mods available are currently causing plants to die pretty soon.
    Thank you, EA, for patching toddlers in.

    My TS4 mods
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 591 Member
    edited August 21
    Don't worry too much. They are not dead just because the game says so. You need to look for a kind of green smoke from the plants to know they are dead unless they are cow plants. Cow plants become skeletons when they die.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,084 Member
    edited August 21
    Deleted
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,339 Member
    edited August 21
    I'm having an issue of some harvestables going directly into the family inventory all the time instead of the Sim that does the harvesting inventory. It's quite annoying because I want my sims to only sell via the grocery store vendor.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 1,596 Member
    Gardening is completely broken right now. I've been taking a break for few days from playing Sims 4 because of it.
    It's so frustrating because almost all my Sims have a garden. Crops revert to dirt piles all the time and when they don't, the harvestables go to the family inventory if my Sims don't harvest them immediately in the morning.
    Gardening used to be one of my favorite things in Sims 4 and now when it's gone I don't know what to do with the Sims who were making their income by gardening.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 388 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Gardening is completely broken right now. I've been taking a break for few days from playing Sims 4 because of it.
    It's so frustrating because almost all my Sims have a garden. Crops revert to dirt piles all the time and when they don't, the harvestables go to the family inventory if my Sims don't harvest them immediately in the morning.
    Gardening used to be one of my favorite things in Sims 4 and now when it's gone I don't know what to do with the Sims who were making their income by gardening.

    Yeah, THIS. I have a particular long running save with a Sim farmer. At least 60 plants. A farm. Everything from mushrooms to plums to blackberries and everything in between. Being a farmer is his "job." Just as you said I had to put that game on hold as it is just not worth the aggravation.

    It's kind of funny because gardening was almost the only thing that EA did that I thought was well done. Oh well.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • LynxesLynxes Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn't have any problem while gardening, I have a Seasons EP, it's better to put your plant inside the house using a gardening box/pot, create a room like a greenhouse because when you put your plants outside and the current season is not the same as a plant season, a plant will become dirt, but when you put a plant inside the house a plant status become sheltered, basically it just needs a room with a roof to make a sheltered status, you can use replace the wall with fences, but there are also plants that can be planted in all seasons so just put that plant outside.

    Just bring outside your plant when the current season is the same as a plant season, one day before the season changes don't forget to bring back a plant go back to your greenhouse, don't forget to pollinate with bees to make your plant perfect quality, some tips you can buy a sprinkle so you don't need to water the plants every day, but you can't raise your gardening skill, upgrade sprinkle to prevent puddle when inside a greenhouse cause puddle can make sims uncomfortable, when your sims have a high skill on gardening you can fast weeding, bug spraying, and harvesting plant because one harvest = area harvest, one weed = area weed, one bug spraying = area bug spraying, and more, like a super sell (sell nearby harvestable), sell harvestable, so your harvestable will sold automatically (not saved in your sims inventory), don't forget to "study" a fossil to make your sims focus so you can improve your skills quickly while in focus mood.

    And don't forget to check a season calendar when you have a Seasons EP.

    Q: But how to place a tree inside a greenhouse? it's too big.
    A: To create a greenhouse for the tree plants, you just need a room with 2 levels.

    Q: How to pollinate a plant with bees?
    A: First thing you must buy Bee Box and then Bond with Bees until your friendship between you and bees is raising, so a collect swarm option is unlocked, when the swarm is collected it can be found inside your sims inventory, go walk around your plant and choose the option "pollinate nearby plant", pollinate with bees is like fertilize the nearby plant, so you no need to fertilize a plant again.

    Q: How you can fast-moving a plant?
    A: Use build mode, so you can put your plant in your household inventory, that does not make your plant back to dirt.
  • psychoticapsychotica Posts: 207 Member
    My plants reset to dirt piles every day at exactly 7 am sims time if I haven't harvested them. EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is frustrating to say the least. Would be really nice to see this fixed. Also for the produce going into the family inventory I had that issue when I had them in planters. When I removed the floor from my greenhouse and planted them directly in the dirt that stopped happening.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 18,860 Member
    I have built green houses for my Sims, even in Hansford-on-Begley. But, I do find that after a watering or harvesting, the plants revert to a dirt mound as if newly planted. This was a problem before, allegedly fixed, but I assume it's one of those fixes that got nerfed after a patch. Oh, well. I don't mind too much, so long as my farmers get to reap what they've sown.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 2,443 Member

    Gardening is working for me. And yes, since Cottage Living, I have deleted all gardening mods, except the one where children can do gardening.
    What annoys me, but I guess helps the plants, is that my Sims keep going and talk to the plants. A bit insane, but hey, if it works, right? lol
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 971 Member
    @Admiral8Q Children can garden now without mods :) ever since last month's patch. It builds Mental skill.
    I think Talk to Plant raises gardening skill for the sim but doesn't do anything for the plant. But if you know otherwise please share!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,237 Member
    I am not having any issues with gardening. I have cottage living and seasons and it hasn't affected the plants growth. Oversized crops outside and the rest are sheltered.
  • SanBarSanBar Posts: 39 Member
    The only time my plants revert to the dirt patch is when they had bugs and I either didn't see them immediately or if I forgot to spray them. Bugs are hard to spot sometimes, they also spread and can damage plants significantly. Fortunately, if the gardening skill is high enough "tend garden" will take care of bugs automatically.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,084 Member
    I’m not having the reversion to dirt piles issue since they fixed it, but I am having the harvestables going into household inventory glitch @Kimmer mentioned, and it’s a pain because you have to pull each piece out individually and lay it on the ground for your sim to add to personal inventory if you want to try and sell it at the stands for the extra 10% after haggling, or you have to sell it straight from household inventory at basically a bit of a loss. Because even without the extra 10% I’m pretty sure the stands pay a bit more than selling directly from the inventories.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,711 Member
    edited August 23
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Gardening is completely broken right now. I've been taking a break for few days from playing Sims 4 because of it.
    It's so frustrating because almost all my Sims have a garden. Crops revert to dirt piles all the time and when they don't, the harvestables go to the family inventory if my Sims don't harvest them immediately in the morning.
    Gardening used to be one of my favorite things in Sims 4 and now when it's gone I don't know what to do with the Sims who were making their income by gardening.

    Between the patch that initally broke gardening and the CL pack, gardening is pretty much impossible for me...and I'm upset about that. Nearly all of my sims are, or were, gardeners and now my sim plants strawberries, in season, in a greenhouse and the bugs will spawn 2-3 times per day. The bird buddies will ignore any plants with bugs that aren't oversized on the CL plots.

    I'm so done with gardening...I'm really upset about this and yet it does no good. :'(

    Edit to say, about the only sim who can garden is a spellcaster with the ability to sling the florilorial spell to get rid of everything at once.
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,084 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Gardening is completely broken right now. I've been taking a break for few days from playing Sims 4 because of it.
    It's so frustrating because almost all my Sims have a garden. Crops revert to dirt piles all the time and when they don't, the harvestables go to the family inventory if my Sims don't harvest them immediately in the morning.
    Gardening used to be one of my favorite things in Sims 4 and now when it's gone I don't know what to do with the Sims who were making their income by gardening.

    Between the patch that initally broke gardening and the CL pack, gardening is pretty much impossible for me...and I'm upset about that. Nearly all of my sims are, or were, gardeners and now my sim plants strawberries, in season, in a greenhouse and the bugs will spawn 2-3 times per day. The bird buddies will ignore any plants with bugs that aren't oversized on the CL plots.

    I'm so done with gardening...I'm really upset about this and yet it does no good. :'(

    Edit to say, about the only sim who can garden is a spellcaster with the ability to sling the florilorial spell to get rid of everything at once.

    The birds are keeping bugs off my plants even the regular ones but I think they have a range that they work in so it may be that some of your plants are too far away from their tree. Another thing you could try is a game repair I only have bugs spawning about once an in game week per plant.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 2,443 Member
    @Admiral8Q Children can garden now without mods :) ever since last month's patch. It builds Mental skill.
    I think Talk to Plant raises gardening skill for the sim but doesn't do anything for the plant. But if you know otherwise please share!

    That's right, slipped my mind. I checked now and it must have been one of the mods I removed CL. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,377 Member
    Gardening IS broken in the game. Ever since the first CL patch I've noticed that if it's Spring in your game, weeds and bugs will spawn multiple times a day on every plant, and even on World plants, the latter of which is irritating, since your Sims don't have any options to remove those.

    If it's any other season than Spring, then they don't spawn at all, so as far as a player will be concerned, those problems aren't occurring.

    The weeds/bugs problem during spring occurs even if the plant is sheltered, which is completely absurd. One of the whole points of greenhouses in real life is the ability to prevent pests.

    I finally got to a point where I went through every plant XML file and completely removed the option for bugs to spawn. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what XML (or what point in the Plants XMLs) controls weeds, so those still spawn incessantly. The fact that they spawn even on world plants, which my Sims can't do anything about, means that during the entirety of spring, every world plant has weeds choking its roots for the entire season.

    Upshot is that I've decided not to do any gardening for any Sim at all anymore, because I don't want my blood pressure and stress levels to continue going up from it. This means that I will never use the Simple Living challenge trait, because I can't. Not until gardening isn't so completely broken.

    I'm not surprised to hear that the bunnies/birds only deal with pests on the CL patches. That's also absurd, but it's in tune with EA's typical assertiveness that we MUST always use the latest of ANYTHING if we want anything to get done. I have CL, but I'm not about to allow them to browbeat me into submission in that manner.

    I hadn't thought of using Florilorial to clear out pests, but it's a good idea. @bshag4lv, thank you for that idea; now to just determine the range of that spell, and at least my spellcasters can go back to gardening.

  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 35 Member
    It just sucks no matter which way you slice it. My 100 baby matriarch makes her money from gardening. I'm scared to even open that file. But it sounds like it doesn't even matter. *sigh*
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 126 Member
    Not sure if this will be of much help but it's something that's helped my gardening

    My plants will occasionally revert to dirt but they do become bushes and trees later in the morning to early afternoon unless they went out of season. The lower the quality of my plant the more often they get weeds, bugs and revert or just suddenly start to die.

    I shift + click my plants that give the most issues be it weeds or bugs or near death and click set stage and set it to ready to evolve and then evolve it as normal. That saves every plant except the super dead ones.

    Rabbits and birds help as does a sim who can just tend garden. If my plants aren't evolving quickly with a level 10 Gardner on great soil I shift click them along to avoid the problems and it usually solves the revert to dirt. At least for me this has worked and my gardens are all producing well in every world now.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 2,443 Member

    Tip: Give your Sims "likes Gardening" and perhaps gardening related traits for a boost. (Or even an aspiration and/or gardening career work from home) I find they autonomously do TOO much gardening. Which is ok, though I'm often cancelling "talk to plant" when there is nothing else to do in the garden, heh heh!

    The only thing I've noticed they don't do autonomously is fertilize plants. I always have to get them to do that manually. (Also "Evolve" a plant.)
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top