Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have Some Personality! Legacy Challenge

Hi
I made a challenge called the Have Some Personality! Legacy Challenge.
Basically this is a Not So Berry style legacy challenge where with each generation you have to accomplish different goals. This challenge attempts to get you to do things you haven't done in the sims before and to create unique and (hopefully) interesting storylines.
Every generation gives you 2 traits that you need to give the heir of that generation, but you get 1 choice for a trait in order to make your playthrough more unique. Also, every generation has replacement guidelines if you don't have one or more of the packs required for that generation.

I would list out all of the generations but it's a lot so I'll just list gen 1 and if you'd like to find out more then I have a link to a fancy google slides presentation for you: link
I also have a tumblr page about it: link

Gen 1: Green Thumb
You’ve loved gardening and plants since the minute you were born and have always wanted to see what amazing teas and recipes you could make with your plants and herbs. You also love finding animals and little critters around every corner, especially frogs
  • Max Gardener career
  • Max gardening skill and get to level 8 of the herbalism skill
  • Complete frog collection
  • Grow a cowplant
  • Meet the hermit
  • Loves Outdoors and Vegetarian traits (+1 choice)
  • Complete Freelance Botanist aspiration

If you don’t have outdoor retreat, or seasons here is what you can replace each thing with. Swap Gardening career (Seasons) with Unemployed, just make money with collectables. Swap herbalism skill (Outdoor Retreat) with fishing. Without Outdoor Retreat remove meet the hermit.

I'm playing through this challenge myself so if you'd like to hear about my playthrough I will be posting updates in the comments of this post.

Comments

• Options
    BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    Right now I'm almost done with gen 2 of my playthrough. Also, it is important to know that I have MC Command Center and LittleMsSam's ultrasound mod

I named my gen 1 sim Hyacinth Cassidy, I made her third trait clumsy. Hyacinth met Mele Kahuananui and Mele became her best friend. She met a man at work named Soren and started dating him, Hyacinth and Soren got engaged and got pregnant. Once I moved Soren in I realized that Soren had 3 babies (A boy with Sofia Bjergsen and twins with Liberty Lee) and then the day before Hyacinth went into labor one of Soren's previous partners had a baby. Hyacinth and Soren had 2 kids named Lilliana and Chamomile. I decided that the heir needs to have a birth certificate and the Cassidy name, and I didn't feel like going into the hospital with Hyacinth when Chamomile was born (plus Hyacinth had her last name changed after getting married to Soren) so therefore Lilliana became the heir.

Lilliana became the heir and moved from Brindleton Bay to Mount Komerebi to start a life with her new fiance Carmelo Kahuananui. (Mele's son) She started her restaurant with very little funds but it got built up slowly over time to a nice sushi restaurant. Lilliana had her first child Vermillion, and then got married to Carmelo. Lilliana then got pregnant and I went to sent her to get an ultrasound and it wouldn't tell me what she was having. So, I didn't send her to the hospital because I didn't know what she was having and I really wanted a girl for the next generation. Then, Lilliana had the quadruplets Emerald, Jasper, Obsidian, and Amethyst. I decided that I didn't want more than 5 kids for Lilliana, so Vermillion is going to be the next heir. I made Obsidian be the sibling that has a strained relationship with Vermillion because Obsidian aged up with the hot headed trait.