Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to work scientist career seems to be broken.

DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I get task such as give synthetic food, used to be able to do that through Test serum option under friendly as the task suggest. But not it seems to only work with untested serum, which basically if everything but after you made it once and tested it. Making completing the repeat task impossible to do, another example of where it feels broken is task like "send co-worker to garden" but since everything in garden goes into a stasis after you completed task their once, rarely is there anything that actually needs gardening there. Again making task impossible to complete, another example could be task like chat up to tourist or interact with a tourist, but there no tourist around anywhere on the map to interact with. Another example was I got a task to talk with some co-worker which suddenly seemed to leave map, again making task impossible to complete.

Think someone needs to look over this pick and bug check it, think some the other pack release or patch updates broke stuff. Remember giving synthetic food for instance was never a problem before not even after it been tested once, if it's game design you should only be able to do it once. Which you could argue make sense, then the task should pop up as a repeatable I think. Anyone else having same issues doing Scientist career in get to work, again gonna stress this many this issues I never really experience much before. So positive some the patch update or pack release broke some the mechanics there.

EDIT: Almost forgot above mentioned Stasis is in reference to everything regarding plants there seems to remain unchanged, if not it certainly changes so little that it's unnoticeable. Since I been to work at least 5-6 times not and nothing new is harvestable and nothing really seems to have grown or needs watering since last time when I came there first day at work.

EDIT 2: Another thing I noticed if no longer able to invite co worker over to my place either using their portrait or invite to hangout at lot outside of work hours, also I never get those asked to go out celebrating promotions anymore(Not sure if it's only happening to me or others to?)

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Every time we get an unwanted update and/or expansion afterwards, we also get bugs. Some are massive like the plant bugs for a very long time now. Has the bug with choosing to work overtime even been solved yet? The bug when sims won't get home after working over, and you need to let them drop their job and start all over? I don't even dare to try it out. Sad story that a good expansion like Get to Work has been so sadly broken for so long.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    This game is one the buggiest game I know and it's crazy that they can get away with it. Some other games could never.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I don’t have the same problems as OP, but I’m also playing scientist career right now and I ran into different type of issue. The invention robot animation is utterly bugged. When brainstorming or inventing the hologram of the device is showing on my sim instead of in the middle of the robot. And before, when robot was actually creating the thing, it was moving and firing laser shots into the center. Now it’s just frozen, not moving at all. Only my sim is moving and directing robot. Thankfully it is still creating the devices, but the lack of any movement from robot looks super weird. Especially since I know how it used to be before. BTW, I play on console so maybe that’s why I have a little different issues.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have found tourists but they can be far away.

I've also had the invention machine frozen while inventing.

Don't forget, if the serum is tainted, the option to test it will be under mischief.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2021
    I only knew of the invention machine animation bug (the surgery table animation for the doctor career is broken too) and that plants could not be harvested at the science lab.

Looks like someone made sort of a solution to that with a mod which changes the work hours for the science career to 12am-9am so you can harvest plants at 5am. It's called Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix on Mod the Sims.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2021
    As calaprfy said the tourists are far away there’s a picnic area if you zoom out from the outside of the science lab you will see it on the right of your screen.

The plant thing has been an issue for awhile the patch before Seasons has plants changing stages and becoming harvestable at 6 a.m. and only if you’re on the lot at that time. The scientist 🧑‍🔬 career starts at like 9 a.m. so unless and until they put it back to the plants becoming harvestable once you enter the lot as it was before the Seasons patch (and really wish they would) the mod Logion suggested is the best fix. The trade off for this though is if you’re not on your home lot in the timeframe of that mod your sim will likely not be abducted by alien sims as that tends to happen around midnight or so. So it’s up to you to decide if that’s for good or ill. Otherwise you need to grow the necessary plants at your home lot and take them to work with you in your inventory to make the required recipes and skip the goals involving gardening at work.

I have seen the invention constructor bug and I do hope they fix it. It’s one of my favorite animations.