Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spoiled Eggs

Is there a reason why the daily collected eggs spoil after one day even when kept in the fridge? It seems way to fast to me. When I buy eggs in real life I can keep them for at least a week and they will be fine.

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Is there a reason why the daily collected eggs spoil after one day even when kept in the fridge? It seems way to fast to me. When I buy eggs in real life I can keep them for at least a week and they will be fine.

They shouldn't be spoiling that fast in the fridge, sounds like a bug, potentially. Mine don't spoil for several days, although I can't remember offhand how many days it is.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

They shouldn't be spoiling that fast in the fridge, sounds like a bug, potentially. Mine don't spoil for several days, although I can't remember offhand how many days it is.

My sims are getting spoiled food everyday and I've only just come to the realization that it's the eggs. It's weird, I wonder what could be causing it.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yeah, sounds like a bug. Have you tried a different fridge?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Yeah, sounds like a bug. Have you tried a different fridge?

No I haven't but I will do.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Just felt the need to comment; Never throw away a RL egg after just one week! They are good for several months, and then they can even be used for certain cooking for the following year... But you ar right, eggs never spoil in just one day, so there must be a bug somehow. Do you keep them in the inventory or in the fridge? I see lots of produce that spoils in 1 day gets "15 days" added as soon as they are put into the fidge.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    it's probably a bug but do you have off the grid on? If you aren't producing enough electricity I saw in a lets play things seem to spoil faster.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'm a kitchenly challenged old gaffer, and even I know eggs last more than one day, even on the counter. Seems like a bug to me.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I've noticed that when freshly harvested, my hen's eggs vary in condition from poor to excellent. I always throw away the poor ones & refrigerate the normal & excellent ones. Maybe it's the poor ones that are spoiling within a day?
  • Options
    I've noticed that when freshly harvested, my hen's eggs vary in condition from poor to excellent. I always throw away the poor ones & refrigerate the normal & excellent ones. Maybe it's the poor ones that are spoiling within a day?

Oh I actually haven’t notice the difference in quality. I will try doing as you do and see if it helps. The fridge I was using is one of the new Cottage Living fridges. It’s also possible that I’m just not keeping track of the eggs well now I think about it, they all stack together so I might have got confused with the timer as I think it shows the timer of the oldest eggs even when I put new ones in the fridge each day.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Oh I actually haven’t notice the difference in quality. I will try doing as you do and see if it helps. The fridge I was using is one of the new Cottage Living fridges. It’s also possible that I’m just not keeping track of the eggs well now I think about it, they all stack together so I might have got confused with the timer as I think it shows the timer of the oldest eggs even when I put new ones in the fridge each day.

I'm always checking the eggs gathered to make certain I don't take a hatchable egg. Who wants to eat that? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I think the eggs and other farm produce that spoil over time, are not sorted in the inventory interface. I would expect the new to add to the top of the list, but they don't. They are not sorted by quality either. I wonder if the oldest will get used first when say canning mayonnaise... If the freshest egg is used, my sims have a problem, lol...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I've just checked the eggs ingame in my family's fridge. It says they will spoil in 18 days. So I think eggs spoiling after one day is either a bug or maybe caused buy a mod.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Mine have spoiled after 1 day too maybe it is a bug. As I've only just started playing with the chickens and cows I'm discovering quite a few issues. I am using one of the fridges from cottage living and not my usual go to fridge from jungle adventure so I will check out the other simmers advice of using a different fridge. Also I play vanilla so it's definitely not mod/cc related.