Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restricting played sims from showing up on lots outside their world?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    After all the mod suggestions I did a little research and came upon the mod SSO - SIM SPAWN OVERHAUL by Lotharihoe that looks a little older but does some added cool things. Thoughts?
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-download-google-drive

I tried this one, didn’t work for me. Sims from other worlds still came to finchwick fair and the major had been changed to a new generated sim same with grocery stall owner.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    @Jyotai There is a tag for residents of this or that world visible in Manage Households. That is, sims who live on a lot in that world. Townies who do not live in a lot have the tag Not In World instead.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Ideally we could have the option to assign a world for sims who are not in world, and then also have the ability to restrict sims to their world.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I always thought it was strange to see sims from Sulani walking around other worlds in their tropical beach clothing.

I'd like to see npcs stick to their own world most of the time, but perhaps allow them wander into a different world occassionally. I just think it's unrealistic to see a character from one world hanging out some place else all the time.

I see some worlds as different neighborhoods, but others are more like different countries. I treat the base game worlds as suburbs of the city world. But I treat Sulani, the Japan place, and the German town as different countries. It does seem strange that my Sims can pop into another country just as easily as driving into the city or the countryside. They do it though. lol (I did change one lot in Sulani into a vacation rental though, so my characters can go there "on vacation" for a few days at a time. )

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    An update: With the buzz surrounding the Spa Day refresh, I decided to send a Sim to the spa, and I discovered an issue with the mod I installed. Something about the mod keeps the yoga instructor from holding classes. S/he won't "announce" that a new class is beginning, and my Sim can't ask them to start a class.

So, right now it looks like I'm going to have to pick another mod, or choose between yoga classes and townies that stay in their home worlds. :smile:
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    The first time I saw some of the Sims I had created walk by where my current Sim was living, I have to say I was thrilled. I would much rather have the walk-bys than to experience the extreme loneliness of what would appear to be an empty neighborhood. Guess the walk-bys just don't bother me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    The first time I saw some of the Sims I had created walk by where my current Sim was living, I have to say I was thrilled. I would much rather have the walk-bys than to experience the extreme loneliness of what would appear to be an empty neighborhood. Guess the walk-bys just don't bother me.

I like realism so having walk-bys in neighborhoods where it's obviously a cul-de-sac makes it very aggravating for a player like me. Especially when I see my played sims walking around when I know they should be at work. Annoys me like you wouldn't believe.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I liked two things about the mod I was using.

The chances of seeing a Sim in their home world increased. I saw the families I put into Newcrest doing various things there. They liked visiting a cafe and a park I built in their world. Without the mod, the clientele changed, and now it's the Landgraabs, Mila Munch, and Marcus Flex who seem to live there.

Without the mod, there are Sims I simply never see "in the wild." The BFF household from Willow Creek never seem to be out and about. The only one of the Oasis Springs Roomies I ever run across is J Harrington. It doesn't seem to matter what kinds of lots I visit, either. I would think an Active Sim might hang out at a gym more often, and I'd expect to see Liberty Lee or Travis Scott at GeekFest, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Does that happen to any of you?

The mod also stopped quirks such as the entire population of Sulani descending on the gym in Oasis Springs, wearing island attire on the day before Winterfest.

I like walk-bys, and I enjoy "meeting" new and interesting Sims. Even the wardrobe disasters don't bother me that much; they're often hilarious. So I wouldn't want to eliminate either of those events.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options

@GalacticGal I love having my created Sims walk by my current Sim's house, too. I remember thinking how disappointed I was when my Sim's next-door-neighbors, whom I'd created in the hopes they'd become good friends, didn't come out of their house for three game weeks.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I like realism so having walk-bys in neighborhoods where it's obviously a cul-de-sac makes it very aggravating for a player like me. Especially when I see my played sims walking around when I know they should be at work. Annoys me like you wouldn't believe.

@Mstybl95 At the same time, I get where you're coming from. I shake my head every time I see Child and Teen Sims wandering around town when they should be at school. They can't *all* be ditching class, can they?
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

I love the walkby sims, but I want them themed. I don't want the Sulani beach townies walking by my snowy mountain house...

To be able to control what kinds of townies show up where is what I'm seeking.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    @Jyotai That's exactly it. I think we're looking for the same thing.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Well, all I can say is I got concerned when the couple from Strangerville showed up at the eatery my Sims were at. I liked it less when the Mermaids would show up at random. I don't believe I've seen too many from the Jungle, but then again I rarely send my Sims there, too. I'm not too sure I'd like it all regimented, though. I do appreciate what you're saying but it's not for me, I think. If there comes a time when this is patched, I do hope there is a toggle.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I think it would be fine, even if they added a toggle. Still think vampires should have their own toggle since wings should allow them to go everywhere, though.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve been using Lotharihoe’s walk-by mod and I really like it. I started a new game recently to play some premades rotationally (I figure if they’re going to be updated, I want to see what they’re about since I never really played them, and then the update will be more interesting).

I never really felt the need for the mod before, but now I don’t want to play without it. It’s nice to see the residents of a world restricted to that world for the most part (there are exceptions) and it makes my gameplay feel more authentic than it did when there was a mishmosh of characters around.