Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stairs Bug/Glitch/Issues.

So I'm having an issue with my sims using stairs...

What happens is, They will not use the stairs at all, unless the POV is on the same floor level they are on...

EXAMPLE: If a sim is on the 1st floor and I go to the 2nd floor and click the bed to put them to sleep...I will wait and wait, and they never come...but When I click the arrow to go down to the 1st floor to see what's taking so long, they are standing at the foot of the stairs chilling, and a second later they climb the stairs and continue the action...it also works in the reverse and with ladders...For some reason the stairs suspends their action unless the camera is already set on the floor they're on.

But, if I click the bed on the 2nd floor to put them to sleep, and i go back down to the 1st floor, they will use the stairs normally.

I'm not sure if it's the mods i have, or some other issue. Just found it odd. This just started happening maybe a month or so ago.
Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    It's a known - gamebreaking - issue that has been acknowleged by EA. It' currently very hard to play big families in big houses. Toddler walking is also broken.
  • EvilVamp667EvilVamp667 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm having the same issue, I have no mods, so its definitely a game issue. I hope they fix it soon, its getting very annoying.