Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What agespan does everyone play on?

HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
I feel like Normal is too short and Long is too long for my taste. So I edited the normal lifespan to make it longer, but not too long
Here's my span:
Babies: 3
Toddlers: 7
Kids: 14
Teens: 14
Young Adults: 28
Adults: 28
Elders: 30
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

What agespan does everyone play on? 94 votes

Short
2%
EliteGirlMyriadSims 2 votes
Normal
17%
Rhiannon58HarukotyanInfraGreenLostInReveriejames64468EricasFreePlaySunnyyesjamslowpolygalEA_MariPatricesimsplayer86PurpleHeathermelsimSnowBnuuyhistoryfreak1Ellierosex 16 votes
Long
25%
Spookemaggiemae8135CororondominimpSxcDannii202emorrilljohnny33FelicityDeboraKaegraventheKarritzSorak4cat_momBooDaBoo5AvataritNikkei_SimmerBehappy1stNathanAGeralt_ofRiviacody6268 24 votes
Edited Normal with added days
29%
auroraael14CamkatPlayerSinger2010haneulalyssasim87MikezumiSimplyJenMizzila1297viola-illyriakretorrbwlySimmer2500StarrxfireNoree_DoreebritpopsimsMantleJackalKNORearangelbearEvilyn_1007FeisbukaiteD3xt3r249 28 votes
Edited Long with added days
25%
carlystur03SikoahGraceGraceyManoryoashmoTorieCharlotteknBlackSandbecomingjennIreneSwiftwolfkomoki1bekkasanBreazonadelicadoAkilSERVERFRAizecsonKeiomestreTurjanSleepstarpinkrobin 24 votes

Comments

• MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I play "normal" edited.
    Infant 3 days
    Toddlers 5 days
    Kids 10 days
    Teens 18
    YA 25
    Adult 42
    Elder 25
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Long
    I like having long age spans. When I start a new game, it gives me time to befriend the entire town and eventually have a beautiful and busy graveyard :)

wM7DZka.png
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Normal
    I play both normal and normal edited, but mostly normal :*
    My edited version adds days to all life stages because I don't like favoring the life stage that is more interesting or has more gameplay value, so if I want more YA days, well I gotta suck it and have more newborns days as well lol
    I have three different settings, but I guess my favorite is this one:
    Babies — 4 days
    Toddlers — 8 days
    Children — 8 days
    Teenagers — 16 days
    Young Adults — 25 days
    Adults — 25 days
    Elders — 20 days
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2021
    Long
    Can't be bothered to edit right now. Too busy writing the narrative that goes along with the game. But I play long and would probably play longer lives if I could be bothered to edit the Options.ini. Oh well... :mrgreen:
    MCC-SV_Lifespan.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Long
    Can't be bothered to edit right now. Too busy writing the narrative that goes along with the game. But I play long and would probably play longer lives if I could be bothered to edit the Options.ini. Oh well... :mrgreen:
    MCC-SV_Lifespan.png

@Nikkei_Simmer OMG! I would get bored with my sims if I've had them for that long, more power to you lol :smiley:
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Long
    Epic, but longer than that for most sims in my family. They have been in the same life stage for years. I use NRaas MasterController to set the age back to the first day of the life stage after a while to basically stop them from aging. I age them up when I feel like its time. I let other sims age normally. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2021
    Long
    Long; as I am getting back into trying to play both TS3 and TS4 the way they were intended--with aging on.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    It's more a modified long than simply an extended long, although the latter is technically true.
    oGCMIRe.jpg
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,029 Member
    I play with seasons, with LMS's 21 day/season mod giving me 12 weeks as a year, I have then altered ages to fit the idea that 1 sim year roughly equals 5 "real" years. What I get is this:

Baby 17 days (1/5 of a year)
    Toddler 67 days (1 year combined with baby)
    Child 168 days (2 "years" - a bit longer than it should be but I want the birthday to fall on the same day of year every time)
    Teen 84 days (1 "year")
    YA 168 days
    Adult 588 days (yes it's log but it spans the ages 30-65)
    Elder 252 days (3 "years")

As my lifespans are very long I play different families and keep to one family for quite some time then change. Sometimes I make my old families NPCs for a time and then return to them. I have also slowed down skill building because otherwise they get masters at everything and that's just boring.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I play with Epic and since I put seasons back in my puter the age span is based on an in game year with seasons. I write stories so I will place a season on hold if needed for the story. I will hold off aging sims as well. I have no rules in my games or stories except to have fun. Happy simming!
  • LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    Actually a really short epic. I'd use long instead, but it doesn't allow enough days in the adult stage.
    Baby - 7
    Toddler - 15
    Child - 30
    Teen - 28
    Young adult - 82
    Adult - 99
    Elder - 93
    I like to imagine one sim day as three months, to keep the three day pregnancies proportional, and this adds up to a fairly realistic lifespan with that equivalency.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don't care how long the townies live, so I set it to Epic.

My Sims generally pay the 1200 Simoleons necessary to buy the Ambrosia Recipe.
    They live as Young Adults as long as they can find stuff to do.
    They explore the world, have several occupations, advance in almost every skill.

They generally have a vast selection of nectars in the nectar cellar ...
    They have written countless novels, discovered all the mysteries of the world around them ...
    And pretty much own everything in town.

When I get tired of them, and they have amassed a huge fortune, they get married, have two children, and live in on awesome estate.
    Then they and their family become townies, and I move on to another Sim.
    I get to watch them and their children grow up, get married, grow old and die ... From a distance.

The beauty of Sims 3 ... Anyone can play whatever way they want.
    I do however play the game, and it doesn't play me.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    One save: edited long.
    All other saves: aging off.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited August 2021
    BlackSand wrote: »
    My Sims generally pay the 1200 Simoleons necessary to buy the Ambrosia Recipe.
    They live as Young Adults as long as they can find stuff to do.
    That's true for my sims, too. Between Ambrosia, Young Again potion, Fountain of Youth Elixir, genie wishes, etc., the ages of my active sims are all over the place. Some of them even took the Age Freeze potion. The age structure I presented up there is just the underlying framework.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I play with aging off
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Long
    I make it as long as I can by using the sliders provided.

Age-Settings-For-Sims3.jpg

I do this so the townies will continue to age. I use birthday cakes to age up the sims I'm playing whenever I think they are ready to age up. This is usually because they've completed some skills or other things that I've decided they need to do before they can age up. Babies and elders are the only sims I will usually not age up using a cake.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited August 2021
    Aging off for everyone. I manually age up my babies and toddlers, and everyone else stays the same age forever.
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I want each of my younger sims to experience life in every season at the child and teen stages, but I don't care so much about the baby and toddler stage, so my current custom 225 day lifespan is as follows:

baby 2 days
    toddler 12 days, which I plan to shorten for future games
    child 28 days
    teen 28 days
    young adult 60 days
    adult 75 days
    elder 20 days

I have the elder stage shorter than I want them to live at that stage because almost all of my sims have lived quite a few sim days past the end of their life stage, but never before that day comes, so I set it at the minimum I want them to have as elders, with the expectation they will live longer.

I don't always play with the same lifespan, and I never switch households. How long of a lifespan I use depends on how much I want to do with the household I start out with, but I still want the children and teens to experience all of the seasons in each stage. If I have a gardener, I have been using similar lifespans as for the current game, but have decided that this setting is just right for me. If I have no gardener in the household, I have cut the seasons short so as to have the whole seasonal cycle last only 21 days, sometimes even less, and adjust the stages accordingly, but I probably will stick with a slightly modified version of the current life stages.

When I play my ultimate sim (the one in my avatar), I play on a modified (lengthened but not to the max) epic lifespan.
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I use the information from this link here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/6ellmj/life_spans_and_other_mccc_settings_based_of_real/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

It used a 2010 senses to set MCCC.
    Age is based on the fact that 1 Sim day is equivalent to 3 months based of the fact that a sim is pregnant for 3 days

I also use the other setting for career population pregnancy and pets

I set seasons for two weeks and find they are just long enough without being too long and every sim gets a chance to experience a season at multiple ages and several times.

Therefore
    Babies - 4 days (Birth to 1)
    Toddlers - 16 days (1 to 4)
    Kids - 32 days (5 to 12)
    Teens - 32 days (13 to 21)
    Young Adult - 76 days (21 to 40)
    Adult - 100 days (40 - 65)
    Elder - 56 days (79 - )

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Extended long, if I'm not ready to lose one of my Sims Ill turn them into vampire or use genie wishes for Sims I'm not planning them to be a vampire.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited August 2021
    Thanks guys! I recently got into playing a long, edited lifespan in Sims 4(I've gotten past one full year of seasons now!) and I'm considering that gameplay for Sims* 3. Though I have no pregnancy mods to extend the length. In sims 4 they're pregnant for 12 days. If anyone has info on how to edit pregnancy duration, leave it here, please! <3

*Edited for misspelling Lol!

Another ETA: I'm going to set my sims 3 settings to what I made my Normal Sims 4 settings:

Elders: 56
    Adults: 49
    Young Adults: 42
    Teens: 28
    Children: 28
    Toddlers 14
    Babies: 3
    = 220 days :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited August 2021
    Never mind :cry:
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    My standard lifespan setting:
    Baby: 2 Days
    Toddler: 4 Days
    Child: 56 Days
    Teen: ~126 Days
    Young Adult: ~300 Days
    Adult: ~300 Days
    Elder: ~200 Days
    Up until Teen it's the same across Story and Legacy based Saves. The setting is for Story-Based. In Legacy-Based Saves it's halved that from Teens onwards, so in Legacy Saves it goes like this:
    Teen: 73 Days
    Young Adult: 150 Days
    Adult: 150 Days
    Elder: 100 Days
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Modified Epic
    Baby 183
    Toddler 366
    Child 1278
    Teen 913
    YA 2007
    Adult 6204
    Elder 3468

Total 14419
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • SweetCandy292SweetCandy292 Posts: 21 Member
    Personally lately ive been switching between the long and normal life span, though I started a new challenge which is the runaway teen challenge so I may do the epic life span to keep using her for a while!