The Modern Menswear Kit is available now! Picked it up? Head on over to the Screenshot thread to show off your new creations here
December 3rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

When did you start playing to The Sims ?

13...Next

Comments

• Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 44 Member
    2004 - 2005 : The Sims 2 era
    I began playing right after Sims 2 Nightlife came out and have bought every pack since then O.o
    I've never played TS1 but I'd love to try it some day
  • Ava_da_simmerAva_da_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    2021 and later
    > @LynnPlayz1 said:
    > I'm in the 1%. I don't know how to feel about that lol

So am I! I've only had the sims for a couple of months now and I love it I just wish the expansion packs where cheaper
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 480 Member
    2000 - 2001 : The Sims era
    I had played SimCity from fairly early days, so when I saw The Sims (1), I was so thrilled. I didn't have my own computer for a while so I didn't get to play as much as I liked, until about 2002. Then my computer didn't run Sims 2 well, so I really missed that version, until that complete collection was released. I still love Sims 3 the most and still play.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 403 Member
    > @TARDISgrade said:
    > I started playing TS2 around 2008-2009 I think. Soon afterwards I got TS3, then stopped playing around 2012 because my PC broke and I got a Mac instead.

I started playing the sims when it was just about eating, sleeping, peeing, and i think working (TS1).
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 121 Member
    edited November 2
    2009 - 2010 : The Sims 3 era
    I was a little first grader and started playing Sims 3 right after it was released. I remember going home from school and playing Sims 3 on my mom's potato laptop. The lag and graphics were atrocious, but I still managed to set plenty a sim on fire <3 World Adventures was my first expansion pack, and going through the classic elementary school Egyptology nerd phase I HAD to have it. I also played Sims 1 (+House Party and Livin' Large) occasionally, and god that was a challenge coming from Sims 3, but so much fun and chaos.

One year when I was probably around 9 years old (2011 maybe?) for my birthday and Christmas I asked only for every Sims 1, 2, and 3 expansion pack. Sims 1 and 2 were quite old by this time, so they were very cheap. Sims 3 was still current and pricey, so that was a family effort xD
    Sims 2 was my favorite, and it's the game I've logged the most hours in by far. I still play it the most to this day.

edit: I just thought of my poor lowish-end laptop from that time, running EVERY SINGLE sims game+their expansions. Little thing was a trooper.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 126 Member
    About 2-4 days after launch.
  • RochertRochert Posts: 105 Member
    I don't remember when it was exactly, but I think it was soon after The Sims 3 had released.
    If I have a chance, I'd like to play TS1 and collaborate it with SimCity 4.
    But I wonder that the PC version of TS1 is still available.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
    EA ID: rochert
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 624 Member
    2006 - 2008 (Packs developed by The Sims Studio)
    It's somewhere in 2006-2008 timeframe, I know I started playing the sims when I was either 12 or 13 started with Bustin Out then moved to Medieval when it came out, BTW do spin offs count?
    knowledge is power and power is absolute.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I'm amazed at how long this franchise has been going and also not surprised at the same time. It filled a niche that no other game series did at the time and even today its pretty unique (except for the ones who are copies/dupes of The Sims). Here's hoping it goes on for another 22 years!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 113 Member
    I'm a Sims OG, LOL. In 2000, I got introduced to The Sims by a high school friend. It's hard to believe that I've been playing for 21 years!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 356 Member
    2004 - 2005 : The Sims 2 era
    I started playing it when Sims 2 pets came out, I bought the base game, and the pets expansion. When I loaded it, there were icons that were blanked out, and that is when I realized there was more to it. I still have all the Sims 2, except for Ikea stuff pack and the mansion pack.
    Waited on Sims 3, because I didn't like how the Sims looked, and there were so many packs that they released for it. I wanted to see what Sims 3 had before buying it. I own it now, with some packs I wanted, but sadly my computer can't handle it, so I don't play it as often as I would like.
    Sims 4, I have the base game on my computer, but pretty much everything on my PS4.
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 20 Member
    2014 - 2016 : The Sims 4 era
    I started playing the Sims 3 back in July 2014 and the Sims 4 when it came out. I never have played the Sims 1 or Sims 2.
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 168 Member
    2002 - 2003
    My youngest daughter had played Sims 1 at a friend’s house and begged me to get it for her, which eventually I did. I liked the game and bought a few expansion packs for it too, But it was when Sims 2 came out that I really got hooked and I’ve been playing ever since. I have Sims 2 and all the expansions and Sims 3 and all the expansions and packs, I have Sims 4 and lots of expansions and packs - can’t afford to buy them immediately on release any more but hopefully I’ll get the complete set eventually.
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 460 Member
    Not excactly sure, but I think it was around 2008, borrowing my sister Sims 2 game.. Then sometime later (2010, maybe) I bought my own copy of The Sims 3 and played it for a while, but not to much. I didn't pick it up again until 2016, when I started a new Sunset Valley game, but left that alone to for a good while, until I started playing the same save again in 2020.... So my current Sunset Valley save actually dates back to 2016. ;) However, most of my sims playing has happened in between 2020 and now...

Story threads in the creative forum:
    The people of Simbria - mostly game/Sim driven. A multi-town storyline.
    The Red Winged Angels - mostly plot driven. A tad supernatural...
    That sure is a sorry name for an angel.