Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you are going to do a "Refresh" on Spa Day how about these ideas

redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
  • Vegetarian/Pescetarian/Vegan/Omnivore/Lactose Intolerant Lifestyle Get them out of Traits somehow. It's just wasting a Trait slot
  • Ownable/Manageable Spas
  • Healthy Living Aspiration

Tai Chi - Great for Elder Sims
sims-2-bon-voyage-ss4.jpg

Zen Garden - Perfect for more than one pack
sims2bv-46.jpg

Luxury Mani/Pedi Salons or at least the CAS addition and equipment
d6a308a02d7a8f9e8e4a9dbacc662b80.jpg
Pedicure-Foot-Bath-at-Preston-Wynne.jpg
d0bc6cf2f6a3fbddac6bb38d6b2d1fbe.jpg

Nail Tech NPC
nail-diploma.jpg

Body Wraps
Seaweed-wrap.jpg

Facials
oms-spa-and-facials.jpg

K-Beauty Face Sheets
sheet-mask.jpg

Teeth Whitening
laser-teeth-whitening-in-dental-clinic.jpg

Lash Extensions
russian-full-set.jpg

Waxing Services - Which implies body hair in CAS
leg-waxing.png
landscape_nrm_1425910088-185122393.jpg
MTS_TummyZa-1208197-bodyhair00.jpg

Henna Tattoo Temporary
picnic-2271272_1920.jpg

Smoothie Blender and Juicing
gimage_104451.jpg

New Harvestables - For Smoothies, Juices, Cooking/Baking and other applications
  • Cinnamon - from the Cinnamomum cassia tree
  • Cucumber
  • Ginger
  • Grapefruit Tree
  • Kiwi
  • Lime Tree
  • Orange Tree
  • Turmeric

Chin up Bar
screen16.jpg

Jump Rope
Tutorial+Joe+Jumping+Rope.jpg

Exercise Bike
latest?cb=20111021062016

Fitness Watch
wesoo-fitness-tracker.jpg?itok=w6j1Pssn

Jogging with Dog
man-running-with-dog-on-trail.jpg

Doggie Yoga Namaste
Pug-Yoga1.jpg

Plasma Fruit Soak for bathtubs Exclusively for Vampires
MTS_gwillewyn-589353-BloodBathV3.jpg

Pet Grooming and NPC Groomer - Self Care needn't stop with just the Sims
2b7890476c3038a415f0678b86bb49b7c3c1a50b.jpg
dog-nail-polish-pink.jpg

Yoga Studio as a Lot Designation We already have the mats for it
studio-room.jpg
“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
Post edited by redrogue60 on

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2021
    Why did they choose Spa Day? I know it's one of the older packs but why would it win over other packs? Spa Day was adequate and useful, but nothing special.

Of course there's no way to prove that what was voted for is what got chosen for the update.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Why did they choose Spa Day? I know it's one of the older packs but why would it win over other packs? Spa Day was one of the smaller packs.

Of course there's no way to prove that what was voted for is what got chosen for the update.

I don't think there was a vote. I think they just decided to choose it based on the language they used
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    @Loanet
    They used the key art for the Spa Day pack in the livestream when they were talking about going back and refreshing older content.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Why did they choose Spa Day? I know it's one of the older packs but why would it win over other packs? Spa Day was one of the smaller packs.

I don't think there was a vote. I think they just decided to choose it based on the language they used
    There was a vote for older packs you want to see get a extra polish on the January 2020 survey I remember picking Get to Work Dine Out and Parenting just because I wanted it expanded more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    I always felt like not having an appropriate aspiration or career to tie in with the Wellness skill was a missed opportunity. So I’m hoping they add those. I’d also like to see them add a juicer or blender so we can use the fruits and veggies our Sims have grown to make smoothies.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2021
    The "refresh" they're referring to is not a gameplay/pack overhaul. I believe it's just a couple of bug fixes, important tweaks, very minor necessary additions, and the likes.
    edited August 2021
    I expect it's a little animation smoothing and a few textures to bring the graphics up to date. Maybe one or two extra clothes and furniture they have lying around. Spa Day's yoga sessions could definitely use a little smoothing out by now.

Also, they'd bring it into line with Expansions like Seasons, Eco Lifestyle and Cats&Dogs, make sure the weather affects everything, all the items affect the environment, your animals can lie on all the furniture. Gardening, toddlers, water behaviour, Calendars, lot traits, all added to old worlds.

Maybe the NPCs will visit other worlds than their homes and their AI will be knocked up to date. Strays might wander around other worlds. If you own the right pack, NPCs will be using it, not just the pack they came in. It will definitely be an improvement, but not an addition.

Of course, Spa Day didn't come with a new world or proper NPCs, which makes it very easy to update, and its graphics are what, 5 years old, so we'll definitely see a difference. Mindless massagers might actually be turned into actual people, so of course you'll see a difference there too.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    Plasma Fruit Soak for bathtubs
    oooooooooooo this. now this is something that would be fairly simple not very intrusive thing but add for the dark storytelling and i am all for it

and if it is spa day as they made it sound like then i feel like maybe they wanted to start this project small and they improve other packs later too

because I really can't imagine spa day was most voted in that survey when they asked what they should improve

personally i think if i were to add new something to spa day in specific tho:

1. couple/paired/ with kids or pets yoga
    random thought but imagine the fun

2. better saunas.
    I get it they wanted to make simple one but as finnish bean..... slightly disappointing... so many different saunas one could have built... oh well.

3. 2 sim tub. ;) for sims that just want bit bigger bathtub but not whole hot tub

3. managing spa for people who like that kinda stuff(i mean why not)

4. choosing who works in specific spas because well lets just say im bit done with landgraabs taking part-time jobs as spa staff

5. option to set objects non useable because spas with meditation or yoga outside turn into death traps at winter

6.yoga anywhere (no mat required)
    though it should not be something sims do autonomously cause that'd be problematic :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »

though it should not be something sims do autonomously cause that'd be problematic :sweat_smile:

Maybe it could be something you learn to do after a few levels of training - learn it at level 6.

And we could use a Flirty and Playful Yoga session too. Yoga has a chance to make you confident so that's okay.
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    If they're going to add waxing as a service, this could be the perfect opportunity for them to finally introduce body hair as a CAS option... 🤔
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Wait THIS is the pack they are going back to work on..? Huh? If anything this game pack is one of the heftier ones surely..? A new aspiration is the only thing that potentially was missing..

Most of the new suggestions from OP could be made into a new pack imo, like a salon/mall pack maybe? We defo need a community lot overhaul at some point 🙄
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    why spa day a pack that would be worth refreashing is the laundry day pack by adding a top load washer with matching dryer to the pack honestly have no idea why that pack was chosen since i rarely send as a player my sims to a spa
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Simmingal wrote: »
    Plasma Fruit Soak for bathtubs
    oooooooooooo this. now this is something that would be fairly simple not very intrusive thing but add for the dark storytelling and i am all for it

and if it is spa day as they made it sound like then i feel like maybe they wanted to start this project small and they improve other packs later too

because I really can't imagine spa day was most voted in that survey when they asked what they should improve

personally i think if i were to add new something to spa day in specific tho:

1. couple/paired/ with kids or pets yoga
    random thought but imagine the fun

2. better saunas.
    I get it they wanted to make simple one but as finnish bean..... slightly disappointing... so many different saunas one could have built... oh well.

3. 2 sim tub. ;) for sims that just want bit bigger bathtub but not whole hot tub

3. managing spa for people who like that kinda stuff(i mean why not)

4. choosing who works in specific spas because well lets just say im bit done with landgraabs taking part-time jobs as spa staff

5. option to set objects non useable because spas with meditation or yoga outside turn into death traps at winter

I can get behind all of this
    why spa day a pack that would be worth refreashing is the laundry day pack by adding a top load washer with matching dryer to the pack honestly have no idea why that pack was chosen since i rarely send as a player my sims to a spa

Perhaps you should make your own thread and make the suggestion on it. Then you can have others comment on why they don't see what you would like as relevant because it isn't relevant to them and then offer up one single idea for the pack they like to have refreshed.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Love the mani/pedi idea! I always wanted fingernails in The Sims that weren't CC. So, even if it's just a rabbit hole type thing and our sims come home with nails, I'd take it.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    These are really good suggestions! I don't have Spa Day yet, but some of these things would definitely push me to buy it, especially the Tai Chi.
    I like how you've incorporated other packs, like Cats and Dogs and Vampires. :smile:
    edited August 2021
    These are really good suggestions! I don't have Spa Day yet, but some of these things would definitely push me to buy it, especially the Tai Chi.
    I like how you've incorporated other packs, like Cats and Dogs and Vampires. :smile:
    I was trying to expand my thinking into ideas that would benefit not just one pack but others to give nods to things other people care about, not just the things I do. I figure thats fair.
    edited August 2021
    They're working on Spa Day because it's an older pack, not because it needs work.

They'll be touching up animations and textures and code. Making it so that the Expansions like Eco Living, Cats&Dogs and Seasons fit into it. At most we might get a skin or two, maybe a couple of decor items or CAS. It's so old most people have it anyway, so why would they need to add anything new?
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Ideally, just add an aspiration like "be the most zen" where you master yoga and meditation and get lots of massages etc. I would also LOVE to be able to have some "mundane" jobs for active household "in world" sims where they work at lots as service NPC's (adding to the overall number of jobs in the game) and show up in those roles when playing other households. Imagine having "yoga teacher" and "masseuse" be jobs our played sims could have. Imagine having a crush on the girl next door who you know is the yoga teacher at the spa, so you go to her class? Perhaps these new careers could even function as active careers where we can follow sims to work at the spa and teach a yoga class or give massages?! THAT would be awesome!!
    They're working on Spa Day because it's an older pack, not because it needs work.

They'll be touching up animations and textures and code. Making it so that the Expansions like Eco Living, Cats&Dogs and Seasons fit into it. At most we might get a skin or two, maybe a couple of decor items or CAS. It's so old most people have it anyway, so why would they need to add anything new?

You don't like new things?
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    With the beauty masks and stuff there could be like skin care routines and acne, you could turn off acne in settings if you find it annoying but it would be nice to have the option for it.
    With the beauty masks and stuff there could be like skin care routines and acne, you could turn off acne in settings if you find it annoying but it would be nice to have the option for it.

I like it
    edited September 2021
    Called it. Im glad we are getting the Mani/pedis and the facial masks