Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help With Errand Problem!!

DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
I was doing an errand for the grocery stall holder where I needed to cook eggplant and cheese and also pumpkin scones but every time I try to give them to her it says I don’t have the pumpkin scones when I do I have both in my inventory. Anyone’s else had this problem? Please help me 😊😊
Post edited by DarkLady2788 on

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2021
    @DarkLady2788 You should name the topic more descriptively. Something like: "Help!! Errand Problem in Cottage Living". ;)

Anyways, I have not had that glitch yet. It is interesting and a bit tricky to run the errands. It shows up like aspirations or job/school goals like "Do homework" on what is accomplished and what to do next. I'm still a newb at "Cottage Living" myself. :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q thanks for the reply I’m a total Newb at it 😂 even asked one of my mates how she did it and she told me she has never had that errand
  • Options
    reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    Are you trying to give her a single serving? It won't work if you have a family or party size serving in your inventory.
  • Options
    @reggikko Well the eggplant cheese thing is a single serving but the pumpkin scones you don’t get an opinion for a single serving
  • Options
    reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    If you put the plate down, then choose "pick up a serving" it will put a single serving in your Sim's inventory and you should then be able to complete the errand.
  • Options
    @reggikko never thought about that 😂 thanks for the help 😊
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    reggikko wrote: »
    If you put the plate down, then choose "pick up a serving" it will put a single serving in your Sim's inventory and you should then be able to complete the errand.

Actually yes. I had to do that with cheese. Cecelia was running errands for a grocer. I kept ordering cheese at the bar, but right away she would start eating it, ruining it, haha! So ordered 2, then when the second one was on the table, used the "pick up serving" which put it un-touched into her personal inventory.

Probably an easier way to do it, but hey, part of the fun of this game is figuring things out. ;)
    When stuck on something, never hurts to ask other players though, of course.
    We are the Simmers community. :pB)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oh - a single serving of the pumpkin scones, as well as the aubergine parm? Thank goodness I read this - that saved me a third trip back to Michael Bell in the Bramblewood. The first time, I forgot the scones entirely. I was going to bring him a plate of those and a single eggplant parm when I next loaded that save. Picky, picky! :D
  • Options
    DeboraKaeDeboraKae Posts: 176 Member
    reggikko wrote: »
    THANK YOU!! I made 3 batches, reset my Sim.. on and on.. this is an amazing help! I have goosebumps I am so glad to be done with that task!!
  • Options
    simsuncensoredsimsuncensored Posts: 5 New Member
    I had the same problem with delivering cheese.
    After reading this post I clicked the cheese in my inventory and it let me pick up a serving right from my inventory and it went back into my inventory. I was then finally able to complete the errand. Yay, ty.