Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You Are Cordially Invited To Your Own Deathday Party!

This has got to be a bug, right? In this screenshot, Dmitry (the elder) has a birthday scheduled for a week from Sunday (10 days after he turned from adult to elder on the Thursday right before the calendar starts.)

Trouble is...he's an elder. The next "birthday" is his Deathday (assuming, of course, that he doesn't die of something else in the meantime.)

So the game is explicitly telling me when a sim will die. That...can't be right. I thought for sure that information used to be hidden. Maybe the recent update to how the calendar works broke that?

Fun side note: Dmitry Markov was the founding sim of my save—his Simology panel says he's lived for 1,113 days. That's kind of a cool piece of world trivia. (also fun is that the household is worth over 4.5 million simoleons...compound interest from 2 sims with the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration reward is a heckuva drug.)

DM9BZ4P.jpg
(he/him)
And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
My NBA site, Pace and Space

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    That's very interesting. I only have one Sim in my current game who is an Elder. I shall now have to check out the calendar to see if his upcoming "birthday" has also been noted. Oi! That's almost creepy on the one side. Most of us don't have an expiration tag on us. We go when we go. :open_mouth: Reservations unnecessary, generally. Wow.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, he will at least be able to put his affairs in order :)
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I use MCCC to tell me how many days my elder has left. If you click on the sim, then mccc, it will tell you how many days they have left in the sim info. Also, when you get the notice to get their affairs in order, they USUALLY pass 24 hours later, sometimes sooner or later. I always note the time I get that notice so I can make sure they are home with their family or call the family over if they live alone. I never thought to check the calendar. I will do that next time to see if it matches the time that mccc gives.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I've seen this happen once or twice, usually right after a sim ages up to elder. The next time I opened the calendar the "death day" was no longer visible.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    What happens when he blows the candles on the Birthday Cake? That would be a memorable birthday :D:D
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    What happens when he blows the candles on the Birthday Cake? That would be a memorable birthday :D:D

Everybody gathers round and sings...

Happy Deathday to you
    The Reaper's here too
    Have fun up in Heaven*
    Happy Deathday to you

*or, for the more mischievous among the sims, "Have fun down in Hades" can be substituted.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @ACruelButLovingGod LOL that song's hilarious & will probably be stuck in my head for a good part of the day :smiley:
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited August 2021
    Ah, so you know the day the sim's time is up. That's the greatest knowledge ever as you know when to wrap up those unfinished businesses.

Plan ahead.

Edit. I just looked into my own game and saw none of the elders' birthday day on calendar. Lifespan is set on short. So I have to keep my eye on the aging bar, which I may always misread, thus making me not make plans that can be completed. In short, I wanna that too!