Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack needs improving the most?

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Other...
    After just coming from the Journey to Batuu Positive Thread, I have one more refresh idea. First off, it would be nice if they add a costume category to CAS.

Dine Out: That is the one thing I feel my Star Wars themed restaurant is missing. I want all the guest to have on Star Wars attire when they dine.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Dine Out
    I think every pack could have some love - lots of posts in this thread stand up for that! So I don't really have anything particularly clever to add; I just went with Dine Out as the first one because for me, the bugs have stood out in my live mode sessions more times than I care to think about! And then literally everything @logion and @carpe_diem said on the first page about the pack ring true for what I'd like to see.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Other...
    Dream Home Decorator: You know how when you rent an apartment in San Myshuno there is only one apartment manager. Dream Home Decorator needs one Property Manager to be there when you arrive at commercial builds instead of having various Sims show up on behalf of the owner.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited September 2021
    Dine Out
    Dine Out, mostly because it is broken six ways to Sunday right now.
    I also think Get to Work needs a bit of a refurb as it feels kind of barebones in comparison to later/newer packs, same with Outdoor retreat. Basically, every pack on this list needs to be expanded and repaired in one way or another. Most of all, I think that ALL of the features that have been nerfed need to be un-nerfed, and returned to the game, just saying. :wink:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Dine Out
    > @JunkyPoem said:

> Game Pack that needs the most help: Dine Out. Instead of enabling sims to bond with others over a meal, it's a stressful, lousy experience. Your sim goes to brunch & by the time the order has been cooked/eaten/paid for, it's 8pm? This time she goes out with friends, no one stays at the assigned table, no one eats their food, no one shows up? Better yet, she get asked out by her boyfriend, but she has to pay? And lastly, the perfect dinner served in a timely manner with excellent food & good conversation. She goes home happy & wakes up fat.
    >
    > So, please Sims team, overhaul the meal/appetizer calories, total dining time and weird townie intrusion (the uninvited stalk your table, all meal long). While you're at it, a smaller gourmet chef station would be nice. So hard trying to fit the existing in home kitchens to serve experimental dishes. And let's refresh the Drink menu to include a champagne flute of bubbles. It'd be great for our brunches, promotions, receptions, graduations.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out. Restaurants are so buggy they're unplayable. I never eat out because it ends up taking all day for them to eat brunch.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Get to Work
    Wow, the least voted on pack is the first one being refreshed. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Drak_AngelDrak_Angel Posts: 1,618 Member
    Island Living
    1. Genetics

They removed actual genetics, dominant and recessive genes that can go down and skip generations. I have couple one is Japanese with dark/black hair and brown eyes and the other is mixed/black with red hair and hazel/green eyes. Almost ALL their children are born with red hair. That shouldn't even be a possibility. 2 of their children were born with blond hair... BLOND 🤦🏾‍♀️ and the new skintones will almost always pick skintone colors that are closer to the black parent's color than somewhere in-between.

2. General gameplay

It would be nice... REALLY nice if sims from each world spoke a different language and sims couldn't communicate unless they learned the other language(s).

3. Jobs
    We receive too many calls for job offers. Maybe create a job search that we receive email offers for instead.
    If my sim leaves their high level job, and do a different job and later go back to the other, THEY SHOULD START AT THE SAME LEVEL or close to it.

4.More lot locations
    In old worlds and make the vacation locations livable!

5. We should be able to go to the hospital and have real actual illnesses that can kill us.

The police need to actually arrest ppl and the ppl that are arrested are ACTUALLY ARRESTED... you do not see them walking around town when you leave work!

We have super villain but no superheroes...

6. For llamas! Make it make sense! This, is a travesty for us nonmeat eaters...

Fix the faux meat for all meat meals to be made vegetarian/vegan! Why am I allowed to use the fake meat on meat meals, but my vegetarian sim gets sick of they eat said vegetarian meal 🥴🥴🥴🥴 the food options need to be integrated with all the packs if they add a new feature in a new pack that goes with something in another pack. Update the items from the old pack! If you add meat alternatives to one pack, the foods from all the others need updating so that when the player buys said pack, the other foods WORK with the new forms of faux meat (in this case eco-lifestyle and cottage living). Common sense 🤧

8. Give us back the burglar!

9. Mermaids need a major update... they're boring. I love island living, but it's missing a lot... and the mermaids can't kill ppl... boooo (same for vampires... boooo)

10. Allow us to choose who can come in and out of our houses. I'm tired of having to remember to lock and unlock the door bc I let someone in and now randoms are coming into my house 😒

11. Reinstate the makeup lock!

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of readding the makeup to my sims!

12. Allow us to choose more than 1 option from the same category in skin detail/tattoos/and face paint categories

13. presets/slider

More presets with a more broad range of facial physical traits from around the world. More sliders also (for like, the neck).

It would be really awesome 👌🏾 if you guys gave us back the option to actually SEE our sliders!!! THIS push pull thing is tiring 😫 lol we forget where sliders are on the sim and/or have a hard time grasping the different locations of the sliders! Plus it allows the player better control of the finished product in cas.

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Island Living
    Though I think most of the packs need more, I chose Island Living. I think of all previous iteration comparisons, IL shows Sims 4 at its most shallow compared to what we had previously. Active lifeguard career vs rabbit hole? Underground dive lots with fish catching, treasure hunting, and shark fighting vs, well, rabbit hole? Resorts you can run yourself or just visit vs, well, nothing?

Island Paradise is probably my favorite Sims 4 pack, but I wish it had more.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Get Famous
    Island living - add surfing, underwater diving, secret mermaid grotto lot, more mermaid gameplay including kids and toddlers, add honeymoon event.

Get to work - add the ability to play every npc career as an active career ie my sim is bartender at rattlesnake juice and goes there to make drinks and socialize with customers on days I choose to follow them to work or my sim is fireman and I follow him to houses in world and out out fires if I follow him to work. Add ability to start home business and live on same lot. Add ability to own commercial lots and get paid rent. Ability to own and rent out residential lots to other sims and be landlord. Add sixam world and more alien items and gameplay!!!

Get famous - add bands. Add another beach front California style neighborhood. Add all npc careers like makeup stylist bouncer etc as active careers available to played sims. Add option to restrict sims to their respective worlds. (Add option to restrict not in world sims to a world)

Outdoor retreat - add hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, bug spawners, rock climbing, and make all destination worlds livable!!! Add ability to be ranger or bear for active careers.

University - update for rotational play, ability to take out loans even if not attending university, add private school for kids and teens

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Sorry to break the hard news, EA, but a breakfast menu is not going to have hamburgers, franks & beans, or steak. In the portion of the RL Simverse where I live the lunch menu is cheaper than the dinner one, even if the items are the same, which would be another tuning item. How about adding meat pies to the lunch & dinner menus? To really throw a spanner into the monkey works, TS1 varied the restaurant type according to the host station used. There were 2 kinds, one giving a 50's diner feel with menu and staff uniforms to match; while the other was more in line with restaurant type seen in TS 2 & 4. One more and I'm done. How about an old-fashioned soda fountain? You know, those places that specialized in things like ice cream (in a dish, sundaes, sodas, milkshakes, floats, frappes, banana splits, etc) either alone or with a simple meal (burgers, hot dogs, basic sandwiches).

1) Disagree about the breakfast menu; I know several restaurants in real life that serve their full menu all day long. You can also easily create a restaurant that's all breakfast items or one with no breakfast items if you want to keep them separate, but I like having the option to have the full menu.

2) Agree about the pricing for the lunch menu vs. the dinner menu, though.

3) don't think there's anything stopping you from making your own soda fountain type restaurant; I made something basically like that in my game.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Parenthood
    I voted for Parenthood as they do actually not improve the pack in the sense of fixing bugs, but they add new features and more variety. With that in mind, I voted for the pack theme I'm most interested in (besides horses that is, which will definately never come as a pack refresh).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Get to Work
    Refreshing content I could see being added to GtW
    -Expand the alien world, maybe a secret alien buildable lot like the SE Mt.
    -Make aliens better- CAS clothing, special objects, furniture
    -Improve retail shopping
    -Expand Magnolia Promenade
    -Make the hospital useable or give us an option like C&D vet system
    -Longer sicknesses. Some illnessescan only be cured at the hospital but you can still send a sim alone

This would be a good time to give us a base game pregnancy/baby update also.

If the refresh had to be a GP I would go with Dine Out and not because of bugs. Bugs should be addressed without a refresh.
  • Options
    lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor retreat or get to work. They are just too simple compared to newer packs. You can tell they are the first packs.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out. It has so many bugs that needs to be fixed. Also would like to see Get to Work to be expanded upon. Such as adding burglars and giving us a firefighter career (could be for base game; but think it would be better if more interactive like the other careers and can run a fire station where sims can stay in for a few days and deal with different emergencies). Also with singing in City Living, turn that into an actual career.

Not sure what they can really do for Outdoor Retreat and rarely go to that world anyways.
  • Options
    sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    OR hands down. I think their approach to paid content was different when they first released it (or rather, EA was giving the sims team a smaller budget)

I really do not have big expectations, I would just love to have more activities specific to camping because as of now, a cabin in the woods does not feel different to my sims' home lot/. Hell, they can't even take a walk /together/ and chat while at it.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Get to Work
    It's super interesting that I am in agreement with the top three results in the poll. I am surprised Dine Out wins over Get to Work, but I agree on both followed by Outdoor Retreat, primarily because there is a gorgeous lake in one of two vacation worlds, and it hasn't been opened up for swimming. That should be on their list I feel like. At least, the vacation worlds should get that update. It' actually be nice if they could add a "beach lot" to that spot. It's perfect for it.

Anyhoo. I understand why people want Dine Out fixed but that is more of a fixing problem than a "refresh" no? I honestly haven't done much with it beyond visiting them, so I don't know how versatile it is with the new add on packs but I would imagine it's all integrated no? I do get the 4 Horus for dinner to be delivered. The game seemingly coded it where the food is delivered by guest's order time and it really should be re-coded so that the active family *sits down* and gets primary queue for food because otherwise it's a 10 hour ordeal to do 3 courses and not worth trying. lol plus they get too fat tooo quick so I always do only 2 haha

But I feel like in reality, Get To Work needs this same level attention. They tried to create 2 expansion packs into one on that one and it still shows. I can't imagine having bought it in 2015 and still seeing the same jailbirds since then in your saves. I have only one household experience with it so far and I'm already over it after "5 sim years" lol
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Get to Work
    Considering what was done with Spa Day, I do have high hopes for the next refresh. While Outdoor Retreat could use some love, Get to Work needs aspirations and skills. I would also love for doctors to be able to have an office at home -- they get the furniture as rewards already. And it would be great if a detective Sim could become a private eye.
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    There's nothing to do in OR, so I'll welcome more options
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    Get to Work
    With Get To Work being the oldest Expansion, it's probably a good idea to do that first. It's a good idea to do the packs in order.

I've no doubt Dine Out could use some improvements though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Dine Out
    I wonder if the teams are going to refresh the game packs first then move on to the expansions? Or are we going to see a mix of the two as time goes by? We all agree there are features in both style of packs that need some work. Hopefully, the old bugs will be taken care of along the way which would help cut down the number of bug-fixing mods I use. But if they are doing the GPs first, I'd love to see OR get some love because it needs more outdoor activities like hiking together. The B/B assets need some updating as well. But at the moment, I use Dine Out a lot more than OR even though it has more issues than OR does. In that context, I have to vote for Dine Out to be next one on the list to get a refresh.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Dine Out
    To add to my Dine out vote, am getting quite peeved that chefs take 5-10 real life minutes to get into the kitchen, standing outside instead of going in to work. Not acceptable! Didn't used to be this way, either. Wait staff not cleaning up the tables pales in comparison.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2021
    Island Living
    Any pack refreshes are great imo since it's extra content, so I won't complain if they add stuff to packs I care less about (unless it's Journey to Batu). These are the main packs I would like to get updates:

1) Island Living:
    I mean, I truly want scuba diving lots but I don't think EA would do that since it would require too many changes to the world - unless diving is like choosing "travel to..." when clicking on an unloaded lot in a neighbourhood and this loads you into an underwater lot that technically counts as a "hidden" neighbourhood (like the hospital and police station in GTW).
    • craft things from shells, pearls, starfish and coral (jewelry, artsy sculptures) - this is the most important to me since the collectables feel useless and I want to be able to decorate my sims' homes and shops with more unique-feeling nautical things (think Spongebob Shell City, but less ominous)
    • messages in bottles, ships in bottles
    • small sea life like starfish and corals can be added to aquariums
    • more nautical decor and sculptures (fish, coral, boats, mermaids on rocks etc.) - the lack of nautical decor makes it less fun to build resorts and themed buildings
    • more nautical furniture (ocean-themed chess board, kids bed that looks like ship, jellyfish lanterns, aquarium light (lava lamp with plastic fish in it), armchairs and beds with shell/starfish cushions, table with nautical table cloth etc.) and more tropical wallpapers and floors (palm tree murals, ocean murals, reef murals, shell-themed wall and floor tiles, tropical woven wood/palm leaf/reed patterns etc.)
    • ocean TV channel
    • more marine biology career gameplay (more scientific analysis, reports can optionally be named like books, marine biology books and reports have to be read, give awareness speeches (rabbit-hole) etc.
    • kids sea scouts (can be a warm-up for the marine biology career)
    • volunteer as a part-time worker at aquarium (rabbit-hole)
    • more science-y ocean wall art (diagrams and sketches), cute kids-themed tropical wall art (octopus reading book etc.) and model sculptures (fish, dolphins etc. anatomy like in GTW that has a little human anatomy sculpture)
    • surfboard fence and decor
    • option to make lifeguard career active
    • cute tropical store retail signs (groceries, books)
    • hydrophobic trait, water like/dislike
    • update pet fish system
    • lie on towel on sand -> add beach umbrella to protect from sun, plop down radio and relax to tunes, read book, nap etc.
    • more mermaid gameplay - would be easier if scuba diving lots existed but mermaids could be made more meaningful by adding varieties of mermaids that are not only limited to the ocean, such as "river mermaids" that can swim and live in swimmable freshwater lakes and rivers in other worlds, "mud mermaids" that like swampy water (ex. Willow Creek) and have tails/gills that make them look more like the Creature of the Black Lagoon etc; freshwater/swamp mermaids can call upon fish, frogs and crocodiles etc; mermaids in Windenburg have a relation to the sea monster etc.

2) Get To Work:
    • grocery store items such as display crates for fruit/veg
      zLV1Ba8.jpg
    • more clothing shop items such as changing station floor item (build own changing room) and seats to try on shoes, clothing racks, sunglasses racks, shoe racks
      meWTLSr.jpg
    • more beauty and drugstore decor such as makeup, skincare, lotions, medications
    • station to give out free samples
    • ability to sell certain services at a retail store (ex. charge a sim to give them a makeover with GF makeup chair, give sims treatments with SD etc.)
    • more cash registers, old-fashioned options such as clipboards instead of only tablets etc.
    • home business (business on residential lot)
    • shopping bags (transport item into bag when picked, can pick multiple items)
    • things sims buy actually go into their inventory after buying and are used if appropriate (ex. use bicycle, umbrella, wear outfit etc)
    • shopaholic trait, frugal trait, shopping like/dislike, entrepreneurial trait
    • own real estate and optionally add entrance fees for venues, earn weekly revenue, hold custom events (ex. elderly night at lounge, charity fundraiser etc.) - this also means sims can own more than one residential lot, either as an additional home or to rent it out to others (rental lot).
    • visit hospital and police station outside of the careers (add that neighbourhood to the map and make it accessible)
    • add more variety of cases and activities to the police/detective career
    • add a fire department building and a fireman career
    • hospital: pregnant sims can get ultrasounds and find out the baby's sex
    • illness update: get treated at hospital, get flu shots, certain illnesses may lead to death if left untreated for long enough
    • germophobe trait
    • Master Doctor aspiration, Detective Mastermind aspiration, Mad Scientist aspiration.
    • alien occult like/dislike, technophile trait, technophobe trait
    • non-scientists can also make inventions and use the equipment currently tied to the career

3) Dine Out:
    • be a chef or waiter (can tie in with part-time rabbit-hole fast food career), barista or bartender at a restaurant
    • ability to hire family members
    • more booths!! Preferably sectional (as in Home Decorator) - I often want to use booths but they're to chunky, big and difficult to create any sort of custom layout.
    • option for take-away orders
    • tie in with celebrity system (celebrity customers and critics)
    • tie in more with food critic career (CL)
    • kid birthday party events, activities, singing by staff (embarrassing), bouncy house, milkshakes
      v13hDEd.jpg
    • restaurant community lot dislike/like
    • lot challenge: fresh ingredients (can only cook food if the ingredients are in stock; can make this even more difficult for self by trying to freshly grow all ingredients on the restaurant lot for an additional bonus)
    • home business (restaurant is on residential lot)
    • restaurant competition events may come up (submit a dish to a cooking competition, take part in a cooking show etc. (rabbit holes))
    • Restaurant Empire aspiration (franchise), World-Famous Luxury Restaurant aspiration (5-star restaurant that has a very high lot value, celebrity customers etc.)

4) Vampires:
    • plasma fruit nectars and nectar-making
    • fancy plasma fruit jellies, mousse and "caviar"
    • vampire feast party (normal feast/dinner party with entertainment but with plasma fruit or sim plasma based foods and drinks)
    • more historic outfits
    • more (optional) dire consequences if not hiding your vampire identity: sims maybe freaking out when they find out and being scared of you, sims creating petitions for you to move, "mobs" of sims protesting outside your house with anti-vampire posters (as well as the odd pitchfork and torch), sims that know you're a vampire might become suspicious of you and protest at your house if a sim goes missing for a few days (if a sim is trapped in your basement etc.); on rare occasions, sims might break into your house and place garlic around it
    • vampire occult dislike/like

6) Outdoor Retreat
    • add placeable spawners for insects and plants, or at the very least insects, so we can do herbalism in other worlds without having to spend ages in Granite Falls - this is especially useful when playing survival/historical saves where grilled insects caught in the wild is a useful food source.

7) City Living
    • ability to build our own apartments, townhouses etc. in all worlds.
    • online dating
    • love gurus aren't limited to festivals - they may pop up around the city and other worlds with a wagon and give love advise, match-make, sell love concoctions etc.

8) Get Famous
    • bands

Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I said Outdoor Retreat. It was the first GP and it hasn't aged well. Herbalism relys on Granite Falls so you can get the harvestables as well as collect insects but you can't just visit GF you have to go on vacation. There also isn't a whole lot to do that can't be done at home. Their needs to be more stuff specific to GFs that makes it worth visiting.

These other packs also need work
    Get to Work - The careers need more depth, retail needs more control and ways to define your shop and how it functions, aliens are very bare and due to abductions frequency changes I never experience a abduction. Also maybe a new shopping District but one for Oasis Springs.

Island Living - Underwhelming, I want an active lifeguard career and active underwater scuba diving. Also surfing in the ocean and a wave machine to plopped down.

Parenthood - Personally for me it needs more gameplay. Parenting is great but I still want more for my families to do together.

Snowy Escape - More activities at festivals. That water ball game I see in animes would be great for the festival of youth. For the festival of lights let sims purchase lanterns to toss up into the air, snow festival could have a ice sculpting competitions. A winter/extreme sports career.

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous, because I want bands and lead singers. They should've included this with GF from the start.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.