Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack needs improving the most?

Comments

• Options
    Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    Other...
    Cats and dogs (I don't own the pack)
    I don't mind that you can't control the pets what I really want is an update on is the UI. The fact that you can't keep track of what they learn and you can't see the needs seems very unfinished.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Get Famous
    Dine Out is glitchy but Get Famous could use a bigger world update. It came at a point where we've gotten so many packs, it should've been one of the best yet it feels like Get To Work even though I love that one.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't really count bug-squashing as a refresh, especially since we've seen pack-specific bug squashing before. I'm going to go with packs that need additional content or updates to help it match up with other packs.
    • Outdoor Retreat was shallow from the get-go. Nearly everything the pack offers can be done in your own backyard, and it's much easier, cheaper and fun than going to Granite Falls and wasting away in a shack. Vacationing in any world, and Snowy Escape getting tents killed the only niches this pack had.
    • RoM's spells are woefully underdeveloped. You can basically do the science career and do much of what spellcasters can do, with less effort. Alchemy potions are, by and large, useless and add almost nothing. Familiars are garbage and are pretty much useless, since you have to actively work towards killing your sim with magical overload. It's not a shallow pack, but it has a lot of unreached potential, and I doubt its shortcomings will be covered in future packs.
    • Discover University is in desperate need of a re-tuning. 3 sim weeks is too long for a degree, and getting a job early ends up being more fulfilling and helpful in the long run. There's also not much to do with campus life; you can't really party, classes are rabbit holes, pranks are small and meaningless, dorm life seems objectively inferior staying at home.
    • Island Living.

I'd say OR or IL are the ones that need improving the most. But RoM is the one that deserves improvement the most.

I pretty much agree with this.

I chose RoM because magic has huge potential and it should have been a dedicated EP. I think that's why so many people were kind of disappointed. Not because the pack itself is bad, but because there's so much more it could have been. Vampires make sense in a GP and that's why that pack is awesome as it is. But magic... such a lost opportunity.

I also think Island Living should have had at least one underwater lot and some Mermaid style furniture. Come on man, you put Mermaids in the pack and didn't give them any specific stuff or special lot? They could have put that Conservationist career into Eco Lifestyle (where it would fit in perfectly) and made more water/Mermaid stuff. This is why the large packs don't feel cohesive. They aren't.

I think Outdoor Retreat might be the one they are revisiting and refreshing soon. This does make sense. The pack seems kind of lame next to the other GPs and definitely needs more substance.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat was their first attempt at a game pack and it really, really shows.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Parenthood
    I find it very hard to chose as long as we don't know what kind off stuff EA is ready to deepen with these new pack refreshes.

I figure there'll be limits, but we don't know them yet. So I'm gonna refrain from voting here until I get an idea of what the are exactly refreshing. I mean if it's hair and clothes, my answer will be different from when it's actually making changes to the world or adding new core gameplay.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I just got Outdoor Retreat and the thing that came to mind was Campers, RVS, Hippie Busses, Camper Hook ups/, marine sports and activities (Boats, rafting. canoeing, wind surfing, water skiing, jet ski and tubes. More stuff for off grid living. I've been enjoying the Rags-To-Riches challenge. I also just got the Bowling stuff and I was happy to give my Sims another place to go hang out and socialize. So, I would like to see more places for my sims to hang out like Skating Rinks etc.. As someone who has worked at a campground and lives near a State Park, I personally enjoy the Outdoor Retreat Pack and would like to see more outdoor stuff to do.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Dine Out
    It's buggy. I had to install mod for sims to finish their drink and meal. Without the mod they would finish drink first and leave meal untouched, because drinking canceled eating.
  • Options
    Kenny_vanCullenKenny_vanCullen Posts: 23 Member
    Get to Work
    I love the concept of Get To Work, especially because I like playing 1-Sim-Households and it's boring to have them disappear and have nothing to do until they're back. That being said, the scientist career is the only one I actually enjoy playing, the medical career is just painfully boring and the detective career doesn't work for me at all. I can't see them doing this, but I'd love to have more active careers added, like the firefighter career, the babysitter/daycare career, or new ones, maybe a nursery home carer, teacher, or builder one (builder not like the dream home decorater, but rather like working on a construction site or doing plumbing or that sort of thing).
  • Options
    Kenny_vanCullenKenny_vanCullen Posts: 23 Member
    Get to Work
    Also, this isn't a pack really, but the Bust The Dust Kit desperately needs to add a sweeping/broom option for Off-The-Grid lots.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Get to Work
    I have to say Get to Work, Not that it is a bad pack, but once you reach the hight of the career there is not much you can do. Although I keep adding to the Sims Lab with robot making station, and the maker thingy from eco living. But I wish you could combine those things into the scinetist career
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Dine Out
    I really like both Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day, the two likely candidates for this pack "refresh" and I actually still use them a fair bit. My outdoorsy sims love to camp, and I have plenty of spoiled socialites and hippy types who love to use both the spa (especially the fancy baths and massages) and the yoga/ wellness features of that pack. That doesn't mean I don't think they can be improved and I have some ideas how.

OR could be improved by allowing the unique plants and insects from that pack to spawn elsewhere in the residential worlds (especially the insects because you can take the plants home to your sim's garden). Group hiking (like the naturalist hike in Freetime or the hiking feature in Snowy Escape) and a swimming hole in Granite Falls should be introduced to the pack. Perhaps there could also be a unique venue like the Lodge in Three Lakes (from TS2 BV) with some new group games or activities for sims to participate in together (beyond the horseshoe throwing game, I mean). They could bring in one-person kayaks or two-people canoes, and have Sims paddle around and sightsee together with new moodlets and boosts. We could have axe throwing again or, even better, archery. Stargazing and Cloudgazing are a wonderful way to raise both social and relationship, so maybe they could add a few more activities like that for sims to do together. I would also love it if there were some special activities just for kids, like if maybe they could do bug collecting or create an ant farm or participate in some summer-camp like activities and crafts just for them. Finally, there is already an aspiration that came with this gamepack, but maybe a new trait for Sims or new lot traits or lot challenges could also be included in the pack to spice things up a bit.

For the Spa, I can think of a couple of things that could easily be added which would improve it even further. There could be facials and manicures/pedicures as well as foot and hand massages. (Perhaps they could even add a new category under accessories for nail colouring and designs). There could be a package where a sim could get everything possible done to them and wind up with fully refreshed needs, special bonuses and unique boosts as a result, as used to happen in Sims 3 when your sim paid for the full treatment at the Spa. There could be couples' massages and joint, private Yoga classes just for the two. The developers could make it so that a sim could own and run a Spa, kind of like a mini-resort (but just for the day: I strongly believe hotels and resorts should come in their own pack so that they are done properly and fully with their own vacation world). They could add a new aspiration "Healthy Lifestyle" or something like that, which could allow for a sim to be healthy in both body and mind, or even a new trait ("Health-nut" or whatever), and maybe a new lot trait or two (since the pack was created before there were even lot traits).

Of course, I still think that Dine Out is the pack that needs the most improvement. But I will save my thoughts on that for when they decide to upgrade that pack, which doesn't seem likely from the clues they've dropped this time.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2021
    Get to Work
    1. For Retail, I really would love for my sims to set up shop in their home. When I play a different household I want them to be able to buy from other's home base businesses.
    2. The detective career....I feel like it's still bugged. Not sure. Is it still hard to find the suspect?
    3. Aliens need more cool powers.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2021
    Outdoor Retreat
    I don't think the pack refresh should be used for fixing bugs, those should be fixed on another time. The pack refresh should be adding something new. Also (despite bugs) Dine Out is my favourite GP, so that's another reason why it took my by surprise seeing it leading the poll. For me it's the one that least needs a refresh.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Dine Out
    musteni wrote: »
    I don't think the pack refresh should be used for fixing bugs, those should be fixed on another time. The pack refresh should be adding something new. Also (despite bugs) Dine Out is my favourite GP, so that's another reason why it took my by surprise seeing it leading the poll. For me it's the one that least needs a refresh.

I think Dine Out is so broken that it needs completely new coding.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Other...
    All of them. And an actual explanation on what "refreshed" means. :/ 😒
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Get Famous
    I'm just adding to this that I think Outdoor Retreat is missing a lot from that theme. The setting is nice but definitely needs more to do. It's easy to tell that it's one of the earliest packs. There are others that could be further expanded as well. From the photos, I guess they are adding content to Spa Day. I mean, I won't complain about additional content. I agree that is one of the more solid packs already.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2021
    Get Famous
    1. For Retail, I really would love for my sims to set up shop in their home. When I play a different household I want them to be able to buy from other's home base businesses.
    2. The detective career....I feel like it's still bugged. Not sure. Is it still hard to find the suspect?
    3. Aliens need more cool powers.

I wouldn’t mind a refresh to ‘Get to Work’ either. I’d like to see them add a clothing challenge to the basegame and give every piece of clothing from socks, hats, accessories, jewelry and all types of clothing actual prices, in case you want to play the clothing lot challenge. Prices of clothing etc. should be added to all packs. Then in ‘Get to Work’ I would like them to sell clothing off of a rack, hat box, jewelry box, shoerack, etc. buying a piece of clothing, jewelry, accessory etc. would open it up in CAS for that household. That way those who want a clothing challenge could have it. The two challenges they could make for me to use the most are simple living and a clothing challenge. We already need to buy furniture.

Gosh, if they made a clothing challenge they could add jewelry cases, accessory cases, full body racks, shirt racks, pants racks, short stacks, hat boxes etc. to buy from in Get to Work’, something for all types of clothing and we could make a real clothing store where you don’t have to buy off of mannequins. They could make a real dressing room where you could try on the clothing too in a store ( or on a mirror/dresser in your house ).

Buying the clothes in the store or even from CAS for a lot, wouldn’t change what you are wearing, but open up the pieces of clothing, jewelry, accessories, etc. in your CAS in the lot you are living in, for a clothing lot challenge. The owner of the store could make a percentage off of the clothes that are bought.

Then, you could make all types of clothing stores, which could add so much fun and a way to spend money for those that say they have too much money.

We are now buying build/buy stuff for lots, and food and groceries for lot challenges, why not a clothing challenge too?
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited August 2021
    Get to Work
    I'd like Get To Work to get, well, some work lol, with more fleshed out aliens to match the other occults that came later, maybe a bit more to the alien homeworld when you visit too, and perhaps some actual aspirations to go with the pack, like a retail focused one, alien contact and/or scientist based ones, ect. But honestly, Snowy Escape I think could also use some tweaking, if only in regards to the festivals. I was so excited for them, but compared to the City Living ones they're terribly dull and under-developed.

There are plenty of ways most of the packs could be improved in some ways, but those are probably my top two, in terms of ones I think I'm most dissatisfied with now, but that has the potential to be very satisfying with a few improvements.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Island Living
    I think all the EP's needs a bit of a polish. Some important elements are missing from every single one of them in comparison to previous sims games. The ones I WANT the most are GF and RoM, but the one that needs this refresh the most in my opinion is definitely Island Livng- this expansion feels empty to be considered EP.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2021
    Other...
    I don't know how extensive this refresh is going to be; yet, here are some things I'd like improved:
    1. Dine Out: When I invite a Sim out to eat from another household, I'd like to know if they need to eat. There is no need to order a meal for them if they are not hungry. For now, I've decided to just order them drinks.
    2. Get to Work: I want to be able to take my Sim to the doctors (hospital) when they need treatment. There is a Detective career but no crime in the game; I want to be able to call the police on Sims even if it is for quirky, funny reasons or report it at the police station. Retail: Sims should be given a shopping bag after they've purchased items.
    3. Outdoor Retreat: I would like to be able to hike with others. Add some real wild animals (wild bears) that may attack your Sim while hiking.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine out works great for my Sims, as long as they are customers, but I've never managed to make them run the restaurant because of all the bugs and glitches.
    To be honest, I've given up even trying. I tried with few Sims until I got fed up, because nothing seemed to work. The workers didn't do their jobs, that was the worst. They just stood there or did something else instead of work.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out, as in major overhaul to fix all the things that are broken. This is desperately needed. In terms of refinements, then the menu should vary according to time of day. Sorry to break the hard news, EA, but a breakfast menu is not going to have hamburgers, franks & beans, or steak. In the portion of the RL Simverse where I live the lunch menu is cheaper than the dinner one, even if the items are the same, which would be another tuning item. How about adding meat pies to the lunch & dinner menus? To really throw a spanner into the monkey works, TS1 varied the restaurant type according to the host station used. There were 2 kinds, one giving a 50's diner feel with menu and staff uniforms to match; while the other was more in line with restaurant type seen in TS 2 & 4. One more and I'm done. How about an old-fashioned soda fountain? You know, those places that specialized in things like ice cream (in a dish, sundaes, sodas, milkshakes, floats, frappes, banana splits, etc) either alone or with a simple meal (burgers, hot dogs, basic sandwiches).
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Other...
    I chose other, because I feel that all the packs need to be fixed in some way.
    In Cats and Dogs, I don't need to control them, but would like to see what their needs or what they know. I would also like to see pet careers return as well.
    I want to be able to do more stuff with mermaids, it doesn't have to be anything huge, but I want to be able to have my mermaids be able to swim in other worlds.
    More Halloween based stuff in Spooky Stuff, or just more activities.
    Also, just having the older packs just be updated a bit in general.
  • Options
    legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    Island Living
    Island living because I was hoping we'd get the underwater world like in TS3, also dine out because it glitches alot!
  • Options
    JustKeepSimming2JustKeepSimming2 Posts: 31 Member
    Get to Work
    Definitely Get to Work. It needs to be more like the Sims 2 version! It doesn't have enough content to be a expansion pack and could definitely use an update. It is one of the oldest packs as well.