March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack needs improving the most?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I voted for realm of magic because that one has the most missed opportunities but it is definitely not the only pack that would benefit from an update. Island living also feels as if it has a lot of missed opportunities.

Packs with the most missed opportunities. These are the ones that need updating most in my opinion.
    Realm of magic
    - better familiar with the possibility to interact with them, feed them, pet them,...
    - more spells, not just copies of things you can do with the science career
    - allow magic for younger sims, even if it is just practicing a bit or shooting sparks. Children could also be allowed to reach the first level of magic
    - lot traits similar to the vampire lot traits. A lot trait to make spellcasters behave like they do in the magic realm (without setting everything on fire like they do with spells set as a club activity) and a magical leyline lot trait to have random spellcasters being born.
    - also a few build mode items are missing like a smaller version of the cauldron, a toddler bed to match the other furniture from the set and upper cabinets for the kitchen set.
    Island living
    - make child and toddler mermaids actual mermaids. Give them a fish tail in the bathtub and while swimming
    - allow two sims in a boat
    - turn the rabbit hole cave entrance into a hidden lot, perhaps specially designed for mermaids
    - give mermaids some perks to unlock
    - give mermaids their own style of gravestones, urns and cribs

Two other packs that deserve attention
    Outdoor retreat
    This pack was made well but has lost a lot of its appeal through the years. Rental homes are now base game and other packs have added tents as well. The plants are also more difficult to collect because of the seasons. It would have been nice if all the outdoor retreat plants would all share one season to be in season. So this pack is a bit outdated by now.
    Dine out
    This pack is mainly buggy. It deserves attention but fixing is not the same as a refresh. Though it would be nice if we could have sims of the owners household assigned as chef or host.
    Parenthood
    This is a great pack. The only thing I miss are options. I miss the possibility to turn off the childhood phases or all the pop ups, or just an x in the corner to click away a pop up.
    Get to work
    Just like outdoor retreat, some elements of this pack feel outdated. Especially the aliens could do with an update after seeing how spellcasters and vampires can unlock perks. And a way to link the alien form and the disguise would be most welcome, even if it was just for clothing and accessories.
    The retail stores could also use a way to easily set up uniforms without first hiring staff like we can do for restaurants.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Get to Work
    I picked get to work, but after reading everyone's comments, I'm thinking Island Living needs it more.

Anyhow, I think the aliens and retail system could use a refresh. Like other have mentioned, these features are a bit outdated and could use a little polish.

Island Living felt shallow from the start. Only three neighborhoods and a badly developed occult. It's very pretty, but it's basically just ocean swimming. I can see how a lot of work went into making that possible, but from a gameplay perspective, this pack has a lot of missed opportunities. I'm with everyone who wants to see scuba diving underwater lots, as well as a mermaid overhaul.

And in general, I would like to see all occults updated for kids!

That said, I'm very curious about the refreshing of old packs and my biggest hope is for more cross-pack compatibility! Oh, and also, maybe they'll update the older packs to include more for toddlers and kids. The first few packs didn't include anything for the littlest sims, because toddlers didn't yet exist. :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2021
    Realm of Magic
    For Starters undo all the Nerfs.

I feel It should have been named "Spellcasters," Not "Realm of Magic." I personally would sacrifice the actual Realm of Magic for more spells and better animations. Spellcasters should have been more liberal with magic. At least just to use practical magic to completely daily tasks.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living in my opinion.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Island Living
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I voted for realm of magic because that one has the most missed opportunities but it is definitely not the only pack that would benefit from an update. Island living also feels as if it has a lot of missed opportunities.

Packs with the most missed opportunities. These are the ones that need updating most in my opinion.
    Realm of magic
    - better familiar with the possibility to interact with them, feed them, pet them,...
    - allow magic for younger sims, even if it is just practicing a bit or shooting sparks. Children could also be allowed to reach the first level of magic
    - lot traits similar to the vampire lot traits. A lot trait to make spellcasters behave like they do in the magic realm (without setting everything on fire like they do with spells set as a club activity) and a magical leyline lot trait to have random spellcasters being born.
    - also a few build mode items are missing like a smaller version of the cauldron, a toddler bed to match the other furniture from the set and upper cabinets for the kitchen set.
    Island living
    - make child and toddler mermaids actual mermaids. Give them a fish tail in the bathtub and while swimming
    - turn the rabbit hole cave entrance into a hidden lot, perhaps specially designed for mermaids

Outdoor retreat
    This pack was made well but has lost a lot of its appeal through the years. Rental homes are now base game and other packs have added tents as well. The plants are also more difficult to collect because of the seasons. It would have been nice if all the outdoor retreat plants would all share one season to be in season. So this pack is a bit outdated by now.
    Dine out
    This pack is mainly buggy. It deserves attention but fixing is not the same as a refresh. Though it would be nice if we could have sims of the owners household assigned as chef or host.
    Parenthood
    This is a great pack. The only thing I miss are options. I miss the possibility to turn off the childhood phases or all the pop ups, or just an x in the corner to click away a pop up.
    Get to work
    Just like outdoor retreat, some elements of this pack feel outdated. Especially the aliens could do with an update after seeing how spellcasters and vampires can unlock perks. And a way to link the alien form and the disguise would be most welcome, even if it was just for clothing and accessories.
    The retail stores could also use a way to easily set up uniforms without first hiring staff like we can do for restaurants.

More could be done with Outdoor Retreat like adding log rolling, hammocks and RVs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Realm of magic
    Island living

Outdoor retreat
    Dine out
    Parenthood
    Get to work

More could be done with Outdoor Retreat like adding log rolling, hammocks and RVs.

I don't think that they will add new BB, CAS and gameplay items, more likely will just integrate and update gameplay with later packs.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Realm of Magic

Realm of magic
    Island living

Outdoor retreat
    Dine out
    Parenthood
    Get to work

Those would be nice additions. So many packs could benefit from an update. There are so many things that could be added. Let's just hope the first GP, whatever GP it will be, gets a decent update, not just a few details.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited August 2021
    Dine Out
    Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, and Island Living.

Maybe DU and City Living, but lower priority.

Edit: Get Famous just needs a bigger world. I feel like Strangerville could use a few more additions but VERY low on priority listing cause it's a pretty good pack, altho very underrated.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Other...
    Cool Kitchen Stuff at the very least for proper Plantsims... Not just a temporary moodlet from ice cream or an event separate from the pack that is also temporary.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Other...
    Probably most packs need some improvement. I wouldn't know where to start with my choices lol.

Maybe uni, because I do like to send my sims for a degree but it is soooo long having to do 3 semesters, and you also can't rotate away in the middle of a semester without messing up their grades, their progress should be frozen.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited August 2021
    Realm of Magic
    I chose Realm of Magic, because of the pack themes I care about, it's the pack with which I'm most generally dissatisfied. That being said, I don't know if they even can fix it at this point. They went in a direction, and... here we are. Aside from wanting a bigger world, I don't even know where to start with what I would have wanted with it. Well, actually, children being able to do magic would be a great start.

As for the others, I want different things from different packs. Dine Out, as others have said, is generally buggy and just needs to be fixed... although I see that as more of a patch/base game update issue rather than a "refresh." It would also be nice if owners could be chefs.

Get Famous needs a bigger world, there's been general consensus on that pretty much since release. Otherwise, I'm reasonably happy with the fame system and the acting career.

I see a lot of people complain about Outdoor Retreat, here and elsewhere, but I actually still really enjoy it and don't think it needs a massive overhaul. I do think both Granite Falls and Selvadorada should be folded into the new system where worlds can be both vacation and liveable, so those are pretty key updates for both packs. That way, it wouldn't matter as much about the seasons for harvestables, because you could simply pop over anytime to pick up a few things instead of having to take a whole vacation. On that note, though, perhaps while we are at it we could take a look at seasons and harvestables. I think it's reasonable and good for plants to have seasons, but having to be on the lot at five am or six am or whatever it is is stupid, and unless there's a Very Serious Coding Reason for that, they should scrap that.

DHD apparently needs things? I frankly don't care enough about the theme to have an opinion either way.

I like Parenthood, it's fine as it is in my opinion.

Island Living: I desperately wanted underwater diving, and it's still one of the things I miss most from TS3, but I just don't know how realistic it is that they will ever add it to IL. I'll be thrilled if they do, of course. If not, surely they could at least add a few more options to the snorkeling item to make it a tiny bit more interesting. At a bare minimum, it could be like the observatory or rocket, where you can come back with underwater prints, or have some more rabbithole interactions and/or chance cards. They could also do more with the mermaid cave. (Honorable mention here to Vampires, which really should have had a hidden world accessible through that boarded up cave entrance, especially when there are so few lots.)

General pack refreshes: if it's ever possible, for the love of God, put swimmable water everywhere you possibly can. Also, please, keep making updates so that children can participate in more activities (bike riding would be a great place to start).
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    There are a lot of great ideas on this thread.

I would love to see them add a portable camping toilet to Outdoor Retreat.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    Dine Out
    > @logion said:
    > I would love for them to add another neighborhood to Del Sol Valley, but if we are talking about smaller changes, then here is what I'm hoping for Dine Out:
    > * Cooking should be faster. It takes too long to visit a restaurant.
    > * Restaurant guests should stay seated and not talk between tables.
    > * Sims should be better at cleaning up the tables. If you can't get it to work, just remove the items from the table when they have finished eating and have them only take orders and deliver food instead.
    > * Sims visiting the restaurant should eat and drink their food, not stop when they have finished their plate and not drink, or drink their glass and then not eat.
    > * Less difficult in making money by running a restaurant. When I try to run a restaurant I barely earn any money from it.
    > * Restaurant should work from home, I keep getting messages that the restaurant is operating at a loss, no customers seems to visit the restaurant when I'm not there.
    > * Less overworked chefs, improved food quality. It seems like food quality from the chefs are not great and they often seem to get the stressed buff because they are overworked I think, even when a restaurant is operating like normally.
    > * Ability to set opening and closing hours. No restaurant guests will come after closing hours.
    > * Let us assign NPC roles for the waiter, host and chef. More unplayed sims in the world should be available.

Agree with everything said here, especially being able to run the restaurant from home, cooking times and people staying seated. (I mean come on, who goes up to another table and randomly starts butting in on their date?) I would love to add the following features as well:

* The ability to work the staff in shifts so they aren't so tired.
    * Bar-staff should be included in the people you hire without you having to call a mixologist each time that you then cannot manage.
    * It should be easier to keep staff happy (or at least neutral).
    * You and your family should be able to work in the restaurant as well as just manage it (as hosts, chefs, waiters or bar-staff). I have a brilliant chef running the restaurant, but she isn't allowed to cook - what is up with that?
    * Espresso bars should be added into the pack so that you could run a coffeeshop/restaurant combo (and really, coffee shops are just another type of restaurants).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Island Living
    I like everything we got in Island living, but of all the EPs it feels like it’s missing something. I’d love if they added a scuba diving skill and 2 diving lots, but I think it’s incredibly unlikely that any ‘refresh’ would extend to a feature of that size.
    I like everything we got in Island living, but of all the EPs it feels like it’s missing something. I’d love if they added a scuba diving skill and 2 diving lots, but I think it’s incredibly unlikely that any ‘refresh’ would extend to a feature of that size.

That is because IL didn't come with a big feature and it felt to be just random objects combined into a pack. I mean the biggest feature if you look at the feature list are building sand castles and relaxing at the beach... whereareas in Get Together pub games are just a small feature of that pack. I mean every pack has big feature that is a highlight. CoL has farming, CL has Apartments, SE has Lifestyles, GTW has Retail, GT has Clubs, Seasons has Weather, C&D has Vet Business and Pet AI, EL has the Eco bar and N.A.P., DU has two Universities.....

And what big feature IL supposed to have? Ocean Swimming....... but you don't need IL to have ocean swimming you can use the recent worlds for that! and so.....what new systems did that pack provide that expands the overall game? The conservationist is locked into one world! Compare that into the Eco Meter in eco lifestyle....and so what do we got? Small features put together as long as it relates to the Island theme.

I mean in Island Paradise Ocean swimming is not the major feature at all it was all about Houseboats, Scuba Diving and Island Discovery. Three huge new systems.....the objects and activities? They are side features.......

In Island Living? The Objects and Activities are main highlights and the supposed new ocean swimming feature is not even unique....

So Island Living. They need to put a big new system to make that pack worth $40.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2021
    Get to Work
    Get to Work is by far the worst pack its like they put no real thought into what would make retail fun and more importantly what could they do to retail that would give players a reason to use it over and over again.

Now that you can make it so your fridge does not have a endless supply of food it would be a great time to add in objects to create grocery stores in detail actual check outs and so on. Clothing stores also need a complete overhaul as they did with knitting clothing stores need unique styles that can only be got by taking your Sims to the clothing stores and purchasing them to unlock the outfit and with this actual game play like changing rooms clothing racks I sure have never made a purchase from something off a mannequin. Ticket machine seriously can I just charge Sims who come to my lots I should be able to make anything and charge a entrance fee. And last but not least lot types need an overhaul where multiple business types can work on one lot but play as their own business decided on preselected area within walls.

Dine Out needs a fix where you can play as any position be it chef waiter or hostess.
    Get Famous needs a larger world with apartments and beach lots
    Island with nothing to do needs more activities like surfing and beach volleyball also hotels
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I opted for Outdoor Retreat first because although there are plenty of issues with Dine Out, that needs a fix rather than an improvement in my opinion but Outdoor Retreat is rather lacking in what it adds to the game compared to what it could be. I'd like to see more outdoorsy activities available.

Other packs I think could do with improvements are Dream Home Decorator simply because the pack is supposed to be about interior design but there is no variety in the style of the BB options and Realm of Magic because I think that there is a lot more scope with that one such as magical careers and the development of magical skills in children. Also I was rather disappointed to see that there were no traditional wizarding style robes included in the CAS items.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2021
    Island Living
    1. Island Living : missed opportunity for houseboats, real scuba diving, fixing this inexistant ''culture'' that they falsely advertised.
    2. Dine Out : being able to run the restaurant by being a chef
    3. Get Famous : we need way more lots (add one neighboor by the beach area), paparazzi & other sims being able to start rumors about you
    4. Get To Work : the retail system need some improvements like being able to actually use the cash register and sims actually carrying bags
    5. City Living : real elevators
    6. Cats & Dogs : an actual panel to see informations about your pets (life span etc)
    7. Seasons : snow depth, hail & add a few more holiday icons & traditions (just like they keep on expanding the club system)
    8. Get Together : being able to work as a barista
    9. Discover University : an actual ceremony for the graduation
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Get to Work
    I chose Get To Work because its age is beginning to show; the hairs especially could use a refresh. I'm fine with the retail system and the playable careers are alright, but the aliens definitely need to be updated. They really need more abilities to set them apart from humans, an alien aspiration, an alien/ufo lot trait, the ability to become one via scientific magic, and the ability to copy between forms in CAS.

Island Living: I actually really like this pack, but mermaids could use a few more special powers, the ability to satisfy all needs in the water, their own tombstones and cradles, and it would also be nice for child mermaids to have a tail as well. An underwater lot would be great but I doubt refreshing would include editing worlds.

Realm of Magic: Again I really like this pack, I just really want my spellcasters to be able to teach other spellcasters specific spells and potions they know instead of having to practice magic for a random spell. I'd also love for children to have a handful of spells they could learn.

It would also be great to see more traits, aspirations, and careers added to packs that didn't originally come with any. For example, a wellness aspiration and trait being added to Spa Day as well as a massage therapist freelance career.

• Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Dine Out
    in terms of fixes, dine out desperately needs some work
    in terms of content, island living and get to work have a lot of potential for new additions

but honestly, i think people are getting their hopes up too much for this whole pack refresh thing. i doubt they'll add anything lifechanging to the packs, they'll most likely just do some tweaks + quality of life improvements and call it a day. i really hope i'm wrong about this and that we'll get a pleasant surprise but we'll see
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Dine Out
    Updates I would like to see:
    Dine Out: the MANY glitches with restaurants fixed. Ever since Cottage Living these are even worse. Also, the ability to have a true family run restaurant with your sims taking on roles of chef, server, and host. Eating out takes an entire day. That needs to be fixed too.
    Cats and Dogs: Make pets less autonomous. I'm tired of my pets getting sick because they're always attacking squirrels. Pets are constantly sick and it's expensive and not fun. I would also like the beaches in Brindleton Bay to be swimmable.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out is totally my vote for which needs improvement the most. I would prefer to have actual times restaurants are open and closed. It's still a little weird to be able to go whenever you want to. Same with any visitor lot actually.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Other...
    i would say laundry day stuffpack like adding topload washers with matching side or oven door dryer vintage and modern
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Get Famous
    I would love to see 4-5 beach lots added to Del Sol Valley, with swimming, and surfing would be a great addition. Also a couple of more down town lots, and either a couple more cheaper lots or a middle class neighborhood with a few lots. The world is smaller than it should be.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Get Famous
    We need singer Sims and a proper awards show.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out is completely broken at the moment and needs a technical overhaul. From the gameplay perspective, Island Living is the weakest pack and needs an underwater lot, more boats, surfing and water-skiing.