Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim won't leave my lot!

The Grim Reaper came for one of my farm animals in my game today. I thought he had left because he disappeared after the reaping, but the next (sim) morning I found him just standing behind the chicken coop. I assumed he was coming for another animal, so I waited, but he didn't reap anything. After a few (sim) hours I tried the reset object cheat on him, but it made no difference. I feel like I should have just kept waiting after resetting him because now he's just hanging round my sim's lot like an unwelcome guest.

Hope someone has some suggestions for me, it's distracting having Death floating about the house whilst I'm trying to play!

Comments

• K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    Do you have any evil chickens? I have found that Grim tends to get stuck in a loop fighting my evil chickens. Sometimes resetting both Grim, the chickens, and whoever he came to reap (if it's an animal, it'll be the animal with something like "One Last Pet" as their age) did the trick. Asking my evil chickens to stop doing their evil chicken thing seems to have prevented the loops from starting in the first place.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    @ktalexander Nope, no evil chickens. I managed to get rid of Grim by restarting the game, but the next time he came for one of my animals the same thing happened again, so I'm wondering if this is a CoL glitch.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Grim got stuck for ages when he came to reap one of my chickens. He did finally manage to leave though. I've seen on social media that a lot of folks are having this issue.
  • KatchmeIfyoucan_722KatchmeIfyoucan_722 Posts: 1 New Member
    The only way that I could get Grimm to leave after reaping one of my chickens, was to "right click cheat; add to household" and then move and merge him to another household. Sorry Bro family, he's your problem now!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I've also had Grim get stuck, but I've found traveling somewhere usually resets him. If that doesn't work, I'll add to family and then remove from family and he'll usually leave within a sim hour or so.