Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack Update

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Arca wrote: »
    I hope they can add more magic for spellcasters...

This is what I would hope for too.

Alas, it's probably just Spa Day. :|
    #Team Occult
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm hoping it's Dine Out. Restaurants are a bit quirky at the moment. Having the ability to choose specific staff rather than just random townies would be a great improvement. Perhaps some behaviour adjustments for Sims on the lot too, fine dining should warrant a different "vibe" to your local burger joint. Maybe that could be based on how the food menus are set up - a clientele switch for formal vs casual?

I think time should run at a lower speed while dining just to compensate for the amount of interactions. It's kind of the opposite situation to when your Sim goes off-lot to work, then comes back after X hours with their Needs all mucked up. It should only take a couple of hours to have a full 3-course dinner for 2 people. A quick single course should take less than 45 minutes.

Integrating Gardening into Dine Out would be a fun addition. An option to sell produce to a restaurant which unlocks perks for that Sim. For instance supplying them with sufficient above-average produce gets you 50% off dining. Bump that quality level up to perfect, and you eat there for free.
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited August 2021
    And here was me thinking they were going to announce cars finally! I just hope that this isn’t the only GP that gets updated. There are also the EPs to consider too. I really hope GTW and IL get a serious upgrade in the future!

EDIT: I hope if it does turn out to be OR they’ll update the hair textures because oh my Watcher do they need it in that game pack! Also they might be updating the worlds to work with cars? Just saying! :wink:
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think it's Spa Day too. If it was Dine Out, they probably would've said 'a delicious refresh' or something. It's not the first pack that I'd think of for an update, but I'm curious to see what they add. It's exciting though that this opens up possibilities for other packs to be refreshed. I hope DO and RoM are next!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited August 2021
    I really hope they will do all GP and that this first one is just a start.
    For now our roadmap continues to be focused on improving content that’s in the game. That said, stay tuned – prepare your Sims for a relaxing refresh of one of our existing Game Packs coming up soon..

Because of the wording, I think either outdoor retreat or spa day seem the most likely candidates, and they are the most dated as well because these were the first two. Outdoor retreat really lost a lot of it's glance with rental homes becoming base game and tents being added in snowy escape and even batuu. Spa day is a decent pack but often overlooked because without a world, or aspirations it is a more subtle pack. You need to place a spa from the library before you can use the features. So it could do with a little freshen up as well.

I am curious to see how far they will go with the updates. Will we get new gameplay mechanics? Just new traits, aspirations, careers,... which are relatively easy to add because they are variations of existing features. Or just new objects and cas?

The GP I would like to see updated most is RoM. New spells, magic for children, lot traits to allow npc spellcasters to behave like they do in the magic realm, a magical leyline lot trait, better familiars, smaller cauldrons,... Even some missing furniture in the art nouveau set like a toddler bed or upper kitchen cabinets would be nice. So many possibilities. But I think they would have worded this announcement differently if it were RoM.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Random thought:
    Several of the game packs (and just looking at game packs, don't get me started on expansion packs) could easily get refreshed and updated.

So... why does it have to be just one game pack getting refreshed? I know they are focusing on one game pack at the moment but it is completely possible that this "one announced refresh" is the potential start of a bigger effort to not just update the game packs but some other elements involving the expansions packs. Maybe they will go as far as to do something REALLY REVOLUTIONARY and update the amount of traits we are given to five. (and adding more likes and dislikes.)

That said, I would love to see "Dine Out" updated. Actually, I am not sure if some of the updates that I would like to see would be related to "Dine Out" or another pack.
    Spoiler Alert: I want to see the food stalls automatically populate with a vendor on commercial lots. It really kills the immersion having to have the Sim pay to hire a vendor when visiting a lot. It makes doing an outdoor "food truck area" in a park next to impossible.

I suspect we will see either "Spa Day" or "Outdoor Retreat" updated. Which honestly... I am curious and somewhat eager to see. While I use elements from the "Spa Day" pack on about 90% of my builds, I barely do much with the game play. Oddly enough, I do more with the Spa Day pack gameplay wise than the "Outdoor Retreat" pack. So... yeah... if those are the packs then I am intrigued.

Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Leave it for the Sims team to waste a great opportunity to improve packs on a pack not one person asked to be improved... Like seriously, Spa Day? :|
    and yeah, I know it's not "officially confirmed" but they labelled it as "relaxing" so there's not really any doubt that its spa day, the pack which is about relaxing and even says that in its description

Relaxing can mean Outdoor Retreat as well.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've used spa day the least (aside from jtb) so if they added something interesting there it'd be great.

I love dine out. I don't seem to hit any bugs. I love love love putting restaurants on every world for different styles of food. I have a German place in Windenburg, a pizza pier in Brindleton Bay, a tea house in Komorebi. I just made a country style diner in Bagley. As someone who doesn't go to bars, nightclubs, lounges, or any of those various nightlife places, I love doing restaurants!

I would love to see more in Outdoor Living. Update the hiking feature, add more wildlife, and make people live there. Perfection.

And add hammocks and log rolling.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I've used spa day the least (aside from jtb) so if they added something interesting there it'd be great.

I love dine out. I don't seem to hit any bugs. I love love love putting restaurants on every world for different styles of food. I have a German place in Windenburg, a pizza pier in Brindleton Bay, a tea house in Komorebi. I just made a country style diner in Bagley. As someone who doesn't go to bars, nightclubs, lounges, or any of those various nightlife places, I love doing restaurants!

I would love to see more in Outdoor Living. Update the hiking feature, add more wildlife, and make people live there. Perfection.

And add hammocks and log rolling.

Archery would be cool too!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    Leave it for the Sims team to waste a great opportunity to improve packs on a pack not one person asked to be improved... Like seriously, Spa Day? :|
    and yeah, I know it's not "officially confirmed" but they labelled it as "relaxing" so there's not really any doubt that its spa day, the pack which is about relaxing and even says that in its description

Relaxing can mean Outdoor Retreat as well.

If it was Outdoor Retreat they would've said something like outdoorsy, or nature rather than relaxing. I don't think they'd describe camping as "refreshing, relaxing and clean"

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I also think it will be Spa Day, and am looking forward to it. It's a very good pack, but does indeed feel a bit small for a GP.

Refreshed and clean could mean skincare. Skincare products might be made from basegame flowers and fish, with a few additional options for owners of more packs. (Come to think of it, didn't Spa Day come with three new fish?)
    Or maybe a new wash hair feature where sims can now dye their hair without changing their genetics. Painting nails and toes. Some new effect for the meditation feature, although I cannot think of one at the moment.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I also think it will be Spa Day, and am looking forward to it. It's a very good pack, but does indeed feel a bit small for a GP.

Refreshed and clean could mean skincare. Skincare products might be made from basegame flowers and fish, with a few additional options for owners of more packs. (Come to think of it, didn't Spa Day come with three new fish?)
    Or maybe a new wash hair feature where sims can now dye their hair without changing their genetics. Painting nails and toes. Some new effect for the meditation feature, although I cannot think of one at the moment.

That would be epic. I hate how hair genetics works in TS4.

• jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited August 2021
    Dine Out needs more attention when it comes to polishing. Of all the game packs they could think of improving, it's Spa Day? Really? It better be Dine Out.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love all of the previous packs to be improved. It's just that Dine Out really needs it the most, so they should put their attention first on that one.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021

I think you are right. It probably is Spa Day, the one GP that actually still works, so I guess they spent time and money on a few new 'chairs' and or 'tubs' recolors and need to add those somewhere. Or throw in some career to do nails and earn money.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I think you are right. It probably is Spa Day, the one GP that actually still works, so I guess they spent time and money on a few new 'chairs' and or 'tubs' recolors and need to add those somewhere. Or throw in some career to do nails and earn money.

Lol such exaggeration. 😄 Spa Day is not the only game pack that works properly.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Okay, hear me out.

Clean = Scrubaroo, one of the most universal, accessible and helpful spells in RoM. Maybe the refresh will be RoM, and we'll get better familiars, similar to the chickens in Cottage Living? Or they'll use the chicken base and give us dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Okay, hear me out.

Clean = Scrubaroo, one of the most universal, accessible and helpful spells in RoM. Maybe the refresh will be RoM, and we'll get better familiars, similar to the chickens in Cottage Living? Or they'll use the chicken base and give us dragons.

Ohh could be.
    I get "refresh" could mean Spa Day but "clean" is really throwing me off. I'd day Laundry Day apart from that's a Stuff Pack!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2021
    chickenow wrote: »
    In the recent Livestream SimGuru Ash revealed that they are refreshing/updating a Game Pack. Which one do we think it is....even though camping isn't really my bag I hope it's Outdoor Retreat. As times gone on there really isn't anything of note in this Pack....

Anyways what is everyone else's thoughts?

If they update this, I would like group walks, and would like them to make insects where you can feed them and hold them, optional of course, ( great for building children’s responsibility ), I hope they will add holding and feeding frogs in the base game too (optional of course ). Oh, and they should add swimming in the river and the lake too. Also national parks can be gone to as a day activity, so, I wish we could send our sims to visit there during the day, or night without having to rent, I have a spa there, and a cafe, and collecting insects and things would be easier to do if we could visit the world without having to rent a spot all the time, like real national parks are. We can already travel there if we get invited by a friend, so why not by ourselves? Also, they could add an amphitheater where park rangers give a talk about insects and herbs or new animals they could add like wild squirrels….. if you make friends with a squirrel you could buy a tree for your lot, and the squirrel could visit you. They could also update the ice chest for the simple living challenge, where you can pack it with prepared food., or items to make food on a grill.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Lol such exaggeration. 😄 Spa Day is not the only game pack that works properly.

It's the only one that has the least bugs....well, ok. Cool Kitchen doesn't have many bugs...other than some ice cream bugs sometimes, so, technically it is the only GP that actually works well most of the time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    What if it's spa day with body hair and body waxing? And facials and more acne options?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I just hope it's something big enough to be called ''refresh'' if it's just new objects and no new gameplay it's pointless.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I feel like it will be something small and everybody would be disappointed after all the speculations (but that's a must for Sims4 hype strategy).

And here's a crazy idea - this won't be Spa or Outdoor Retreat... It will be ROM instead and they'll update Scruberoo with a couple of missing packs integration options. Like cleaning Bust the Dust & Laundry with it. At least this will explain this "clean, clean" tweet. That's the size of update I'm expecting.

From the other hand if speculations/expectations are right and this is something on a bigger scale and for SPA I hope for a couple of new traits and Wellness aspiration. Both traits and aspirations are seriously lucking in this game so adding them with older pack would be a good idea probably.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I don't have strong feelings either way, and obviously we don't know what pack is being updated, but what about those players who like the pack as it is?
    Tell that to those who liked vampires breaking in. Nothing is sacred. All we can hope for is that it's playable and enjoyable.

I understand! I have Vampires but don't play it often, so I don't have much to say about that.
    But, for example, DO is one of my favourite GPs. Although I would love to have the bugs fixed, I wouldn't want it to be completely updated/changed.

Please bear in mind that I didn't watch the live stream so am basing everything on forum discussions. :smile:
    I get what you're saying. Personally, I use DO a ton, myself. I don't own restaurants, but I do frequent them with my sims. I'd just like the bugs fixed for that, and maybe tie-ins to the culinary career in the basegame. I'm not even sure how else they could change it, as the system they have now is pretty good.

I'd personally like to see them update the management/staff side of things. Same for retail. I want Sims who own a restaurant to be able to be the chef or other roles. And i want to be able to hire other sims in the household to properly fill that role. And id like to have the option for playable sims to actually get paid for performing those roles. Currently i use a mod for all that so i know its possible to do. I would just like it to be an actual feature rather than a mod lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    Theres several packs i *want* it to be but i believe the folks who think they hinted at it being either Spa Day or Outdoor Retreat. Those make the most sense since they were the OG packs anyway.

Personally I hope its Spa Day cause it needs the most improvement.

I wanna see the stuff from the healthy living vote added to it, it goes nicely with the wellness trait.

Id like to see an update adding a diet preferences area so veganism can be a thing without taking up a trait slot.

We should be able to own spas. Its just weird how other game packs focusing on a thing allow you to own it but not this.

A yoga teacher career with a new aspiration or two.

Improved wellness skill. In yogic mythology you gain a bunch of "siddhis" or powers, like the teleportation ability at level 10, after long practice of meditation or yoga. In yoga these powers are guideposts indicating your progress so it would be cool if other powers got unlocked along the way as you level up. Either that or make it so they can specialize which power they get at the end, similar to vampires. They could be things like emitting mood changing fragrances, or attracting animals Snow White style, manifesting things from thin air, maybe age defiance where they age slowly or have the appearance of a young adult but be in the elder stage. I also think this needs to be expanded upon because the stretches are actually a tiny fraction of what yoga is overall, and the current depiction in sims is just the west's appropriated and whitewashed version.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I interpret the "clean" hints as a hint to cleaning under the hood, ie: cleaning up the code. To me, a refresh suggests things like retexturing hairs, eliminating clipping in CAS, adding a few swatches, adding lot traits and maybe an aspiration, grouping and labeling the furniture so it will show up in the appropriate DHD category, adding some recipes: things like that. I don't expect anything very big. But I will be delighted if I am wrong.