November 26th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
November 30th: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Vitriol Trilogy (Updated 12/11/21)

2...Next

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 874 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    That's exactly what I think as well. Dude from a bloodline family who's also easy to manipulate and control? Perfect husband, in Esther's eyes anyway. I think Francis has wanted to get away for a while, but is probably too frightened to do so. I feel like deep down, he stays because of the kids, but at the same time has done little to actually help them. You're spot on about the driftwood. XC Yeah, for the same reason as above,Esther likes her because Immy is still malleable unlike the other children. Esther wants to mould her before Leo can raise her in a way Esther doesn't like. To be fair, the lore of ghosts changes in-universe all of the time even with the same story XD Maybe some ghosts will come around though! I wish we could still have babies with ghosts!

'Dreadlock Santa' I love it : P Yeah, Morgyn doesn't really want to forgive Ethren, at least, not yet. Ethren's going to have to put the work in first, and he has done that by doing what's right instead of doing what the rules he's given tell him to do. Morgyn is just too tired to be angry with him, and hopefully they and Ethren can eventually make some kind of amends. Yeah you're exactly right, some people have no idea how to apologise.

Yup, the whole story is a bit peppered throughout all three stories, but she had them all working on some kind of dubious potion-making thing, selling them off and having the students constantly casting Copypasto, Floralorial etc. to keep up with the demand. Trouble is, it was an old basement/stockroom-type room that rarely got used at that point, and Esmeralda was completely trustworthy up until that point. Ethren is probably right, yeah. Áine didn't tell Morgyn for their own good, at least that's the way she saw it. Yeah the wedding venue is cute, It's on the Gallery I think it's called Fox Haven Wedding Venue? Even John has joined the magic bandwagon! Woo! Maybe Esther could sit alongside Seth in the Knit and Natter? XD I'm glad you like the dragon and phoenix!

Yeah, that dog is Darrel's familiar Luna and she's popped up once or twice but only in one picture of two. I like to think familiars can sense their human's whereabouts almost anywhere, so as soon as she felt their connection sever she rushed out to the last place where he was, finding him like that...
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,411 Member
    Chapter 10
    I’m weirdly drawing up a blank for Silas and Andi. Did they show up in Untamed or TSAHF and have I forgotten about them? Hmm.

Poor Emilia 😭 Darrel was such a good guy and to lose him to that kind of violent death… ouch. I wonder how much everyone knows about how he died. If even Emilia isn’t sure whether it was murder or not…

My first thought when I saw the picture of Ethren and Eustace was “GRUMPY SANTA HAS BEEN OUT-BEARDED!” My second thought was that we found someone who seems even more stuck-up than Ethren does. I wonder who Yvette is and what her deal is.

Aaaaand here is the part where all thought of Yvette goes out the window. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. HOW. They made Esther a sage?! And they didn’t think it was suspicious that she carries the mote after what they suspect is a murder? 😱 oh my potato, they’re in cahoots. Woooooooow Eustace pretty much confirms it right there. “the strong will survive and the weak will not”, my bum. He just wants all the non-pureblood casters out of the picture, dead or alive. Oh geez and Ethren got fired too. This is bad. This is very bad.

The scheming potato indeed. Oh, Leo. Talk about history repeating itself. If it was just Esther, all their problems would go away if he were to, say, turn Esther into a gnome, or kick her into the fae never to be seen again. But now there’s two families plus Esther causing problems – and if there’s two, there’s more.

Oooooh so that’s where Andi, Yvette and Silas came from! I see.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you as always for your lovely comments < 3
    I can’t say too much without spoiling 108’s reboot, but it does actually make sense as to why they are suddenly in another story universe. : p So far people don’t know much of how Darrel died but most people have the same sneaking suspicion. I’m glad you gathered that they were in cahoots because at first I thought it seemed like they were iust being dumb, but yeah Eustace already has his priorities sorted out. I think even Ethren is done playing by the rules!

Yeah, Emilia just doesn’t want to be reminded of Esther and it’s nothing personal, but after what he’s had to put up with all of his life Leo isn’t seeing it that way. There are non lethal ways to go about dealing with Esther but I’m not entirely sure that’s what Leo has in mind. We’ll have to see how it goes -u-
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you as always for your lovely comments < 3
    I can’t say too much without spoiling 108’s reboot, but it does actually make sense as to why they are suddenly in another story universe. : p So far people don’t know much of how Darrel died but most people have the same sneaking suspicion. I’m glad you gathered that they were in cahoots because at first I thought it seemed like they were iust being dumb, but yeah Eustace already has his priorities sorted out. I think even Ethren is done playing by the rules!

Yeah, Emilia just doesn’t want to be reminded of Esther and it’s nothing personal, but after what he’s had to put up with all of his life Leo isn’t seeing it that way. There are non lethal ways to go about dealing with Esther but I’m not entirely sure that’s what Leo has in mind. We’ll have to see how it goes -u-

Even Ethren is done playing by the rules. Oh, dearie. When the rules lawyer is done playing by the rules is when the end is near.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Body is too short blahblah
    Ethren the Rules Lawyer is mad and the gloves are off, leaving us with…Miffed Angry Beard Man : p
    New chapter:
    . Chapter 11: Those Left Behind, Part II

Expect much slower chapter updates from here on out, for multiple reasons.
    Not a chapter update, but a fun bonus non-canon thing of the Sages on social media : P
    edited October 11
    I didn't expect to finish this today but here we are! A new chapter!
    . Chapter 12- Sanctuary
    I don't trust my comments not to be eaten today so posting it here instead lalala

Chapter 12
    Ooooh, Gemma’s talk paired with Luna actually made her at a loss for words. That doesn’t happen often. Gemma is right that one angry dog won’t be enough evidence to convict her, but it’s enough evidence to see Esther for the threat that she is. If she can convince others or at least make them doubt, that should set things in motion. If Esther doesn’t end up coming for her first, that is. 😐

Cleansing itself of light and weakness is a good thing in Esther’s brain? 😫 Oooh, Morgyn is going to try and re-create the magic realm? That’s one way to provide a safe haven for their students, but how would they keep Esther out – and how would the magic realm protect the new casters that get guided into Esther’s arms? Oooh, they’re keeping out all the bloodline casters, I see. Or maybe just the ones that they know are a threat. Oh man, I can imagine a new magic realm being something that they’d want to control very very badly. I hope Morgyn won’t get too big of a magic-punch to the face by casting that.

Those pictures of Helen and Morgyn by the portal are beautiful! 🤩

Oh fudge, that’s not good. Morgyn x.x Fingers crossed that she can save them… and that she’s not just stepping into a void on the other side.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Your comments are appreciated as always! < 3 Thank you for your support!
    I think Esther hadn't planned for Gemma to spot her, moreso, she hadn't considered the fact a bound familiar animal would notice its owner's death, and would react to it- so when Luna lunged for her she knew why and that someone knew (even if just a dog, but a dog capable of communication with at least Gemma). She didn't have time to feign sympathy, and has dug herself in a somewhat deep hole because of it. I think given people know of the bond between familiar animals and what they are capable of, I think that people would probably be suspicious that Luna would act that way around Esther. Any other dog would just be pining for its owner, instead of going for the one woman everyone thinks might be behind it.

This is something I have to think about in the upcoming chapters, and I think something Helen and Morgyn didn't fully consider (also something I didn't consider XD). If Esther is Sage now, she's going to wonder why everyone disappeared. So gotta figure out where to go with that. Yeah so the ones that they would be defending it from would be anyone aligned with Esther, so not all bloodline casters. Although only Ethren knows about Yvette and Eustace having stuff to do with Esther, so really there's no perfect way to protect the realm unless Morgyn goes into woof-mode like Aine did. Esther is probably one of those cringey 'FILTER THE WEAK' types. I'm glad you like the screenshots < 3
    New chapter has come earlier than expected!
    Chapter 15- Interior of the Earth
    Chapter 15
    Oooh and now Esther even lost Eustache, one of her biggest pawns in the “take over the spellcasting world” game plan. I want to go “woo! Yeah! You tell her, Eustache!” but this also makes him seem like one of those types that are only your ally until it’s more convenient not to be. Casual loyalty flip-flopping is one of my pet peeves, so I’m going to say I still dislike you, Stachey 😂

IMMY IS EUSTACHE’S CHILD?! Whoa, no wonder her magic is a lot more powerful than that of Leo and his siblings at her age – bloodline magic is a thing after all, and that means Immy is the lion and the gryphon combined. I wonder what the dream lion means with the “hidden stone”. Leo deciding to reach out to L Faba is such a big step for him to make. Naww he is really trying.

Yvette is so interesting and seems so completely ruthless o.o I wonder if she’ll turn out to be another adversary like Esther. It sure sounds like it.

Haha, the “Delirate!” twice made me laugh. Leo has raised them well 🤣
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Thank you for commenting! Always love seeing your thoughts < 3
    Eustache XD I love the nickname. Yup, without him she's going to have to get her own hands dirty(-er). Yeah, Eustace is definitely as fake as Esther is, but perhaps like Francis, he might go into his 'futile deadbeat dad redemption mode' after realising his behaviour has not only upset his children, but his dead wife would despise him for it. Eustace is a typical guy that doesn't realise how much he's monumentally screwed up until it's way too late. Yes that's why she's so powerful and why Esther wanted a child from him- to make her bloodline more powerful. It's partially why Immy is her favourite. That's also partially because she's young and therefore easy to brainwash. Lion and gryphon combined...don't give me more art ideas : P Yeah Leo is trying, but then there's the question of whether or not everyone will accept his forgiveness. Yeah Yvette is a character that belongs to a friend of mine and was part of a Black Widow challenge I believe. I'm glad you like it- Leo really shouldn't be in charge of a class 🤣
    edited November 24
    Just an update to readers that due to various circumstances, the story chapters will slow right down and will not be posted weekly for some time. I can't guarantee a timeframe at the moment, but just know I'm not ditching the story- it just won't be weekly chapters for a while.
    EDIT: Reading this back I realise it sounds a bit worrying? I’m fine, I’m just ill with a moderate cold ATM and have little energy, Christmas is exhausting, and I’ve sold my soul to another game for the time being : p
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    @SnowBnuuy No worries! Hopefully you'll heal up from your cold soon. The leadup to Christmas is busy for virtually everyone. We'll see new Virtriol chapters when we see them 😊 take care!
    J6AKQqX.jpg