To read the January 21st Inside Maxis Sims 411 Recap, click here
January 21st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Vitriol Trilogy (Updated 22/01/22)

13...Next

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,445 Member
    @SnowBnuuy The link you've posted leads me to a "page not found" error 🤔

Chapter 20
    Poor Helen. Losing people one after the other like that while you still haven’t really dealt with the grief of the first is really hard. The tombstones look beautiful. I bet Morgyn would approve of the dragon statues as well as being buried near Áine and Róisin.

Helen seems to take the death of her lover rather calmly. I suppose it helps that she’s been struggling with the thought of losing them for a while now. Nobody expected Morgyn to go this early and suddenly, though.

She has a point about Leo, too. Everyone is hurting but he keeps hyperfocusing on himself and his family to the exclusion of everyone else. It’s not just about him. The threat to him and his family is real, but he’s not the one that got attacked by an army of skeletons and his loved ones are not the ones that died.

I like the post-mortem point of view that we get from Morgyn. Afterlife seems peaceful, but knowing what is happening in the world and being powerless to stop it must be a bitter pill to swallow. Still, Morgyn and Róisin can finally get to know each other. They gained a sister after death. There’s something very sweet about that.

Wish that their family is okay. With Morgyn gone, they’re a lot weaker, that’s for sure. At this point it would take a combined effort to bring Esther down. Helen and Leo together might pull it off… but something tells me combined effort is not what Leo has in mind at the moment.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 937 Member
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for telling me; accidentally deleted the L off of HTML like a HTM-meLt. And thanks as always for reading and commenting!
    Helen's reaction (or lack thereof) is in part because as you say she's spent so long preparing herself for the inevitable, even though she didn't expect it so soon, no-one did...but also, she's got a lot on her mind that she currently doesn't have the sort of 'mental space' to grieve. She's worried for the students and for the realm, and she wants to find Esther and turn her into spellcaster pâte. Everyone's so wrapped up in fear and revenge that things can't go well from here.

Yup, Leo needs to realise sooner or later that only worrying about his family isn't the moral high-ground he thinks it is, especially not straight after what happened as well...

As for the afterlife, it's bittersweet. There's nothing much they can do, but at the same time they can finally truly meet Róisin, and I think Morgyn would be a good older sibling...or would they be a younger sibling? : P

Yeah, Helen just wants to pulverise her at this point, but Leo will have to step in as well most likely.
    'Since I have no idea what part of my life will be the middle, I've decided to have an ongoing crisis.'
    - she/her or they/them -
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 1,410 Member
    @SnowBnuuy

Heehee, spellcaster pâté!
    Esther is just… I have no words. *hurls several curse words towards the evil witch*

I really need to get posting my story, it’s been long enough! Hopefully imgur works when I use it later… *fingers crossed*
    Sims 3 Families: Jenningses, Delaunays
    Sims 4 Stories: Sulani at Heart, Magical Mastersons

Mastersons Thread: Magical Mastersons: A Ginger Spellcaster Family

Sulani at Heart Thread: Sulani at Heart

My blog: Lucy_Henley's Sims Stories
    Much quicker than expected, new chapter:
    Chapter 21- Past, Present and Future Collide
    'Since I have no idea what part of my life will be the middle, I've decided to have an ongoing crisis.'
    - she/her or they/them -
    - she/her or they/them -
    - she/her or they/them -
    edited January 22
    - she/her or they/them -