Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item is your favourite in all the packs you play? May contain spoilers

PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
What item is your favourite in all the packs you play and why?

For me it is Patchy The Straw Man. I love gardening in the Sims and he is a great help and not only with the garden!
He repairs, cleans up, plays chess and keeps my guests entertained for starters. Reminds me a bit of Bone Hilda from Sims 1

Comments

• RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member

For me it is Patchy the Scarecrow. I love gardening in the Sims and he is a great help and not only with the garden!
    He repairs, cleans up, plays chess and keeps my guests entertained for starters. Reminds me a bit of Bone Hilda from Sims 1

I keep meaning to use Patchy, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. He looks fun. I wanted to do a horror story around him coming to life and terrorising my Sims.

For me, I really enjoy the seance table from the Paranormal pack. I like the animations and the pop up notifications are fun and unexpected.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    My Spellcaster's wand.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Photo camera as I use it in all my households to decorate their houses with pictures of them or sceneries, etc.
    Anoter one would be easel for similiar results as I love painting from reference and then any music stereo as I have tons of custom music and it is just fun listening to my favorite music while playing sims.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member

For me it is Patchy The Straw Man. I love gardening in the Sims and he is a great help and not only with the garden!
    Just my luck that my first Patchy was a kleptomaniac so he "helped" me by stealing all my favorite paintings :s. Oh well, I got rid of him and later got a new Patchy though he hasn't yet come alive. I really hope he's not a klepto this time so I can actually enjoy him lol.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t have one.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Fabricator, because of furniture.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Babies. :D
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The bird feeder from Backyard Stuff.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2021
    What a great topic!
    I think my favourite is the Bar Globe from Vintage Glamour Stuff
    Also, I never realised that it can be used by Sims of all ages!
    "Child Sims who “Study” the Globe Bar will increase their Mental Skill." (From Sims VIP).
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I love the Christmas tree. It's modular and has lots of interactions. Wish more objects were like that.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited August 2021
    I have a several favorite items I use a lot. The buffet table, from luxury party stuff. The archeology table from Jungle adventure the ice chest and tents from outdoor retreat. Like someone else mentioned, the Photo camera ( I have a photographer that goes around and takes scenery photo’s to sell in his shop ). And I also like paint from reference pictures too from the art easel. I also have a household earning pretty well from the wood working skill table. Currently one of my households has a DJ, so I have been enjoying the DJ booth as well. And, I have a baseball player I’m trying to make famous, so I plan on figuring out how to use the drone, and then uploading fitness video’s with the video machine from Get Famous, so he can gain fame a little faster, I figure once I learn how to use that, it also might be something fun for my style influencer to use too in some way, I haven’t figured out exactly what to do there though. I was using the instrument platform from city living, can’t remember what it is called for my musician sim in San Myshuno, but that object was broken a few weeks back when he was trying to use it in set up lots and in San Myshuno ( although I see other random musicians using it in San Myshuno ), I guess it was a bug, not sure if it’s been fixed yet. This is not really an item per se, but I also love sending one of my sims hunting dogs hunting, and I get a kick out of watching a cat get a feather from a bird out of a bush ( one of the pee bushes I think ). When get to work came out I had a lot of fun with the science gadgets.

Some I haven’t rally tried yet are: the seance table from paranormal, patchy from seasons, the music machine from get famous, the candle station,
    fizzing station, and the fabricator machine from Eco living. The debate podiums from university, and the Robotics machine from University, or the animals and picnic baskets from cottage living.

Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Maybe the talking toilet. 😆
    I use it all the time. It’s a great time saver because Sims can increase their bladder and hygiene needs at the same time. It can also help introverted Sims with their social need.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The inventor machine
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    The bee box from Seasons.
    • Helps with moneymaking (selling honey, or selling collectibles/donating them to the Simsonian Museum).
    • Relieves bad moodlets (on self or others).
    • Builds romance with other sims.
    • Generates collectibles.
    • Fertilizes plants autonomously (alongside other fertilizers).
    • Gives wax for candle-making.
    • Can be used to make other aims miserable, and acts as a defense system against unwanted sims in the garden (autonomously) when in a bad mood.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    Photo camera as I use it in all my households to decorate their houses with pictures of them or sceneries, etc.
    Anoter one would be easel for similiar results as I love painting from reference and then any music stereo as I have tons of custom music and it is just fun listening to my favorite music while playing sims.

I have never got on well with the camera's in the Sims 4. In the Sims 2 I used to love using the camera to take pictures of scenery and things that happened in my game as it would twirl around so easily. I have not found it as good in the Sims 4 but I haven't played with camera's a lot so far in my game.

Thanks for you input and I will try them out more. Yes I agree being able to put one's custom music in a lot of fun.

I don't know if they still have a way to put our own custom pictures in the Sims 4 game, to paint on the easel as we could in the Sims 2. That was one of my favourite aspects of the Sims 2 and I would love it if it was available to do in the Sims 4. In the Sims 2 I used to take pictures with the camera then use those pictures in the custom picture folder and my sims could paint them on the easel.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It's a tough call, but I guess I would say either the yoga mat or the tea maker, because I use both of them in almost all of my households, and every kind of household. Urban, rural, suburban, singles, families, young, old, every world: nearly all of my sims like to drink tea and do yoga. I wish the kids could use them, but otherwise they are almost perfect objects for me... inexpensive, don't take up a lot of space, and improve my sims' wellbeing.
    RySBI wrote: »

For me it is Patchy the Scarecrow. I love gardening in the Sims and he is a great help and not only with the garden!

I keep meaning to use Patchy, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. He looks fun. I wanted to do a horror story around him coming to life and terrorising my Sims.

For me, I really enjoy the seance table from the Paranormal pack. I like the animations and the pop up notifications are fun and unexpected.

I haven't bought that pack yet so when I do I will check it out. Thanks
    The bird feeder from Backyard Stuff.

I have just put one of these in my game in playing Cottage Living. I got attacked by birds trying to refill the feeder LOL
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Helps with moneymaking (selling honey, or selling collectibles/donating them to the Simsonian Museum).
    Relieves bad moodlets (on self or others).
    Builds romance with other sims.
    Generates collectibles.
    Fertilizes plants autonomously (alongside other fertilizers).
    Gives wax for candle-making.
    Can be used to make other aims miserable, and acts as a defense system against unwanted sims in the garden (autonomously) when in a bad mood.

The bee box is a very useful item in the game but I find my poor Sims get stung far too often, but it doesn't effect their mood too much at least most of the time.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Maybe the talking toilet. 😆
    I use it all the time. It’s a great time saver because Sims can increase their bladder and hygiene needs at the same time. It can also help introverted Sims with their social need.

Indeed and if you upgrade it can help with those puddles too!
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love the Christmas tree. It's modular and has lots of interactions. Wish more objects were like that.

Yes, I love the one you can actually decorate. It's a lot of fun and very pretty too!
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    The camera is my favorite as well, as someone already said. The first thing I do when I get into a new household is but a few and put them in my sims inventories.
    I love going around taking photos and it works perfect with Andrew's Pose Player and all the poses you can get (if you don't mind using mods). Whether it's scenery pictures or family/friends poses, I decorate all my homes with them and even have rooms saved in the gallery with my photos to use in different playthroughs.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Helps with moneymaking (selling honey, or selling collectibles/donating them to the Simsonian Museum).
    Relieves bad moodlets (on self or others).
    Builds romance with other sims.
    Generates collectibles.
    Fertilizes plants autonomously (alongside other fertilizers).
    Gives wax for candle-making.
    Can be used to make other aims miserable, and acts as a defense system against unwanted sims in the garden (autonomously) when in a bad mood.

The bee box is a very useful item in the game but I find my poor Sims get stung far too often, but it doesn't effect their mood too much at least most of the time.
    Spam bonding until max, then simply check in on them twice a day. If you're going past and see them dropping from the box, apply the remedy for termites, and bond with them once or twice until calm.

If you're getting stung autonomously, then you're neglecting them too often. You always want to keep them calm if at all possible.

If you're getting stung whilst bonding...you're uncovered and interacting with bees, so it's bound to happen, even at max friendship.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Definitely bee boxes
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Babies. :D

:D:D:D

To funny! "Favorite Item"!

You made my day! :D:p

Pixilated wrote: »
    The camera is my favorite as well, as someone already said. The first thing I do when I get into a new household is but a few and put them in my sims inventories.
    I love going around taking photos and it works perfect with Andrew's Pose Player and all the poses you can get (if you don't mind using mods). Whether it's scenery pictures or family/friends poses, I decorate all my homes with them and even have rooms saved in the gallery with my photos to use in different playthroughs.

Actually, in all seriousness, good call. I do that too. Love the actual "camera". :smiley:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png