March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August 3rd - Inside Maxis Livestream

Β«1345
EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
edited August 2021 in Livestreams
Sul sul Simmers!

Tune in for today's "Inside Maxis" live stream on Twitch or by watching below @ 11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! πŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰

• New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    What's a sim together story?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member
    edited August 2021

Some members of the Sims team and some Game Changers create a brief let's play together on the Sims Twitch streams. One person will create the sims, another the lot, and then a few more (usually three) will each take a stream to play out the story (start, middle, end... ish) like a group storytelling project.

They've done... I want to say two (one early in the pandemic, one to promote Eco Lifestyle) but I may have forgotten one.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Some members of the Sims team and some Game Changers create a brief let's play together on the Sims Twitch streams. One person will create the sims, another the lot, and then a few more (usually three) will each take a stream to play out the story (start, middle, end... ish) like a group storytelling project.

They've done... I want to say two (one early in the pandemic, one to promote Eco Lifestyle) but I may have forgotten one.

Oh yeah I remember watching a few live streams of one and it was very fun.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Meanwhile here in Asia it is already August 3 😭😭

Sometimes I wish EA would Move to Japan or New Zealand or something. Quite sad when the announce date was here but we have to wait for tommorow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2021
    TS1299 wrote: Β»
    Meanwhile here in Asia it is already August 3 😭😭

Sometimes I wish EA would Move to Japan or New Zealand or something. Quite sad when the announce date was here but we have to wait for tommorow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

For me it is always in the evening and because of real life circumstances I usually also can't watch at those times. So it will be a day later until I can read up on the news. I have gotten used to mentally adding another day ;) .

I didn't expect an inside maxis this week. I hope we get some news about the next few weeks.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2021
    Time in other places:
    Pacific Time, PT          Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 11:00 am PDT    
    Sydney, Australia         Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 4:00 am AEST    
    Tokyo, Japan              Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 3:00 am JST     
    Singapore, Singapore      Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 2:00 am SGT     
    Perth, Australia          Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 2:00 am AWST    
    Auckland, New Zealand     Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 6:00 am NZST    
    Berlin, Germany           Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 8:00 pm CEST    
    Paris, France             Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 8:00 pm CEST    
    London, United Kingdom    Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 7:00 pm BST     
    Athens, Greece            Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 9:00 pm EEST    
    Corresponding UTC         Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 18:00  

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,428 Member
    I will skip watching this one and just read what it was about. I'm not into watching other people "play" the game, that doesn't interest me. I only watch inside maxis for "news" of what might be coming.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2021
    I will skip watching this one and just read what it was about. I'm not into watching other people "play" the game, that doesn't interest me. I only watch inside maxis for "news" of what might be coming.

Exactly. And it better be something good and new. If it's just them playing I don't care. I can play the game myself and there's already plenty of let's plays on TS4 on Youtube.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Time in other places:
    Pacific Time, PT          Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 11:00 am PDT    
    Sydney, Australia         Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 4:00 am AEST    
    Tokyo, Japan              Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 3:00 am JST     
    Singapore, Singapore      Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 2:00 am SGT     
    Perth, Australia          Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 2:00 am AWST    
    Auckland, New Zealand     Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 6:00 am NZST    
    Berlin, Germany           Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 8:00 pm CEST    
    Paris, France             Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 8:00 pm CEST    
    London, United Kingdom    Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 7:00 pm BST     
    Athens, Greece            Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 9:00 pm EEST    
    Corresponding UTC         Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 18:00  

Thanks for sharing that @StuffyMarx. Very considerate :smile:
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    😁😁😁😁 ready
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited August 2021
    😁😁😁😁 ready

Here we go!!!

giphy.gif
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

04nmdazv03it.png
    Ohhhh Community Spotlight you say??
    giphy.gif
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Gameplay segment is first so if you're not down for that you might want to check in later or just wait for the recap.
    They said zombies😭😭😭😭 they didn't confirm but they said ZOMBIES😭😭😭😭 hope is still alive
    edited August 2021
    It's nice to see the forum acknowledged!! Everyone always thinks it's abandoned lol
    Honestly I think the only reason they engage directly is because someone always wants to start an argument with them and demand answers πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ otherwise they have proven time and time again that they do know the forum exists and reads it
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    He dodged that question about swimmable worlds like it were a poison dart in an Omiscan Temple.

I love that there'll be a refresh for a past gamepack. It's likely going to be Dine Out or Outdoor Retreat...unless they'll be making Selvadorada livable.

If it's OR, I'd like to be able to live in Granite Falls, hike like they do in SE, swim/wade in the waters, shower in the falls, and have bugs spawn in more places than just that world.

If it's DO...I'm not sure what they could upgrade. Other than fixing the bugs and making the careers playable (active chef/host/waiter career), I'm at a loss.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    I wonder which pack is it that they have been working on improving? Can't wait to see what that is about. I am ready for zombies yet. :lol:
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,552 Member
    So it sounds we'll be getting info on a new - non occult-themed - Gameplay Pack in the near future. I was busy with some tuning so I'm not 100 % sure if I got it correctly.

The also indirectly said that we will (unsurprisingly) not be getting existing worlds updated with swimmable bodies of water.

The team is also looking for our ideas of how to make this game more challenging - I'm very much into that one.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    So it sounds we'll be getting info on a new - non occult-themed - Gameplay Pack in the near future. I was busy with some tuning so I'm not 100 % sure if I got it correctly.
    Actually, they said they'll be refreshing an existing gamepack.

Other than that, we'll be getting updated existing townies, and lore for them.

That non-answer to the "swimmable worlds" question stuck hard in my craw. This is why I always champion listening to what someone does not say, just as much as what they do.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    edited August 2021
    Is the replay available yet? I started watching but had things going on so I missed the back half.

*Edit: Never mind, found it! Sounds very optimistic for more Occults!! <3 I hope the updated GP is going to be Realm of Magic! I always felt it should be an EP. And I'm really glad to hear they'll be taking suggestions for more challenging gameplay! That's wonderful! I hope I'm back from vacation by then, I really want to contribute some input. :)
    #Team Occult
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: Β»

Sounds great, I welcome this with open arms!

• logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member

That non-answer to the "swimmable worlds" question stuck hard in my craw. This is why I always champion listening to what someone does not say, just as much as what they do.

Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if the Game Pack is Dine Out.

Yeah it might actually be pretty complicated to add swimmable worlds...I'm not sure.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

I suppose it's a bit too much for me to hope that they'll be adding more lots to Forgotten Hollow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top