Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, August 19th

Comments

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Thank you, Sims team, for this opportunity. I would love if players could have some control with the gallery build screenshots. There are lots I never build on because there is something blocking the way or a bad angle when I try to share a build to the gallery.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2021
    Example of "shallow" gameplay: Reading. There are actually a heap of books for sims to choose from, but it doesn't matter what book a sim reads, as there's no record of it. It's like it didn't even happen.

Possible solution:
    Use the Notebook to keep account of what books have been read by the sim.
    Why?
    1. Adds a challenge, like completing a collection. A player can decide what genre is the sims favourite, and read all the books available in that genre, with a list they can refer back to to keep track.
    2. Opportunity for deeper book gameplay, especially useful for sims with the Bookworm trait or those in book clubs. eg, Talk about ...specific book with other sim. Also, if a sim still has a book in their inventory, they can Recommend book ... to other sims and gift it to them.

qYIyz6C.png

Reading specific genres could be a Likes/Dislikes.

Or, a separate Favourites <3 Category could be added, especially useful for book genres, movie genres, specific types of foods and drink.
  • Hcla25239028Hcla25239028 Posts: 22 Member
    Jobs ideas
    The sims is in need of more job opportunities besides cook, writer, business etc. Here are a few examples:
    Cosmetologist
    Real Estate Agents/Brokers
    Dental Assistant
    Health Aides
    Archaeologists
    Architect
    Travel agent
    art conservator
    Private Tutor
    Teacher
    Principal
    News anchor
    Homemaker
    Nanny
    Butler
    Assistant / secretary
    Store manager
    City manager
    Gym instructor
    And the list goes on.. Also these should be filled with local seems giving you the chance to see them while they are on the job and vice verse.
  • Iftheskywasgreen260Iftheskywasgreen260 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey simmers! I wanted to know if you have plans on overhauling the color swatches
    Like you did with skin tones thank you!
  • SeaAnenememeSeaAnenememe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there, thanks for opening up this forum. I've been playing since the original The Sims, and I quite truthfully cannot remember a time in my life that I wasn't obsessed with this game franchise. I was four years old when the original was released and spent many hours watching my older brother play until I was old enough to play myself. My life has been shaped by this franchise in so many ways! I couldn't even begin to estimate how many hours I spent playing the first three entries into this series and even now as a first time homeowner, renovating our small, 100+ year house, I find myself inspired by some of my favorite packs in The Sims and The Sims 2 and trying to convince my husband to let me paint the walls this specific color, or decorate that specific way because it makes me think of something in these games! I now primarily play the first two Sims games, and sometimes Sims 3, and sometimes Sims 4, which I believe is unfortunately the weakest entry into the series. I say this all because I want to make clear how much I love this series, and how much I miss being absorbed by this game! So, thank you for opening this forum.

I think the biggest roadblock concerning depth in The Sims 4 is that, if I play with a sim for 5 hours, they'll feel exactly the same in the 5th hour as they do in the 1st. The world around them might change, they might have more money or a toddler to take care of, or they might have even physically changed. However, the sim feels no different and they still interact with the world in the same ways.

Implementing likes and dislikes has been a big step in the right direction -- especially since the game prompts you to develop them based on your sims actions. Genius! Now my sim has a slightly different personality in hour 5 compared to hour 1, and it makes them experience different emotions when they interact with the world. I love it! Sentiments also seem to be a step in the right direction, though for me personally the likes and dislikes have been more impactful.

I think implementing a memory system (like the one from TS2) would further this concept by leaps and bounds, and could integrate fantastically with the emotions system and sentiments. I think the easiest way to expand this thought is to give an example:

Imagine a sim that lost their brown haired, ambitious spouse to a fire.
    - Their spouse's death, becoming a widow, and being traumatized by the fire could all be permanent memories.
    - Now, whenever our sims interacts with one of their children (or just anyone?) that also has the ambitious trait or brown hair, they could have a one-sided, long term or permanent sentiment to the effect that they remind our sim of their late spouse. You could go deeper on this and make it a bittersweet sentiment (which might translate to simply a happy emotion?) if our sim loved their spouse, or a negative sentiment if our sim hated their spouse (which might translate to a tense emotion).
    - For a week after the memory was created, the sim could receive a tense emotion whenever they cook ("This better not catch on fire..." or something to that effect)
    - Every fire our sim experiences after this event could result in an emotion that lasts longer and is more intense (whether it's being tense, scared, sad, or confident after putting out the fire), demonstrating a real change in how our sim experiences the world.

This memory system and its integration would be a lot of work to add, but I think it would revolutionize the game!

Moving on to smaller suggestions:

- I think an attraction system like in TS2 is great for making the sims feel real and fleshed out. It could also integrate really well with the memory system! Was your sim cheated on by their husband who was a 'Bro?' Maybe there's a chance they have a new turn-off, where they aren't attracted to anyone who is a 'Bro.'
    - I really lose immersion when my sims are able to meet someone, marry them, cheat on them, and then make up and be friends in the span of two days, tops. I think the concept of the 'daily relationship' and 'lifetime relationship' makes sense. That way you can still see the progress you're making with a relationship when looking at the daily bar (instant gratification), but the pace is kept in check by the lifetime bar (delayed gratification, immersion and depth).
    - I've accepted that TS4 has a mostly non-open world, but I still think carpools and the ownership of cars would really add some realism and depth to the game. Seeing the different qualities of carpools in relation to the sim's job level is a way to bring their job home and make it feel somewhat real. To me, it feels like the sims simply de-spawn and cease to exist while they're at work (which is kind of true, but it shouldn't feel that way.) Seeing a bit of their work lives changes that, and it makes the world feel bigger. It brings the outside world onto your lot, which I think is important with a closed world game.
    - I've seen a few people in this threat mention the job hunting system and how it should be more difficult, and I agree! I love the ideas of only a few jobs being available each day, and the possibility of not being hired at entry level if you don't have any skills at all in the field. Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring for that idea, too.

These ideas would help me to stay interested in playing for more than a few hours, a couple times a year. Thanks again for this opportunity! And for the many hours it'll take to sort through this long, essay-filled forum! :)
  • PollyTicsPollyTics Posts: 2 New Member
    AZ25BLUE also had really good points I just want to reiterate:

~Expand Story Mode in CAS

~Starting sentiments

~ WHIMS!! I absolutely LOVE whims, but they are so badly broken, which is why they're turned off by default I'm sure (We all know about the bee box).

Another point on difficulty, can we get an actual, legitimate, rags-to-riches setting where sims aren't assigned to a lot and don't get the random benefits like the inheritance, lottery, and are less likely to find or be gifted expensive items (think rabbits, dust bunnies, birds, dumpsters, etc.) I love eco lifestyle and I love the idea of dumpster diving, but its not a challenge when you keep finding $3000 pieces of furniture
  • AlienmermaidAlienmermaid Posts: 5 New Member
    I was reading new comments and there are several ideas I'm very into it:

1. MEMORIES. Memories current system is not user friendly. Not only it includes all the photos taken by my Sims (repeated 4 times) in that game, but also the photos I took pressing c and the photos of all the played Sims games. It takes a lot to find a specific photo and you can't pick an specific emotion to them. An album to organize memories and include only the photos taken pressing c and in that specific save file game and pick the emotion and text whatever we want.
    2. RANDOM DEATHS. In the Sims 3, a Sim can die mysteriously and suddenly or just move. I want this option in the Sims 4 with your characteristic good sense of humour. For example, Sim 1 died in a flood although he was last saw in Oasis Springs, Sims 2 fell in love a Sim from Isla Paradiso and run away the city hell, etc.
    3. Surprisingly, I haven't read about BIOGRAPHIES yet but we do need them. Currently, we only have household biographies and they allow very few words. I want to write more words and house descriptions that are just able in the gallery. Sims description allow very few words in the gallery as well. I want Sims individual biographies back. Sometimes, I spend hours just writing and reading individual bios in the Sims 3 and I want long individual bios were able in the Sims 4 as well. That way, we can write the experiences and memories of our Sim in the game. Currently, I have my favorite Sims bio in the book description they write to have it in the game. I wish those descriptions could be bit longer. Finally, biographies would be great to add our lore.
  • Skysim4Skysim4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I’d like to see challenges similar to the sims 2 where you had to schmooze the headmaster for private schooling but with a twist, different personalities reflect the social interaction so some sims may naturally ruin it and some sims may get there children accepted its like Sims are always on the same level so going from one household to another to complete the same challenge at the same rate gets boring. There needs to be a twist or a surprise that reflex’s on a sims individual personality that alters gameplay and allows for story progression. I know there is a personality system in place along with likes and dislikes which is cool but it doesn’t alter weather or not I can read the same 3 books and archive the same cooking level as the next sim. There isn’t any Individuality unless we imagine it ourselves and that’s cool but we like the game to have some control so we’re surprised more so than board with the same outcome each time this with a memory system that helps you keep up with all of your sins hardships challenges and successes in their life. Also babies need to not be objects lol had to toss that in there!
  • GiantWomenGiantWomen Posts: 2 New Member
    The sims themselves are a big part of gameplay. The problem with the sims is ts4 is they have no personality and there's no spontaneity in the game. Here are somethings that made the pior games fun and replayable! Ts4 should have been the best of sims2 and sims3
    1. Traits need to be retuned. Traits should have there own soical interactions, like in sims3. We need 5 traits back, because it does make a difference in game. Traits should matter! In ts4 theres no difference between an evil sim trait and a good trait. Lastly, there should be more traits added as options. You have all you need in TS2 and ts3 to easily add new traits to the base game.
    2. We need a better memory system like is ts2 and TS3
    3. We need more whims/wants/fears. Its like you all gave up on them, but they add to the depth of the sims
    4. We need improved aspirations and lifetime aspirations back in the game. I am so tried of the aspirations being a tutorial for a new pack!
    5. We need a rumor system, because there is no consequences if my sim does anything, and the reptation system has no nuance to it.
    6. There should be an attraction system. Romantic relationships in TS4 are not challenging. Romantic have no woeght, and are not difficult they become repetitive and boring.
    7. Add to the emotions system! There is the possible of experiencing 27 different emotions in the human experience, I would love to see that reflected in what is supposed to be a life simulation game!
    8. Better autonomy please!!! The sims in ts4 are not smart. In my game I have autonomy on "full" and my sims are still helpless. Also, would be great if they knew how to queue at the frig!!!!
    9. Tune down the environmental happy modlet! In fact you should only have the environment effect the sim, of it's decorated poorly.

The Sims4 should have combined the best features from prior generations paired with new inavations. Its extremely disappointing that the game is almost a decade old and doesn't have all the things that I've and many other people have listed! Not only that, but the community has been asking for these things for almost a decade. So you can imagine why people are frustrated with ts4 and why the game barely trends! Please give us some depth back! I'd love to play a game that I don't have to add a ton of mods to get what I had in sims2 and sims3.
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    I feel that the game is lacking challenge and depth in the area of romance, and a sim's over all autonomy.

When it comes to romance in the Sims 4 there is not much challenge at all as compared to previous Sims games. A sim that has the mean trait can romance a sim with the good trait without any challenge at all even if their traits are complete opposites of each other. There should be some kind of challenge and depth to romance and a sims traits, likes, dislikes, friendship level, and romance relationship level should all come into play. Also to make the game more interesting and adding depth to the game in the area of romance, is sims weather they're played sims or npc's sims can autonomously propose girlfriend\boyfriend, engagement, and marriage. Sims in romantic relationship can feel deferent about each other and not the same on the romance bar as it is now. Like two sims who are engaged to one another, one sim can be at 75% on the romance bar and the other sim at 100% on the romance bar, this would be more of a challenge.

Also it should be more challenging to date or romance an npc sim that is married depending on an npc's traits, especially if the npc has a good relationship with spouse. Not impossible but a lot more challenging. Asking an npc should be more of a challenge, than it is now.

I was exited about the addition of likes and dislikes to the Sims 4, but I was left unsatisfied with likes and dislikes since they didn't make that much of an impact on the depth of gameplay since they only gave Sims buffs that affected emotions only, and did not affect a sims autonomy at all. Sims are still left with the same old autonomy of the same old obsession's, like running across a lot to look at a birth certificate. One of my sims who is a child does not like dancing, but if the radio is on she well still dance even for along time. What I would like to have seen is for her to stop dancing shortly soon after. She would than receive a hidden buff that would stop her form dancing for awhile (say 12 hours). She would than go find and perform some activity she likes, maybe like piano (added to her autonomy for liking piano), or take care of her needs.

Also a sims likes, dislikes, and traits should have an impact on friendship and conversation. For example a sim with a mean trait should have a harder time making friends with a sim with a good trait. It shouldn't be impossible for them to become friends or stay friends just a little more challenging.
  • SimtasticgallerySimtasticgallery Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2021
    I found a Twitter suggestion, today, that is worth looking at! All the credits goes to her!
    In summary, we need more consequences, realistic reactions to even, more tough situations without so easy solutions.
    For example All the favors, and stuff we get from the NPCs of the Henford-On-Bagley kind of ruins the whole thing for me.
    Always look The Sims 1,2 and 3 features, especially the details and lore within the gameplay and its towns / subhoods when it doubt that's will always be the way to make a successful game or comeback! :)

https://twitter.com/xxtinkerbell/status/1428396446752116744

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Lot challenges, its a start.
    I think the lot challenges in the game are a good start there just needs to be more such as can't get a job with out a diploma or don't have an unlimited amount of cloths in the dresser.

Continue support.
    My biggest concern is that the things that add challenge will not be updated and will be forgotten like holiday or lifestyles. The reputation system needs more of an input in a sims life. My sim had a bad rep but you barley notice it in the gameplay. Even pollution is so hard to get in the game! Is there a way to make pollution a lot trait if you own eco lifestyle maybe.

Going to a club is free?
    If you go to a club its free.
    If you go to the museum its free.
    There is no entry fee. Sims can gain entrance to anything for free.
    Even traveling is free.

Bigger Priced objects
    Everything in the sims 4 is easy to buy. There is no reason to save money. If your sims are sitting with 80k they are set unless they want to upgrade there house. A good challenge is to add big sticker price items to the game such as buying a second house, vacation home or a commercial venue. I think it would be a good challenge if our sims had a reason to set finance goals for something to work toward.

Sims are too forgiven
    No matter what you do to a sim if you talk to them enough they forgive you. Even if you move into there house and steal all there money and move out, they take no notice to it. We need more challenge in how sims gain relationships.

More autonomy
    Sims rarely act out in a negative way on there own. I never see a teen run away, they never bring any boys over on there own they never sneak out they don't even complain they don't get an allowance or anything new. Improving there life stages would improve the challenge to the game.

Justice System
    This is a weird one. Why don't we have a justice system. Your sim can become a investigator and put other sims in prison but if your sim is bad and kills other sims or steals no one even notices. We need more punishments for our sims getting married and then killing her husband the next day. My sim can get a job in the criminal career but there is no risk because there is no justice system. My male sims can have 100 babies and they can leave the next day and not pay a dime in child support.
  • emeraldpaintemeraldpaint Posts: 1 New Member
    To me, challenge means added incentive and motivation to keep playing because achieving milestones sims' lives is fun. Having surprises and variety adds to the enjoyment and challenge. More challenge gives a sense of accomplishment to the player. My ideas to add challenge are:

Harder relationships: Relationships could build at different rates depending on the common or conflicting likes/dislikes your sim has with another sim. For example, if they both like painting, they can bond over this and build relationship faster. But if one sim likes video games and another dislikes video games it will be harder to build their relationship. Relationships build at different rates depending on the interaction of traits between two sims. For example, for a cheerful sim and a gloomy sim it will be harder to build their relationship. Add a cooling off period to make it harder to rebuild a relationship after a fight or if a sim catches their significant other cheating. For example, maybe you can’t build positive relationship for two days. After two days the sim can try to apologise and build relationship again. Also, please change how taking photos with sims makes them build relationships faster – it makes it too easy to become friends. Taking too many photos with someone you’ve just met IRL would be creepy so maybe there’s a limit on how many photos you can take with a new acquaintance and the relationship bar doesn’t increase.

More challenging and variety in aspirations: Aspirations can feel repetitive and easy if you have played through all of them. Tasks within aspirations could be randomised to add more variety. For example, for the first level of the Master Chef aspiration there could be a pool of tasks such as ‘Cook 5 different recipes’, ‘Achieve level 2 cooking skill’, ‘Cook 10 group meals’, ‘Cook at a grill 5 times’ etc in addition to the existing ones. The game randomises which tasks are part of your sim’s aspiration. The result would be for each sim, even though they may have the same aspiration, they have different tasks to complete. This could be done for child sim aspirations too. Another way would be to add more challenging tasks that take longer or more effort to complete. For example, serial romantics have to go on 50 dates with different sims.

More challenge with negative events: Fires could have the risk of spreading to burn down an entire room or your whole house. Make it harder for sims to extinguish a big fire so you need the fire service to put it out. There could be more spontaneous negative scenarios that have serious consequences that affect relationships, career progress, and money. For example, if your sim goes to work with really low bladder or hygiene they have a chance to get reprimanded and demoted

More challenge to making money: A fun challenge in the sims is trying to make money and build an amazing home, but once you are rich, reach the highest level of your career and you house is beautiful, it can feel like there’s less motivation to keep playing. It could be more challenging to make money by having lower salary and bonuses especially at later levels of careers. Or you need to complete extra tasks in order to get the bonus like write a long report or prepare a presentation. Royalties for books you’ve written could depreciate faster. Money for selling paintings could be limited so that you are only allowed to sell one painting and then there is a cool off period before you can sell another one.
    You could get phone calls that you have to pay a fine or lose money. This could range from small amounts such as the library makes you pay a late return fee or your kid is going on an excursion for school so you have to pay for the bus and museum entry ticket. Then this progresses to larger amounts (as your household funds increase) such as it is discovered a long-lost relative passed away leaving you to pay their debt, which means the repo man might come and your sims have to start building their wealth again. Also, there needs to be many scenarios so they don’t become repetitive or only happen once to each sim. And the timing needs to not be too frequent for example, a chance of these happening randomly one or two times every 4 sim.

To me, depth means every sim feels unique and different. The world feels more surprising like there is more to discover. Every time you play, the game is different – you could play many times but always feel your sim is new and different things are thrown your way. Aspirations have more meaning – like sims really want to fulfill their life dream. Relationships have more meaning – like relationships go both ways and longer, cherished relationships have special interactions and effects on your sim. My suggestions to add depth are:

Whims: Whims could be refreshed so they add new goals and wants to your sims lives. Whims should be tailored to sims aspirations, traits, likes/dislikes, career, life stage (child, young adult, elder), mood, relationships, recent events/context (e.g., if they recently got fired or married) so they feel relevant and unique to each sim. Irrelevant or general whims not tied to aspirations or traits like buying a chair could be removed. There should be a mixture of short-term oriented whims and medium-long term whims (which you can pin/save to work towards over a longer period of time). For example, short-term whims might be to ask a sim on a date or get a job and medium-long term whims could be make 10 friends, earn 10,000 simoleons or get to level 5 of a career.

Spontaneity in relationships and situations: Add more spontaneous things that happen to your sims without your planning which adds a sense of surprise and fun. Sims you have some relationship with could autonomously invite you to a dinner party, birthday party, wedding, etc. Sims could autonomously propose to you, ask if you want to try for a baby, ask for a divorce, ask to become best friends, etc. This would happen after a while if you haven’t initiated it yourself. You would get a pop-up asking if you agree or not. If you agree, it starts the interaction.
    There could also be more spontaneous reasons to visit other lots. For example, maybe if you have written a book recently you get an invitation asking you to go to the library where you have to do a reading or book-signing. If you’ve sold a masterpiece, you are randomly invited by the art gallery to go there and critique or judge some art. If you have high fitness skill, they ask you to go to the gym to mentor some sims. It could look like an event similar to dates or dinner parties where you need to complete a number of tasks and can get a reward. There could be lots of different scenarios and it would be random and not too frequent so they don’t become predictable or repetitive.

Sentiments: Sentiments could affect gameplay by unlocking different interactions between sims. For example, sims could reminisce about the time related to that sentiment or sims who are closer have a special handshake or hug interaction. Relationship could build faster for a couple of sim hours when a positive sentiment appears (and negative relationship build faster for a negative sentiment).
  • kimberleyntdkimberleyntd Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Sims Team!

Thank you for letting us voice our opinion and taking it into consideration!

[b]1. Make it cost to travel between worlds? (With the option of a toggle on/off[/b]
    Currently, if a sim lives in Mt. Komorebi, they can instantly travel to Sulani without paying a dime. Although I love taking my sims to all of the different worlds, it holds no challenge for my sim to experience island life, when in reality, she lives in a cold mountain (and most likely in a different country.) I want all of the different "worlds" to feel like different towns/countries my sim can visit, but not just "show up" because they want to club in the city for 3 hours. For this, I imagine there being a taxi fee or airplane ticket they would have to buy, and perhaps the amount could depend on where you're at vs where you're going. For example, traveling from Newcrest to San Myshuno could be much cheaper than traveling from Newcrest to Mt. Komorebi.

[b]2. Add Wants and Fears [/b]
    In the Sims 2, I would give myself a challenge by only allowing my sim to marry, get a job, or have a kid if it showed up in their wants. Being able to do that in the Sims 4 would add more of a challenge, but also more depth into our Sims personality. Fears could hold higher consequences

[b]3. Spice Up Romance![/b]
    Relationships could be more in-depth with turn on's/turn-offs, gender preference, marital status, childhood/teen crushes. Maybe a super incompatible couple have more arguments than a compatible couple?

[b]4. Story Progression [/b]
    Inactive households should be living their life in the background - getting married (to compatible sims), having babies, getting promotions, moving houses/worlds if they don't fit in that house anymore, make friends, gain hobbies.

This would add so much depth in storytelling. My sim would have to fight for the guy she wants to marry, see her cousins grow and have families, and see others move up in their careers alongside her.

5. Risk, Danger, and Challenge
    Let our sims have the ability to die randomly, more often (Fires, Satellites, Meteor, Lightning, Vlad Over-Eating on his visit, etc.)
    Burglars
    Child Support
    Official Rags to Riches Mode (starting funds are 0, on an empty lot, unable to build house until a specific amount is reached, unable to marry until house is built, etc.)
  • HelcraHelcra Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing sims my whole life, from the first sims game through the sims 4 (even handheld console spin offs like the urbs or the sims bustin out on gba). There are many types of sims players (builders, CAS players, legacy players, etc.) I would consider myself some combination of a role player/challenge player. I have some imagination, and I love creating unique sims/beautiful lots etc. but my motivation for playing is to 'live' my sims lives, fulfilling their wants, objectives and aspirations, while trying my best to avoid negative outcomes.

To this end, a big way to create greater challenge and depth in the base game for me is to have consequences for my/my sims actions (both positive and negative), to have a sense of randomness in the game, and incentive to engage with different gameplay features.

Here's a scenario: My sim has broken their tv. They have a want/whim to repair the tv (based on their personality, maybe having a tinkering trait), but lack handiness skill. They could try to fix it, but might fail or eletrocute themselves, so do I take the risk to satisfy their desire or do I call the repairman? Or perhaps I just live without a tv until my handiness skill is high enough?

The way the system is currently set up, there is little 'chance' in the game. You are given warnings any time there might be a negative consequences to an action, rather than it being tied to random probability, and there is seldom any greater reward that would incentivize players to take risks. If nothing bad ever happens, than I don't apreciate when good things happen. If there are negative consequences and failure, then I feel a sense of accomplishment when I build up skills, develop relationships or do the necessary action to avoid/overcome them.

This is one of my biggest expectations from a sims base game. Where content is limited, I expect engaging gameplay. Gameplay like consequences, aspiration sucess/failure, objectives, random npc scenarios and chance cards is what–in my opinion–made past sims games fun, challenging, and engaging.

Those who are playing the sims for CAS or building can still do so and don't have to engage with these features, and those who want/need to control everything or get stressed by negative outcomes can be given the option to turn them off, but for players like me, the lack of these features makes a big impact on my enjoyment of the the game (and challenging gameplay isn't something that is modded in as easily as say a custom table or hairstyle).

I would play and enjoy the Sims 4 a lot more if the sims development team added more features like this into the base game.

As for specific areas I'd like to see more depth in, the relationship system is a big one. Having relationship bars that develop independent of each other and a chemistry system allows for more depth and challenge in sims relationships. Unrequited love is a classic example, and it doesn't have to be romantic. You could have a loving mother and estranged child situation or a person who hates cats being followed by a cat that's obsessed with them. I would love to see more variety in relationship types/labels as well (i.e. frenemies/rivals, coworkers, classmates etc.).

More depth in traits/personality would also be appreciated. I'm a big fan of personality points (like in sims 1 and 2) separate from traits that influence sim animations and interactions with others. (I.e. a sloppy sim stuffing their face at the table, and leads to other sims reacting with disgust or laughter, or a lazy sim getting winded on a treadmill or having less chemistry with an active sim). Personality types that are unique and clash with others add depth to the game, and make social interactions more challenging.

Last but not least, I think the villager system and villager errands in Cottage Living is fantastic. Implimenting a similar system in the base game and other expansion packs would add a whole new level of depth and challenge to the game. Having a bunch of NPC roles that could be assiged (either randomly or by the player) in each of the different worlds like mayor, librarian, doctor, bartender, fire chief etc. that you could go to and get random errands or missions from would be a fun feature that hasn't been implemented in any of the previous sims titles (the main ones). I think this would add a lot of playabilty to the game.

To sum everything up (TLDR): a more challenging and deep sims game for me has consequences (both positive and negative), randomness (like npc scenarios and chance cards), risks and rewards.

Game mechanics I would like to see more depth added to include the relationship system (separate relationship bars/chemistry system) and the personality system (making traits matter). I think adding NPC roles to more worlds and errands/missions (like the villager system in cottage living) would add greater depth and playability to sims 4.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
  • Cupcake0061Cupcake0061 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, im 33 and have been playing the sims since I was 13ish so a good 20 years!! I have noticed some great changes and some not so great changes, First i love the new carrier option to go to work. YES lets continue that but add to it. My sims advance way yo fast and level up to top so fast and that makes it boring going forward. Also we need more!!!! Carrier options. there is so many options out there to make a sim have a super easy job hard or boring. But i think more than 4 or 5 new carriers is a must...!!! It rains way to much... To the point i want to turn it off.. Its just over saturated with rain... I would love more romantic spontaneity, Its never fun to feel like relationships are one sided. I also feel the towns are way to small and not enough room for growth. you get maybe 3 houses empty.. Thats it and its not enough, I want to be able to have a town not a small block.

If you made it this far thank you for your time and thank you for giving us the chance to speak out.
  • yikyik Posts: 1 New Member
    The change to bills was a kinda frustrating change to 'difficulty' that just makes me hustle for cash more and have less time to spend pursuing my sim's dreams, and punishes players for not opting for a hard-eco lifestyle when they weren't before. it feels like it's gotten wildly more expensive.

I'd like to see more consequences for actions though, romance especially feels way too easy and low-risk.
  • bzrburns2bzrburns2 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi!

1. As it stands now, traits are irrelevant; no matter how differently you make each sim they all act the same. They all make the same autonomous decisions (video gaming & drinking water being their favorite activities :/ ).
    2. Relationships should have more meaning - jealousy should be a REAL thing! You shouldn't be able to have romantic interactions with other sims in front of your love interest and nothing bad happen! Really, just make the relationships like they were in the TS2.
    3. When sims call your active sim to invite them out for dates/hanging out/festivals/etc., can there please be an option to meet up later? Like - yeah, my sim wants to go but they're in the middle of something at the moment, but in a few hours they'll be down. Please, this would be great.
    4. The incessant calling from friends is insaaaaane, can y'all please cut back on that? Jeremy is super happy you're now his friend, Akira, but you don't need to call him 86 times in one day, or show up at his house several times a day either...
    5. Now that we have likes/dislikes, can we have ATTRACTION? Why not give us categories for likes/dislikes for hair type, eye color, style, etc. (again, just revisit TS2 and you'll know what to do)?
    6. Some sentiments should be permanent. For example, a parent and their children could have fixed sentiments toward one another - y'all have the "adoring" sentiment for parents and their kids, so perhaps that could stay instead of dissipating after a while.
    7. Lifestyles are intense for no reason. My sim shouldn't be on the verge of a nervous breakdown because her friends aren't around all of the time.
  • VirgoGemVirgoGem Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks so much for this opportunity! There are a ton of great, in-depth posts with great ideas, so I’ll try to keep this fairly short.

I just want my sims to get more comfortable and multitask when watching tv or “relaxing” to make these actions feel a little more realistic. Most of my sims end up being homebodies since it’s usually too frustrating trying to get them to leave the house and do fun things in groups, so since they’re home most of the time, I’d like them to get a bit more comfy.

For example:

-Have the option to relax/lay on the sofa while watching tv or reading a book

-Allow sims to talk on the phone, read a book, and talk to other sims while relaxing (on bed, lounge chair, etc.)

-Have the option to snuggle while watching tv (not just sitting close together like the Movie Hangout cuddle interaction)

-Allow sims to read a book in a bubble bath

Oh and also, it would be really nice to be able to turn on the TV without having to watch it, just like the stereos are without having to listen.
  • ChupikChupik Posts: 2 New Member
    I would very much like a variety in the quarries (Make closed - open). To have more tasks and opportunities at work (If you have not completed an important job, then they are reprimanded. 3/3 of the reprimand is fired) and so on. There are a lot of areas that need to be improved / complicated. From relationships to work, economics
  • Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member

Hi Sims Team!!! Thanks for listening to us!

Some key points I've noted about more depth and challenge are below:

1. Different outcomes! I miss the lack of different outcomes that may or may not be tied to different animations. For example skiing, snowboarding etc, would be more fun to do with different sims if there were more things that could happen to you as a result of doing it: eg sometimes you could get mildly hurt with a bruised foot and not be able to ski for a few hours, if you fell. Sometimes you could get a more serious injury like a broken leg or arm and have to go to the rabbithole hospital and come back with a cast for a sim week. Sometimes you could just find out that your sim is actually a scaredy cat (has a new gameplay trait) who refuses to go on anything higher than the bunny slope no matter how many times you send them down the slopes. Sometimes you could find out your sim is naturally gifted at skiing and so you advance much quicker through the skills and could get a random chance card to compete in the Simlympics minigame or unlock a new aspiration like world famous skiier or something. For me lack of depth really means a lack of different outcomes and depth and different outcomes is something the Sims 3 had in spades that the Sims 4 lacks.

This is what I mean when I would like more gameplay depth.

2. More variable outcomes to different gameplay events like I described above with skiing and snowboarding. Another example is in the variety of outcomes that you can get from doing certain things like going camping or advancing in a skill like canning. The sims 3 nectar making was a great example of gameplay with huge depth and challenge. There were different ways you could make nectar (either age it and get benefits from ageing it or just have it once it was done) and there were different outcomes for it (there were so many combinations that could make with many of the different harvestable in game and they all had different effects).

3. More random situations that happen to your sim out of the blue that you can not predict e.g. the random meteor of the sims 3.

4. Cross-pack integration: One more thing I think adds gameplay depth is more cross pack integration. In big ways and in small ways. Create more in-depth integration systems so that items that were added in other packs can contribute to activities done in new packs. A great example was what was done with the seasons bee box and how it later was able to create wax that we could use for candle making. This would be great to see with things like the scouting system from the parenthood pack which has not been updated with any of the newer outdoor or other such activities so that new activities like outdoor activities in Sulani can give you a badge for scouting.

These changes would significantly add challenge to the game, depth and increase replayability, making people actually want to keep playing the game over a long period of time.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2021
    Please add carpools and school buses. Also when a child grows into a YA it breaks the immersion when I have to go to Manage Worlds to see them move out. Make 'Moving Out' a playable event such as packing boxes in the yard and a taxi or moving van waiting to take them to their new lives. Edited to add: They can search computer or newspaper/phone to choose their new place of dwelling during the event.

Thanks for reading all of these comments. :)
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • NikooTheSeventhNikooTheSeventh Posts: 1 New Member
    Three things:

Difficulty setting to make the game more challenging and please add cars.
    Can you please consider adding a colouring system like sims 3 where you can have more colour options for everything its really limiting just having like 3-4 colours for every object.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Apartments need to be refreshed. Bigtime. The ability to build them or AT LEAST change windows and doors and wall heights on existing apartments. I'd love, as primarily a builder (except thanks to Dream Home Decorator and Cottage Living so now I actually PLAY the game now, hope you're happy.), to be able to create apartment buildings but since I don't have any idea if that's feasible in the game, I'd be happy to be able to do the other things I mentioned.

I think Sims also need to be fleshed out more, more traits like we had in former iterations of the game had, would be great. More hair colour choices and eye colour choices, better make up...ect. The ability to have long nails on sims and nail polish and stuff like that.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • abbbeyroksabbbeyroks Posts: 1 New Member
    1. Townies and unplayed sims that live their own lives. I always feel so bad having a family of 2+ kids because I usually only continue my story focusing on one. The remaining siblings always end up unemployed and unmarried until they die alone of old age. My base game worlds are ghost towns with beautiful houses that I wish sims would move into without me manually needing to do anything.

2. I wish I could toggle specific supernatural characters on and off for worlds outside their own. I really want Realm of Magic and Vampires for the build mode/CAS items but I want them to stay in Glimmerbrook/ Forgotten Hollow so they don’t affect the realism of my main game. I don’t want random Willow Creek townies becoming supernatural characters. Then again, I like aliens and mermaids, so toggles for each one would be nice. This is the only thing holding me back from buying Realm of Magic and Vampires.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top