Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Occults Would You Like To See?

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What new kinds of occults would you like to see? I know werewolves and faeries are beloved from earlier iterations of The Sims but what about other creatures or beings that would be a good fit for The Sims 4? It doesn't have to be something that has already been in The Sims franchise, it could be something entirely new.

How about their powers and skills, what might they be?

How about new occult careers?

Maybe some occult Traits and aspirations?
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would like to see Artificial intelligent robots that look like regular sims, but are in fact intelligent robots. They could have jobs, or sims could have them watch their children, things like that.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'd like a pack each for the remaining TS3:Supernatural life states: werewolf, fairy, and ghost.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I had this idea all typed out then decided to check and see if had ever been in the Sims before, Yep, it has and better than what I was thinking.

I was thinking maybe elves and found out Dragon Valley from Sims 3 had elves? So maybe creating a new Dragon Valley with elves and dragons would be cool.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2021
    Werewolf, or wearcat (same idea, just a feline).

Powers would involve transformation. EA already has that setup, it would work the same way as it does for vampires, and their dark side.
    Make the appearance of the wolf totally up to the player's choice like they do with the other occults that involve a secondary form.

When a wolf transforms the sim would have to deal with a few emotional ups and downs, and that their hunger need increases a bit. Not so much that it would cause them to starve and die. Once those initial changes happen and are solved the wolf can go on about their night with whatever they choose. Also when a sim changes their energy goes back up to 100 percent, and only on the night(s) they transform.

While in wolf form gaining certain skills would be just a little bit easier. I don't mean they would totally max out their skill, just that it would be easier, maybe like if they were working out, their exhaustion level just wouldn't be there while in wolf form.
    • Abilities would involve a faster running speed. EA already has this with vampires.
    • Friendly and not-so-friendly fighting. EA already has this with vampires as well, but this would also involve other wolves and/or vampires.
    • Wolfbane would need to be tweaked a bit to affect negatively werewolves, or Catnip for the werecats. If a player does not have those plants already in the game, make them available for the wolf pack. EA has done this in the past with Plasma fruit (Sims 3) in returning a certain type of plant.
    • Howling at the moon, or yelling (a louder meow for werecat).
    • Special interactions between animals and the were-creature.

These would just be a few ideas, I'm sure there are others here who could add more to this creature type.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @SheriSim57 do you mean servos?

gen3-banner.png
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Beyond werewolves and fairy inclusion, I wont rest until my sim can literally become the Grim Reaper.

#JusticeForGrimReaperCareer

Id also like to see traits about being in the presence of an occult. Id love to have a sim that's OBSESSED with finding occults and hopefully build a relationship with one. On the opposite end, a trait where a sim is just terrified of encountering an occult and cant stand to be around them.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2021
    I already have all the occults that I wished for. My priorities were vampires and witches/warlocks and I'm okay with them plus aliens and mermaids. I don't really care for anything else, but I'm not opposed to them either.
    I just don't see any use for other occults in my game but if they're made well who knows how fun they can be. I have an open mind for anything new.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    I have what I wanted. Witches/Spellcasters. So I don't really have any preference for what's next.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I might be interested in werewolves, depending on how they're implemented. Beyond that, I care nothing for anything else I've seen mentioned as a possibility.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited August 2021
    - real plantsims as a proper lifestate. They were my favourite in sims 2 and I am still sad about what they have been reduced to in sims 4
    - pet dragons like in the good old sims 1 days where they were included in making magic
    - werewolves, let's hope the calendar in base game is a sign that they want to add a lunar cycle and werewolves
    - plumbots servos are nice but when I look at all the customisation options for looks in sims 3 it feels like a step down. I would also like them to be rain proof (not waterproof but just being able to walk outside in the rain)
    - fairies would be nice but I can do without them

As for careers I would like to have a fortune teller career with a crystal ball, tarot cards and a gipsy wagon. This one would be great for work from home options. Telling the future could cause certain good or bad moodlets that set a specific event in motion when they run out.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Occults I want in order:
    1. Fairies
    2. Werewolves
    3. Genies
    4. Angels & Demons
    4. Aphrodite/Venus
    5. Aries & Hades
    6. Zeus & Hera
    7. Hinds
    8. Hercules & Thor
    9. Mother Nature
    10. Father Time
    11.Hawkgirl
    12. Storm

• KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Deleted.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    [Deleted]
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    What new kinds of occults would you like to see? I know werewolves and faeries are beloved from earlier iterations of The Sims but what about other creatures or beings that would be a good fit for The Sims 4? It doesn't have to be something that has already been in The Sims franchise, it could be something entirely new.
    Faeries, and then Werewolves are prio 1 and 2. Then of course, if they should feel up for it..

1. The Dragonshape Sim. To keep it Sim-ple, a Sim with the blood of a Dragon in his or her vein. Struggling to fit into a world full of people that might or might not appreciate their little quirks, like possibly causing fire accidents when they sneeze.
    Catzilla wrote: »
    How about their powers and skills, what might they be?
    Breathing fire - either on campfires or hostile Sims (you're here again after last time, Vlad?). Maybe even an object or two?

Dragon roar - causing Sims to get tense or fearful, unless they're brave, dragons themselves or has the new Dragonlover trait.

Long Life - An adult Dragon Sim lives twice as long as a normal Sim.

Ancient Power - When death is near, an elder Dragon can make a choice to either combust and let its ashes scatter in the wind (leaving some treasure behind), or go for a Phoenix Rebirth, which basically resets your Sim to babyhood (all skills as well), allowing the Sim to relive his life as a blessed/cursed being.

Energy - from Teenhood, the Dragonsim has more energy than the common Sim. Feel free to have this power battery do the worst chores.

Dragonskin - The Sim might catch fire during an accident, but it will be a minor inconvenience (as far as other Sims might believe), but will give the Dragon a boost of happiness.

Water Aversion - In rain or in the ocean, a Dragon's energy and comfort will zap away faster for a short while. But even a Dragonsim must shower every now and then which can ruin their day. If only they had a spellcaster pal that could cast Scrubbero on them.

Fiery Cough - Your Dragon can get a cold. If he does, make sure to keep him somewhere with few objects and out of the forests. With his big lungs, he's prone to powerful sneezes, with devastating results for anyone or anything that might be to close. A real incentive to actually use the medicine (might take two, the cold is as powerful as its host).

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    I'd like to see further development of the existing occults before we get new ones, but I certainly wouldn't mind getting new ones, especially if it were Fairies.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    My personal ranking is the following:

1. Dragons
    2. None
    3. Fairies
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Harry Potter or super heros

Not really into occults but I would be pretty excited for a Harry Potter style magic school.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Werewolves
    Orcs
    Minotaurs
    Gorgons
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would like to see Artificial intelligent robots that look like regular sims, but are in fact intelligent robots. They could have jobs, or sims could have them watch their children, things like that.

I'd like to see the Artificial intelligence robots that look like regular sims to be able to have Human romantic relationships with sims when it comes to adult sims or young adult sims, your choice. And you should be able to customize the AI Artificial Intelligence robots, too. Such as customize your AI robot's looks and the three traits that the robots can have the way you would an actual sim. And you can choose for them which young adult or adult to have a romantic relationship with. You have a good idea there. It has so much potential.
  • DominoPunkyHeartDominoPunkyHeart Posts: 10 New Member
    I might be one of the few people here to say this, but...

I really want Genies back for The Sims 4. We already have the Courtyard Oasis Kit featuring architecture of Morocco, and I think an entire town/world based around an area from that country (or even another North African country, like Egypt) would be very fitting for the inclusion of Genies. I would love it if Genies were very in depth like the other occults have been so far, and they could be found in lamps and also bottles. Maybe also can be found in other random or mysterious objects, further going into the lore of the Djinn. I would like to have the option to create Genies in CAS again like we could back in the Sims 3 days and have them be a part of the family once my Sim has freed them, or move them into the household. My Sims could even make a wish to be a Genie themselves and become one, allowing them to grant wishes for other Sims too. I think the developers could truly add a lot of gameplay with Genies, especially for a new world based around them, with several new outfits (traditional genie attire) and objects for the home. Maybe the new world could actually be an alternate dimension, where the Djinn have been said to exist. Our Sims could travel to their world and meet them there, or have the option to live there. Literally, there is countless possiblities the developers could do with this occult, and I feel the Sims 3 was on the right path when they included them in gameplay. I feel this occult deserves much more attention rather than simply be pushed aside for other occults. I'm all for having more occults in the game, and I hope we get to have them all again. Many players here have great ideas. I just hope that Genies won't be forgotten, especially when they have so much potential for unique gameplay.
    edited August 2021
    I might be one of the few people here to say this, but...

I really want Genies back for The Sims 4. We already have the Courtyard Oasis Kit featuring architecture of Morocco, and I think an entire town/world based around an area from that country (or even another North African country, like Egypt) would be very fitting for the inclusion of Genies. I would love it if Genies were very in depth like the other occults have been so far, and they could be found in lamps and also bottles. Maybe also can be found in other random or mysterious objects, further going into the lore of the Djinn. I would like to have the option to create Genies in CAS again like we could back in the Sims 3 days and have them be a part of the family once my Sim has freed them, or move them into the household. My Sims could even make a wish to be a Genie themselves and become one, allowing them to grant wishes for other Sims too. I think the developers could truly add a lot of gameplay with Genies, especially for a new world based around them, with several new outfits (traditional genie attire) and objects for the home. Maybe the new world could actually be an alternate dimension, where the Djinn have been said to exist. Our Sims could travel to their world and meet them there, or have the option to live there. Literally, there is countless possiblities the developers could do with this occult, and I feel the Sims 3 was on the right path when they included them in gameplay. I feel this occult deserves much more attention rather than simply be pushed aside for other occults. I'm all for having more occults in the game, and I hope we get to have them all again. Many players here have great ideas. I just hope that Genies won't be forgotten, especially when they have so much potential for unique gameplay.

I hope we can have CAS for the human like robots. But I am surprised by your Genie suggestions, you really thought this through, including the new world to live in. The new world could be like Agrabah, the movie from the film Aladdin, under a different name and an option to rule the kingdom by being kindness and caring or ruling with an iron fist and obsession with power like Jafar from Aladdin. I agree also that genies need to come out from bottles and lamps.
    > @EliteGirl said:
    > I hope we can have CAS for the human like robots. But I am surprised by your Genie suggestions, you really thought this through, including the new world to live in. The new world could be like Agrabah, the movie from the film Aladdin, under a different name and an option to rule the kingdom by being kindness and caring or ruling with an iron fist and obsession with power like Jafar from Aladdin. I agree that genies need to come out from bottles and lamps.

Now THAT would be a great idea! I really love the thought of our Sims living in a world based around the theme of Agrabah, and being able to choose a path of good or evil reign. Maybe even with the aide of a Genie to give them this power. It would really add a lot of story based gameplay. I also love your idea of Androids for the game too, as I am also a big fan of robots and I loved the Plumbots from Sims 3.
    edited August 2021
    The robot idea was the idea of @SheriSim57, not me. I just added some suggestions for her idea. I would love to have the human like robots be able to look like humans and able to be customized like other sims when it comes to the looks of the human like robots and be able to have the three traits feature just like the ones sims have and be able to choose who their robots have romantic relationships with, the ability to choose for robots to have romantic relationships with young adult or adult sims, I think the robots should be able to marry their sim lover, and the option to have LGBT robots. And I think before marriage, the human sims and the human like robots should start from friendship and lead to the human and human like robots to be boyfriend and girlfriend (or girlfriend and girlfriend, or boyfriend and boyfriend).
    > @EliteGirl said:
    > The robot idea was the idea of @SheriSim57, not me. I just added some suggestions for her idea. I would love to have robots be able to look like humans and able to be customized like other sims when it comes to the looks of the human like robots and be able to have the three traits feature just like the ones sims have and be able to choose who their robots have romantic relationships with, the ability to choose for robots to have romantic relationships with young adult or adult sims, I think the robots should be able to marry their sim lover, and the option to have LGBT robots.

This would be a wonderful idea for robotic/Android Sims. The ability to have relationships with human Sims is something I'd very enjoy for my personal gameplay, especially if we could make them all very different in appearances with several unique options just like making human Sims. It could be just as in depth as human Sim creation is. Going back to my Genie ideas, I would love it if we had variations of Genies too. Some could have smoke for legs and be able to float over the gound, while other Genies can appear more humanlike if they want to ( or if we want them to )
    edited August 2021
    > @EliteGirl said:
    > The robot idea was the idea of @SheriSim57, not me. I just added some suggestions for her idea. I would love to have robots be able to look like humans and able to be customized like other sims when it comes to the looks of the human like robots and be able to have the three traits feature just like the ones sims have and be able to choose who their robots have romantic relationships with, the ability to choose for robots to have romantic relationships with young adult or adult sims, I think the robots should be able to marry their sim lover, and the option to have LGBT robots.

This would be a wonderful idea for robotic/Android Sims. The ability to have relationships with human Sims is something I'd very enjoy for my personal gameplay, especially if we could make them all very different in appearances with several unique options just like making human Sims. It could be just as in depth as human Sim creation is. Going back to my Genie ideas, I would love it if we had variations of Genies too. Some could have smoke for legs and be able to float over the gound, while other Genies can appear more humanlike if they want to ( or if we want them to )

You summed up what I want for human like robots perfectly. Yes, we should be have the human like robots to be created the same way we can create human sims, traits and looks wise.I think Genies should be created however we want too. I think humans having romantic relationships with human like robots would be a great addition for an expansion pack, with the option to choose whether or not the human robots and human sims are in an LGBT marriage/relationship or an heterosexual marriage/relationship.