Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your opinion please <3

I have been making collection rooms since the sims 4 beginning of times <3 I however work for them, My sim searches or earns every thing in that collection room. However, I have been playing the new pack and those ribbons is a slight nightmare for me. I am not managing to get all the types. And gameplay just takes forever even if I cheat the sim's needs. Would you guys be upset or offended if I just give in and use the debug ones in my collection room? It will be a first time ever. My collection rooms can be found here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851201/full-collection-updated-november-2020-on-pg-21/p21

Your opinion please <3 58 votes

Yes we will be upset, you need to earn them honestly
10% 6 votes
No we understand, use debug ... no problem
89% 52 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Anyone who uses a room like that should never be offended by how the items got there. :smiley:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No one would even have known how you got those items. Lol why did you even announce it?

I only found out about the ribbons yesterday :D
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Anyone who uses a room like that should never be offended by how the items got there. :smiley:

Hahaha true that ;) I just feel better if my sim earned it LOL
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No one would even have known how you got those items. Lol why did you even announce it?

I only found out about the ribbons yesterday :D

I guess I am just a very honest person ;) Would have felt guilty if I just did it the cheaty way LOL
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    If it feels too cheaty, you can share the debug version now, then take your time as you feel up for it collecting them for yourself. From reading other threads and watching videos, it seems like a lot of people are struggling with them.
    HavenRose wrote: »
    If it feels too cheaty, you can share the debug version now, then take your time as you feel up for it collecting them for yourself. From reading other threads and watching videos, it seems like a lot of people are struggling with them.

Love that idea <3 I will get starting on the debug version, but will complete it honestly as well in the future, its soooo hard gosh :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited August 2021
    Well honestly in gameplay ribbon collection doesn't really make sense to me I don't think anyone would enter competition and then get mad they got first place instead of participation reward cause " i got this ribbon already :disappointed: "

so yeah i kinda feel like id work for the winning ones and rest i either get while failing at that or i am allowed to get from debug if i really want it for some reason

for a gallery room though? cheat away. isn't that what people do when they pick up gallery room anyway ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Well honestly in gameplay ribbon collection doesn't really make sense to me I don't think anyone would enter competition and then get mad they got first place instead of participation reward cause " i got this ribbon already :disappointed: "

so yeah i kinda feel like id work for the winning ones and rest i either get while failing at that or i am allowed to get from debug if i really want it for some reason

for a gallery room though? cheat away. isn't that what people do when they pick up gallery room anyway ;)

Yeah that was my thought exactly, that is why I was not sure I would ever get the ribbon, I even tried not feeding the poor animals to get different ribbons, but got the same ones over and over. Hahaha I guess I thought they were not cheating because I did the hard work, now the ribbons will be cheating though LOL :D
    edited August 2021
    Thanks all, I have updated my full collection room with the cheaty ribbons, Happy simming to all and thanks for your opinions <3
    OtyFDnC.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Thanks all, I have updated my full collection room with the cheaty ribbons, Happy simming to all and thanks for your opinions <3
    OtyFDnC.png

Whoaaaa what is that big pink rock over on the right?
    edited August 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Whoaaaa what is that big pink rock over on the right?

Its an alien rock thingy. You get it when you go and explore with the rocketship :D
    Its from the space rocks collection ;)

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Dude, I haven't ever even seen 90% of that stuff in game. It's simmers like you that put together these collections that make it easier for simmers like me to decorate my house. lol
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    If, for any reason, I ever go looking for specific collections or debug items in the gallery, it's because I'm feeling too lazy to go look for it myself. I won't judge how it got there since I'm the one looking for it and you're just making it that much easier.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Dude, I haven't ever even seen 90% of that stuff in game. It's simmers like you that put together these collections that make it easier for simmers like me to decorate my house. lol

aww thank you, glad to be able to help decorate your house :D
    Pixilated wrote: »
    If, for any reason, I ever go looking for specific collections or debug items in the gallery, it's because I'm feeling too lazy to go look for it myself. I won't judge how it got there since I'm the one looking for it and you're just making it that much easier.

Thank you, I do hope some of my collection rooms will help you out in the future, and thanks for giving your opinion :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Debug menus are available for a reason. By all means - help yourself.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Debug menus are available for a reason. By all means - help yourself.

Thank you :) I did indeed :D
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    OtyFDnC.png

Now, THAT is dedication. You've collected everything the organic way, except the ribbons? That's awesome! Don't beat yourself up too badly with the ribbons though. Like others have said, if they're downloading the room from the Gallery, they probably don't care how it got there, just that it's there.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    It's your game, do whatever you want. No one should be judging you. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    There's nothing wrong with using debugs or the live objects cheats, especially if you don't use mods. Just have fun. ;)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2021
    I personally would be OK with this.
    But, I know, you say it's a nightmare. You want to have it over with. Won't you regret later, though? In couple of weeks, months? Since you did the rest of the collectibles "the old fashion way".

Do whatever makes YOU happy. We sim to have fun and joy, not to struggle (with little things, I dare to say).
    Oh, I am late to the party. NVM. Happy simming! As long as you are happy :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I personally think this particular collection doesn't deserve to be a collection. It's essentially the exact same 4 ribbons several times, but with different descriptions. And you don't really earn them either, they're randomly assigned, which is not in line with what you do to get them. I mean, random collectibles from random spawners is OK. Random "prizes" for a competition in which you are objectively the best, is not. And as said above, its not like you enter a competition to not win.
    By all means, debug is 100% justified for this particular "collection".
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Your house, your rules.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    For the longest time I was under the impression that people who uploaded rooms like this always use debug to get the items. I was surprised to learn you actually earn them in game, I think I first realise with JtB. I think it is great that you earned so many collections in game. It makes me appreciate the collection rooms even more.

It is totally up to you if you want to use debug to complete them or not. You should only collect or earn them in game if you like doing so, not to please others.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    You can always add ribbons that you have gotten in the game later. If it is as random as it seems it would be a shame to burn out the enjoyment of playing for grinding after ribbons.
    Now, THAT is dedication. You've collected everything the organic way, except the ribbons? That's awesome! Don't beat yourself up too badly with the ribbons though. Like others have said, if they're downloading the room from the Gallery, they probably don't care how it got there, just that it's there.

I find it a challenge and also a good way to get to learn how to play with all the new gameplay in a new pack <3 Thanks, I have uploaded my room with the cheaty ribbons, but I will still try and earn them. No idea how though, but I will try sims with different skill levels, relationship statusses with animals and so on LOL
    Kimmer wrote: »
    It's your game, do whatever you want. No one should be judging you. :)

Thank you <3
    I personally would be OK with this.
    But, I know, you say it's a nightmare. You want to have it over with. Won't you regret later, though? In couple of weeks, months? Since you did the rest of the collectibles "the old fashion way".

Do whatever makes YOU happy. We sim to have fun and joy, not to struggle (with little things, I dare to say).
    Oh, I am late to the party. NVM. Happy simming! As long as you are happy :)

Thanks, yeah so what I did was update my collection rooms including my big full collection one and then I will just play on for however long and complete it the honest way for myself as well <3
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I personally think this particular collection doesn't deserve to be a collection. It's essentially the exact same 4 ribbons several times, but with different descriptions. And you don't really earn them either, they're randomly assigned, which is not in line with what you do to get them. I mean, random collectibles from random spawners is OK. Random "prizes" for a competition in which you are objectively the best, is not. And as said above, its not like you enter a competition to not win.
    By all means, debug is 100% justified for this particular "collection".

My thoughts exactly, Its nothing like our other collection items. Its a chance card and you don't always get what you need. Thanks for your opinion it was truly valued <3
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    Your house, your rules.

Love this <3 thank you :)
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    For the longest time I was under the impression that people who uploaded rooms like this always use debug to get the items. I was surprised to learn you actually earn them in game, I think I first realise with JtB. I think it is great that you earned so many collections in game. It makes me appreciate the collection rooms even more.

It is totally up to you if you want to use debug to complete them or not. You should only collect or earn them in game if you like doing so, not to please others.

Thanks <3 If you go to my main collection thread I sometimes share my gameplay while earning them, especially if I struggle and take too long to update the room like with the Batuu and Snowy escape collections, I think if I remember right my sim even died under the machine once LOL
    You can always add ribbons that you have gotten in the game later. If it is as random as it seems it would be a shame to burn out the enjoyment of playing for grinding after ribbons.

Yip that is what I ended up doing. I updated my room but will keep on playing my save game to earn them too <3
    edited August 2021
    Thanks all for your opinions, I have updated my rooms with the cheaty ribbons and they are in my gallery for those who would like them <3

Full collection 8/2021

OtyFDnC.png
    eLFAx2x.png

i4Q1s8y.png

giWrOqz.png

I also did three separate rooms as well.
    The first is for all the cottage living plants. The second for all the ribbons. The third for the plants and ribbons combined ;)

Cottage living plants
    rfja17X.png

Ribbons
    6c0pNlM.png

Cottage living collection
    BHdnA7y.png