Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Eyeball Ring Poll 2021 version

The famous/infamous Eyeball ring poll for 2021. There is a ring in the game that has an eyeball design on it and it sometimes gets randomly generated on your sims, a lot. Do you still love it, hate it or have you grown accustomed to it?

The Eyeball Ring Poll 2021 version 107 votes

Love It! I think it's cool. It's great for my teen sims. I adapted it for secret clubs/societies, challenges or other purposes.
7%
SamadamsPlayerGwastenMicaEnkiSchmidtScobreLiELFRouensimsKimmermightysprite 8 votes
Hate it! / Still hate it!
26%
GalacticGalIcewolfjeepjeepcatCamkatMaryVannTiipiiblueyblueskyDaravifoxybillyWinifred_WillowQueenMercyKarababy52Simmer_chiyenOldeseadoggesunblondMDianaSimsBreazonaDominicLaurenceRedShoe7StrawberryYogurt 28 votes
OMG! Hate it so much!
18%
Kita5399alexspoom13AlexaiSikoahGraceelanorbretonDarkLady2788YautjagirlHarukotyanNetzspannungDoloresGreyWrwurgarapoeslogionAmapola76SharoniaAdmiral8QStuffyMarxwaxesnostalgicPixilatedhymnhehim 20 votes
They must have tweaked it, I don't see it as often any more. Hooray!
11%
pendragon1980HeyYoDiscoNickRoboSpongiespice3phantasmkissEmmaVaneSindocatSusim62CeridwenbirdonawireCatzillaNushnushganay 12 votes
What? There's an eyeball ring?
10%
Colorist40PlayerSinger2010SimburianAnmirlasimgirl1010ldmarkoMizzila1297catmando830KathykinsNorthDakotaGamerZoeyevester 11 votes
I don't mind it/I'm used to it now.
26%
bshag4lvicmnfrshTheSpotted_CIObelleSimplyJentaydevBabykittyjadeSweetieWright_84annaliese39snoepjes1210MaggieMarleyVentusMattSheriSim57Colton147147musteniKyreRoenBooDaBoo5HopeyStarr[Deleted User]SeashoreLivia 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I modded it away/replaced it with a more tolerable ring, so I completely forgot it excisted.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Love It! I think it's cool. It's great for my teen sims. I adapted it for secret clubs/societies, challenges or other purposes.
    I still love it. I have an eyeball necklace in real life. 😅
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    It’s a bit weird but I’m used to it at this point : p
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I used S4Studio to make it unavailable for random, so I rarely see it anymore. Good thing, too. Few things trigger me so inexplicably much as that one tiny thing. :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't think I see random townies wearing it as much as others do.
    I really love the idea of using it for secret clubs though! :smile:
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I use the skin detail eyelashes so my sims can’t wear rings at all, but I still use the no random accessories mod to keep stuff off of sims.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2021
    I mean it be fun to use sometimes

but also i hate how sims put on every freaking accessory in game for all their outfits unless you go fix it

like i think default should be no accessories

+ somehow it gets on sims that I did not put it on so eh whats that why on simearth
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I usually just remove it from my sims, and move on.

Honestly, I think it's taken up a life of its own outside of the game. I'm not sure which one the community dislikes more, the ring or Eliza Pancakes.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I rarely see it anymore, so it's lost its annoyance factor.

That said, if there are still fans of the eyeball ring, there's a challenge for that.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    edited August 2021
    I haven't adapted it for anything, but it still makes me want to party like it's 1999. I love it.

PS I see what you did there splitting the vote for "Hate it".

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I don’t use it often, except for some sims that should have a gaudy look, or are materialistic or something,….. lol…. I like the idea of using it for certain clubs though…… that’s a clever idea.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I use the skin detail eyelashes so my sims can’t wear rings at all, but I still use the no random accessories mod to keep stuff off of sims.

I don’t use mods or CC, but I sure wish the dev’s would make different types of eyelashes. I would prefer that over teeth.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't hate it anymore than other accessories. I just hate how randomized Sims have so many accessories added to them. They never really look good together, in my opinion, so I strip accessories first thing whether or not I am going to assign my own.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    OMG! Hate it so much!
    It's an abomination. :D
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm okay about it but I don't even see it much anymore
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I love it, but not especially for teens. I have a club for my Sim, in which he invites all the eyeball ring wearing Sims that he meets. It's called the "secret society of THE RING".
    I always love seeing Sims wearing it, because it's so silly, but then again, I usually love to see random Sims wearing other weird things too. B)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish the random sims didn't feel the need to wear that horrible ring.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I don't hate the ring but I would really like to have it disabled for random.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2021
    OMG! Hate it so much!
    Read this comment in CAPS.

I hate all of the accessories, especially on my sim when they grow up!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it already! My sims don't want to wear necklaces, bracelets, rings, piercings, earrings and any type of glasses all at once to bed!!!!!
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    OMG! Hate it so much!
    I have a mod that removes it, but it is awful (and I was a teen in the 90’s, still awful).
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Read this comment in CAPS.

I hate all of the accessories, especially on my sim when they grow up!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it already! My sims don't want to wear necklaces, bracelets, rings, piercings, earrings and any type of glasses all at once to bed!!!!!
    giphy.gif

Exactly! Why I modded it away. And now wish I'd mod other accessory category away too.

Random sims generator: "I MUST FILL ALL THE SLOTS! ON EVERY SIM!"
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    I've owned a ring like that for about 35 years! It stares up at me from my jewelry box. So of course I love it!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    When I say that the first thing I noticed about others is their eyes, I don't mean to imply that I like seeing eyes, separate from their respective sockets Those types of things need to remain as the Pickled Punk items often seen in jars at the old-time Side Show Circuses. Thank you, no thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    OMG! Hate it so much!
    Same answer as in the last poll. I guess I see it less on regular outfits, but it still gets generated for almost every festival outfit in San Myshuno and for some reason it's part of the cold weather outfit on every game-generated Sim. I could go on and on because I really hate that thing, but suffice it to say it is and will always be the worst.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I don't like it showing up randomly on townies, but I've definitely put it on some of my Occult Sims. I mean, of course my Voodoo Mambo is going to have an "Evil Eye" on her finger for cursing. And my Mer Queen wears hers from the ocean Titan she had to slay to prove her worth as leader of the Merfolk. That ring is iconic. :)
    #Team Occult