Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we have polyamorous relationships as an option for sims in "The Sims 4"?

EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The reason I am wondering is because some people are polyamorous in the world, and maybe would like this feature as part of the base game.
Polyamorous people have multiple loving, intentional, and intimate relationships at the same time, with the informed consent of all partners involved. Again, I think this should be an option to choose to be EITHER POLYGAMOUS OR EXCLUSIVE.

Should we have polyamorous relationships as an option for sims in "The Sims 4"? 76 votes

Yes, definitely! That way the game is more interesting and challenging! The more, the merrier!
72%
happyjmelisamwittSnuffyBucketMariefoxprice83kemowerybestfrienemies14FroilBabykittyjadeFinvolaChampandGirliebixtersLeccaMaggieMarleyLatinaBunnyMasonGamerEnkiSchmidtDoodlyDoofuscalipossBlueR0seInuMiroLover 55 votes
Maybe................I will have to think about this one.
6%
wormofthebooksinnyonceSERVERFRANightwalkerArkaniscarpe_diem 5 votes
No, this will create unneccessary drama for my sims.
11%
mrsr99tsoPlayerSinger2010AnmirlafriendlysimmersCinders27EricasFreePlayChazzzyEternalSunshineGamer_34567544 9 votes
I don't know. This MIGHT not be a good idea for The Sims 4.
9%
SimburianMs_MikaPeralsimsplayer86CatzillaNushkaPurpleHeather 7 votes

Comments

• EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Yes, definitely! That way the game is more interesting and challenging! The more, the merrier!
    Case 1: LGBT sims weren't an option for sims until Sims 3 and Sims 4.
    Case 2: Some people in the real world have polyamourous relationships.

And a point I'd like to add.............there should be an option for LGBT polyamorous partners and straight polyamourous partners as well as the option to be exclusive instead, relationship wise, when it comes to LGBT people and straight.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I already use a cheat code to add in the "player" trait to sims so that I can have polyamorous relationships in my game. I'd be really happy if there was an easier and better way to do it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Every conservative group will be up in arms more so than they already are. But it sort of doesn't matter they are offended by everything.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    edited August 2021
    That's true, but the Go Go cages and the female and male "dancers" from "The Sims 1" are controversial as well, but not a lot of people complained about it then. Same with the poker table.

The reason I brought this up because of a mod by Lumpinou called "Open Love Life":
    https://lumpinoumods.com/2020/10/20/open-love-life/
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Oddly enough, I have seen some people claiming the Sims 4 already endorses this, but the jealousy mechanic begs to differ. I'm all for relationship diversity. We could use some new ones. Besides poly proper, this system could be used for the undefined relationships required in every spicy drama.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    well i wouldn't mind the option
    but i actually wish more that we had trait to make sims mega loyal to spouse
    think that be more challenging
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I have seen some people claiming the Sims 4 already endorses this, but the jealousy mechanic begs to differ.
    Maybe they are running the adult-oriented mod and forgot that polyamory wasn't baseline. The name of the mod gets censored on this forum which is fair enough, as it is not for the kids.
    edited August 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well i wouldn't mind the option
    but i actually wish more that we had trait to make sims mega loyal to spouse
    think that be more challenging

We could have BOTH polyamorous relationships AND exclusive relationships as options to choose in the game relationship when it comes to sims and their relationships. And we should have LGBT polygamy and LGBT exclusive relationships as options as well as straight polygamy and straight exclusive relationships, so that BOTH the LGBT community and the straight community can enjoy the benefits of their sims having a multiple partner relationship and so the LGBT community and straight community don't feel left out.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nah I like my male Sims to cheat on their wives without the wife knowing. It’s more spicy. Everyone in agreement would bore me.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No thanks
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Every conservative group will be up in arms more so than they already are. But it sort of doesn't matter they are offended by everything.

What conservative group backs the Sims 4?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    That's true, but the Go Go cages and the female and male "dancers" from "The Sims 1" are controversial as well, but not a lot of people complained about it then. Same with the poker table.

The reason I brought this up because of a mod by Lumpinou called "Open Love Life":
    https://lumpinoumods.com/2020/10/20/open-love-life/

There weren't proper rating systems for games when The Sims came out 2000/2001. The PEGI rating system came into use in April 2003, replacing many national age rating systems so I wonder if the Go Go cages and dancers from cakes would be accepted if it were in force then. They certainly weren't in Sims 2 coming out in 2004. I found Drew Carey turning up to parties more creepy. Coming from the UK I hadn't known who on earth he was! We got a kind of poker in Journey to Batuu for those who have the pack.

I think it's a bit late to incorporate polyamory into the game. We'll just have to put up with the Flirt trait and that unnamed but useful mod for those who want it and wait for a Sims 5 for over 18's.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I have seen some people claiming the Sims 4 already endorses this, but the jealousy mechanic begs to differ.
    Maybe they are running the adult-oriented mod and forgot that polyamory wasn't baseline. The name of the mod gets censored on this forum which is fair enough, as it is not for the kids.

Polyamory is also included in Wonderful Whims, which is a SFW version of that mod. :)
    But yes, I would love to have it in the game itself.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    I actually have 2 Poly families in my game ! Im probably not the 1st to find out that when a sim is engaged you can goto CAS, download another sim from your librairy as the wife/husband, and then goto elope with the sims first partner. Granted this limits the family to 3 so i guess its just a matter of time before its included in an update ;)
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    I say adding poly relationships to the Sims is an interesting idea because the romance department in TS4 is lacking in a multitude of ways, IMO. I would love to have poly relationships in addition to more romantic interactions in general!
    they/them or she/her
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Nah this is not important for me
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no since i do not think its a good idea for the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I doubt it could be done in a very realistic way; most things about the game aren't very realistic, after all. I currently use mods and cheats to handle my sims' open relationships as well as a few polyamorous ones. But if it could be done in a reasonable and workable way, that could be good. And this is only tangentially related, but I'd actually rather have an overhaul of the sexuality system so that I could have actual bisexuals (or even pansexuals) without my current task of having to constantly micromanage preferences with mods.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, please! I used to have two households of threematings. These sims weren't players, and I refused to put that trait on them, because it felt just wrong. They were committed to each other and to nobody else.

If there was a system that would make them jealous when one of them flirted with a stranger sim outside the trio, but keeps them happy when they flirt with each other, that would make things so much easier.
    edited August 2021
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I doubt it could be done in a very realistic way; most things about the game aren't very realistic, after all. I currently use mods and cheats to handle my sims' open relationships as well as a few polyamorous ones. But if it could be done in a reasonable and workable way, that could be good. And this is only tangentially related, but I'd actually rather have an overhaul of the sexuality system so that I could have actual bisexuals (or even pansexuals) without my current task of having to constantly micromanage preferences with mods.

You have a very good point that polyamorous relationships need to be done in a realistic and workable way. I didn’t even think of that.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    he77 no
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • d0ll_v0m1td0ll_v0m1t Posts: 23 Member
    i downloaded mccc and if you go to the computer, (i foroget what i did) but i manged to turn on polyamourus relationships, i havent tested it yet tho
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    It's not something I'm personally interested. I wouldn't be opposed as long as I can opt out of it if I choose to and make sure that my sim won't randomly become involved with multiple random sims or of nowhere. It's not a wonderful idea but it's also not the worst.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My opinion is to be tolerant of differences. I have only played with a few households with the player trait, most are monogamous but I like to add some complexity. Generally I think romance needs an overhaul with a lot of different styles. Romantic drama is sometimes a way to play the game though many happy poly couples have none as well. I think people should be able to play in the way that they want even if plenty of the families that I play with are happy families. I do mix it up with some households.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Maybe................I will have to think about this one.
    Well, we sortof do. Sims can have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends at the same time, also, they can have children with their multiple sweethearts. They're so wild. :D>:)