Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off-the-grid gameplay needs an overhaul

ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Ive been playing with an off-the-grid household for over a week now and the immersion issues keep piling up. Not some modern house in the middle of a village. I mean more of a household of hermits on an island. Primitive island and off-the-grid.

Gardening level 10 gives sims a machine to get rid of weeds.

It doesnt matter if its solar or battery powered. Especially when the sim in question has the technophobe lifestyle. Off-the-grid gardening means all things are done by hand! Any kind of electronic device has no business on an off-the-grid lot. Yes, even smartphones. Teens still use it to show off stuff. It ruines the immersion.

Stoves dont work. Only the hotplate does.

A simple outdoor pizza oven would do it as an alternative because the added feature to use biolfuel doesnt fuel the stove. Only the hotplate. Or add wood chopping to the base game in some simple form to power the off-the-grid stoves. Because thats what they are supposed to do when off-the-grid. Please add the oven or a function to fuel the stoves.

Fix hotplates.

Sims cook some receipies using pots but not frying pans. I dont see what the vessel to cook is related to the way its heated because both are heated in the same way. Please let sims make pancakes where they make soup.

Power will be shut off when bills are unpaid...

Off-the-grid lot ! We get the notification that power will be shut down and later it is shut off... while we dont have any power on the lot because of the lot trait. Stoves dont work anyway. Then the water gets shut off... which we get from nearby natural water sources or through the natural well lot trait. Further delay summons and NPC who steals things like the woodworking table. Please remove this when the lot has the off-the-grid trait.

Bills.

Ok, we dont have to pay rent. Why do we still have to pay taxes? Im playing in sulani, on the islands. I already had to purchase the lot but I still must pay taxes with off-the-grid... I thought Im the government in my game?! This is especially bad when I can just comb the sand for trash to easily pay the bill because you ruined the bills awhile ago. Please add a feature to turn this off in the lot settings.

Counters look like fresh from the factory.

Try playing an isolated household in a 100% wood construction, patched together toilet, bath tub, kitchen sink, fridge but the counter to prepare food looks like it was just ordered and delivered from the factory. Please add an option to build a primitive looking counter to the woodworking table.

Thats all I can think of right now.
Post edited by Zasz on

Comments