Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a limit to how much you can put into a fridge now since Cottage Living?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
I've been playing Cottage Living and my sims can still use their fridges to cook but after they have made a meal they can't put the leftovers back into the fridge? Recently they received a full grocery order delivered so I was wondering if that might have had something to do with it or if it's just a general bug now? One other thing that annoys me with the fridges is if you've collected a bunch of items like bottles of milk or eggs and want to put them away in your fridge you have to put each one away separately. How maddening.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can you put away left overs in a base game fridge? or is this a newer one in the pack or a kit?

I agree they said a long time ago large inventory slows down the game and it's advised to clean out inventory of Sims but they don't offer a way to clean out inventory with one click for all items of the same category nor by groups and or bunches.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can you put away left overs in a base game fridge? or is this a newer one in the pack or a kit?

I agree they said a long time ago large inventory slows down the game and it's advised to clean out inventory of Sims but they don't offer a way to clean out inventory with one click for all items of the same category nor by groups and or bunches.

There’s a multi select option in the inventory that allows you to select multiple items to sell in one go as well as ways at the top to organize them by category like food etc. Your inventory does group like items together for example if I have 6 tulip shells from Sulani it will put them in a group with one depicted and a small number 6 in a circle in the corner. I can click the circle and open the group and sell them individually by live dragging each to the sell box or again by using multi select or I can just live drag the entire group down to the sell box and sell all 6 at once. There’s also the option of moving things from a sim’s personal inventory to a storage box. There’s the big cedar chest type thing that came with Discovery University, the base game chests, and the big cardboard boxes from Seasons (I think that’s the pack they came with) and there are the base game chests. Both LittleMsSam and BrazenLotus have mods that separate the contents of these and refrigerators so they don’t share inventory which maximizes the storage you get from having them. You can stir elements in the rack that came from Get to Work, crystals fit on bookshelves, shelves and on surfaces like tables and countertops so you can use them as decor rather than pack them around. Same with Easter eggs, sugar skulls, and My Sims collectibles. Fish can be mounted, placed in fish tanks, or stored in the refrigerator.

Multiple items can be sold from household inventory by dragging it to the sell box, you then get a dialogue window for multiple items where you can click an arrow to count up to the number of items to sell, or simply type the number of items in the box directly, a feature they need to employ for selling to the grocery & garden stalls from Cottage Living because right now you have to click until your finger cramps. So anyway as you can see there’s no need to pack everything in your sims’ pockets there are lots of options to organize inventory.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Why is this thread in the Sims Franchise Discussion? Shouldn't this be in the Sims 4 section?

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I usually store a lot in fridges, and I noticed to limit. I'm speaking of 99+ strawberries, 99+ lemons and such, my fridge is full.

Also I haven't had a problem with putting several bottles of milk in the fridge at once, looks like a bug or a mod problem.
    Why is this thread in the Sims Franchise Discussion? Shouldn't this be in the Sims 4 section?

When I answered this yesterday or day before I thought it was in Feedback or TS4 General, I think it's been moved to the wrong section like a lot of other threads this morning.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

There’s a multi select option in the inventory that allows you to select multiple items to sell in one go as well as ways at the top to organize them by category like food etc. Your inventory does group like items together for example if I have 6 tulip shells from Sulani it will put them in a group with one depicted and a small number 6 in a circle in the corner. I can click the circle and open the group and sell them individually by live dragging each to the sell box or again by using multi select or I can just live drag the entire group down to the sell box and sell all 6 at once. There’s also the option of moving things from a sim’s personal inventory to a storage box. There’s the big cedar chest type thing that came with Discovery University, the base game chests, and the big cardboard boxes from Seasons (I think that’s the pack they came with) and there are the base game chests. Both LittleMsSam and BrazenLotus have mods that separate the contents of these and refrigerators so they don’t share inventory which maximizes the storage you get from having them. You can stir elements in the rack that came from Get to Work, crystals fit on bookshelves, shelves and on surfaces like tables and countertops so you can use them as decor rather than pack them around. Same with Easter eggs, sugar skulls, and My Sims collectibles. Fish can be mounted, placed in fish tanks, or stored in the refrigerator.

Multiple items can be sold from household inventory by dragging it to the sell box, you then get a dialogue window for multiple items where you can click an arrow to count up to the number of items to sell, or simply type the number of items in the box directly, a feature they need to employ for selling to the grocery & garden stalls from Cottage Living because right now you have to click until your finger cramps. So anyway as you can see there’s no need to pack everything in your sims’ pockets there are lots of options to organize inventory.

I think the inventory problem I was talking about is not able to move things to the fridge in groups instead of one by one. But the OPs problem is there is no option to move the leftovers or plates to the fridge, and why I asked if this is a particular fridge (new one).