Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod to disable ghosts, but not delete them?

So, every single sim in my game has an extensive family tree that's several generations in. New sims are brought in every three generations to prevent everyone ending up related, but they only marry into an existing established family tree. So, for the most part, every sim's family tree will lead back to one of the many "founder" sims that I had when I first started playing.

Now, culling is off as I don't want any sims deleted. According to MCCC I have 954 total sims and 530 of them are ghosts (and my game runs smoothly, even with 30+ GBs of mods, so that's not an issue). As you can imagine, the ghosts are annoying... but only because when sims die, they don't really die. The ghosts will call you, show up at venues to hang out, etc.

I do want the ghosts there, because I want my family trees to remain intact, but I want the ghosts to behave like the Grim Reaper. He doesn't show up unless a specific event calls for him to be there. For instance, I'd want a ghost to show up sometimes in a household with graves/urns, or during a séance or whatever, or if the lot has a haunted trait. I don't want the ghosts to show up because they want to party in a cafe in the early afternoon.

Is there a mod for this? Or a trait I can apply to all ghosts sims to disable them from just showing up everywhere unless called upon?

Comments