Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why won't they add a new Relationship Panel section for Family Members?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I see that they added a new relationship panel section for Livestock if you have CoL.

Now we have sections for Friends, Household/Roommates, Romantic Interests, Coworkers, Club Members, Pets, and Livestock.

Why won't they add one for Family Members? I have been wanting this for years it seems like. It would make it so much easier to keep track of family members!!!
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    Sadly, family play has been neglected in this game. An update on this is long over due in my opinion. I wish that they would consider in-laws as family also. It kinda ruins family get togethers when when dad flirts with his son’s wife.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    IKR. So very sad. As if family meant nothing.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sadiesue wrote: »
    It kinda ruins family get togethers when when dad flirts with his son’s wife.

I'm ok with this.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Been waiting on this for years it's so strange not to have it. Especially since I pretty much play with family members more than anybody and have to search the panels just to locate them
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I wish they would have the in-law relationship between family members whose family marry into another family. We have aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc. Any Sim marrying into the family is only linked to their spouse, and any kids they have, but when it comes to their sister-in-law, or brother-in-law, or any in-law there is no familial link.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I see that they added a new relationship panel section for Livestock if you have CoL.

Now we have sections for Friends, Household/Roommates, Romantic Interests, Coworkers, Club Members, Pets, and Livestock.

Why won't they add one for Family Members? I have been wanting this for years it seems like. It would make it so much easier to keep track of family members!!!

Maybe they will. Someday. It would be nice if it were within my lifetime (while I'm still playing this game, anyway). :lol:

While we're wishing, I'd also like to see a way to restrict clubs meant for family only to... you know, family members. Not sure why that was never implemented, either. The best I can do is make such clubs invite-only so that not just any joe can join autonomously, but that doesn't cure the problem. I don't do a ton of family play, but the game also doesn't encourage me when I do. It's so dumb when my non-played sims in rotation invite my current sim (who is not a member of that family) to their private family-only club.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Didn't the game start without a family tree at all? Dark days.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2021
    They don't even recognize second degree cousins onwards, so only siblings, children, parents and first cousins will be included if they ever add this panel
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sadiesue wrote: »
    Sadly, family play has been neglected in this game. An update on this is long over due in my opinion. I wish that they would consider in-laws as family also. It kinda ruins family get togethers when when dad flirts with his son’s wife.

I played TS3 not too long ago and my Sim flirted with his mother in law, so this isn't a TS4 problem.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    All of this, yes--before running off to the next expansion pack, or onto sims 5, I really wish they'd do a proper overhaul and improvement for family and family relations in sims 4. So many little things that would make such a huge difference.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I often miss the option to filter family members. I wish we could easily filter for siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Especially when travelling to another lot I would like to bring along relatives who live in different household.
    Didn't the game start without a family tree at all? Dark days.

Dark days indeed. I am glad I skipped those first two or three years. I can't imagine the game without a family tree.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I think they might if they add a generations pack. Or Legacy pack.

And also where we can add aunt's, uncle's, etc in CAS. I bet.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!