Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotational players, when do you play moved out sims?

GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 2
Just to clarify, I'm talking about sims that you've moved out into the sim bin during gameplay, not the sims that are already in the sim bin when you load up a neighborhood!

I'm playing through Pleasantview right now and I've come to a bit of a dilemma. Whenever I play the Pleasant family I have Mary-Sue kick Daniel out, thus placing him in the sim bin. I normally complete the first rotation without him and play his household on the second rotation, but this time I wondered why I haven't played him on the first rotation as well. Mary-Sue kicks him out before everyone on the lot ages up, so wouldn't it help keep his age consistent if I played him on the first rotation instead of the second? And, yet, it doesn't feel right to play him alongside the Oldies and the Burbs! :D

Sorry if this isn't the most interesting topic to talk about, but I really am curious! Do you guys always play your moved out sims during the rotation you moved them out in? Or do you play them on the next rotation, regardless of age?

Comments

• Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    If you don't mind skipping part of his life, you can just age him up. The easiest way it to install the sim blender, (looks like a plant). you buy it for 10 simelons and you can age any sim on the lot up or down, or make them 3 days older or younger as many times you want.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I think it would depend on when you moved them out.

If you moved them out at the beginning of the rotation, I would play them as part of that rotation.

If you moved them out at the end of the rotation, I would play them as part of the next rotation.

And either way if you moved them out in the middle of the rotation.

I typically move out at the end of the rotation, but I currently have a tendency to send all teens to University and they go at the end of the rotation before they would age up.

So I would send any teens at 4 days to age up or less at the end of a rotation. Though sometimes I'll fudge to keep non-twin siblings separate.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    During the same rotation. I take a note of how many days are left of the season (one round equals one season) and set up the new household to be on the same day of the same season. Or, is a sim moves out on day 3, for example, and I want them to merge into an existing household, then I keep them in the bin until the target household is on day 3, too.

(Most of the time though five days more or less don't make a difference, because I play with custom lifespan.)
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
    If you don't mind skipping part of his life, you can just age him up. The easiest way it to install the sim blender, (looks like a plant). you buy it for 10 simelons and you can age any sim on the lot up or down, or make them 3 days older or younger as many times you want.

Thanks for the tip! I have Sim Blender already installed but I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what it can do!
    During the same rotation. I take a note of how many days are left of the season (one round equals one season) and set up the new household to be on the same day of the same season. Or, is a sim moves out on day 3, for example, and I want them to merge into an existing household, then I keep them in the bin until the target household is on day 3, too.

(Most of the time though five days more or less don't make a difference, because I play with custom lifespan.)

I play seasonally as well! I might just start using your idea as it seems closest to how I normally play. 🤔 I've been avoiding merging households just because I was uncertain on how to keep everyone synced up, but I like the idea of waiting for the target household to sync up with the bin family before placing them!
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I think it would depend on when you moved them out.

If you moved them out at the beginning of the rotation, I would play them as part of that rotation.

If you moved them out at the end of the rotation, I would play them as part of the next rotation.

And either way if you moved them out in the middle of the rotation.

I typically move out at the end of the rotation, but I currently have a tendency to send all teens to University and they go at the end of the rotation before they would age up.

So I would send any teens at 4 days to age up or less at the end of a rotation. Though sometimes I'll fudge to keep non-twin siblings separate.

Ah, I used to do a similar thing except I would ALWAYS play them the next rotation, irregardless of when I played them or how long I played them. But this save file I've been keeping track of the ages and while it's very useful to keep track of everyone, it comes with the drawback that I'm now noticing how off sync my Sims can be. 😅

I haven't even touched University yet (I'm still a little overwhelmed with all of the content Sims 2 has!) but I quite like the idea of sending all of the teens off at the end of the rotation. I might just have to steal that!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    For me, it's as soon as possible. It's a new household amongst the many I have. It's exciting as new possibilities await.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    I sometimes have to move out a child with another adult or teen so they don't age up so a sibling and or someone else can be younger or older or the adults can grow older and this all depends on the story I'm playing. I play the Sim in the bin when it fits the timeline and keeps their age consistent with the Sims they are supposed to be of the same age etc. It's up to you. I never followed rotation schedules that would bore me to tears, but I do move Sims in and out so others can age and or move them in somewhere else and play them to grow much older then back home again. It's all up to you. But I would say yes, if your Sim needs to age a little so it fits the story you should play them on first rotation unless you want them to be a lot younger which I have also done that especially when it came to wanting to keep a kid a kid and a sibling much older but not an adult yet.

I have installed a mod that prolongs the life age, without having to turn aging off, so, many times I see some Sims as middle aged so they are about 25/20 days until elderly and they have to be moved around or others moved out to get them to this age, starting at 37 days before aging. Others I see as adults but not a very YA so they may be 29 days before aging to elderly. This would mean I have some Sims in their 40 and 50's (with cc face overlays etc.) and some who are around 29 or 30 and others who are 21 etc. I play a very immersive game. lol But do have to move them around sometimes to achieve my objectives.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,396 Member
    The way I do it...I move out sims at the end of the family's rotation...I only play moved-out Sims after I finish a cycle and go back to playing the next week (my time settings are playing each family for a week). This is necessary so that I don't double play the Sims I move out.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464